Ostomy Concerns

In this discussion
Replies
Views
rcdc13

Hey, after my shock at finding out that I would still occasionally have the urges to go to the bathroom out the backdoor, I have found over the last year or so that those are much more frequent now. Anybody else experiencing this?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

moonshine

They are caused by peristaltic waves... You may even pass mucus... 'I call them butt Braxton Hicks';... If they are bothersome, ask your doctor if you can use a glycerine suppository once a week... Or try to pass the mucus...

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
megalyman

I've had them a few times but I am a Ken doll and have no place to put a suppository. I have heard of others who have had this and one of the easiest things is to sit on the pot and make your mind think you are taking a poop.

Don

Durrrrl34

Ha, funny I read this now because I just had that feeling a few minutes ago. I've had my colostomy almost 3 years now and I still experience this fairly regularly, probably at least a few times a week.

petgirl

I have had my ileostomy for 27 years, 25 of which without a place to put a suppository. I experience this at least monthly, and I agree with Don, just go sit down and imagine you are having a bowel movement. It helps 99% of the time.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister