Waterproof Tape: A Must-Have for Ostomy Care

Replies
Views
kruzer

I always keep a roll with me. Good for taping edges if you go swimming. Good for emergencies if you start to spring a leak. Good for extra adhesion if you are going to get sweaty from exercise or yard work. And it's cheap.

LadyHope

Hi Kruzer, you are so right....the pink tape is an ostomate's best friend. LH

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,316 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

I used tape a lot with my first ostomy. I had forgotten about it, thanks for the reminder! :)

WAB

kruzer

Awesome... I was not aware of this product! Thank you... I will order it and give it a try.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
WAB

WAB

Whoops; text too small in last upload... sorry

First photo is of their regular tape, which I use every day. It is water resistant also, as I shower with it also. It is great for covering the edges of the flange in any width you may want, and easy to remove with no sting. I use this for every day. Hypoallergenic, latex-free. It works.

Past Member

Thanks! Will check that out. I thought I was going to be stuck with pink tape.

LadyHope

Thanks WAB. I am going to see if my supplier carries it. Pink tape is fine also....I like the color...LOL. LH

Ewesful

I use it for swimming, etc. -- just a warning to new users -- do a test strip and see how your skin reacts... I have had some that peeled the skin off and others that blistered after a few hours. You just need to find a brand or type that will work. The ostomy nurse shared that with me and helped me sort it out soon after surgery.

MarianC

Glad to know of this type of tape. I will ask my ostomy nurses about it.

Thanks,

Marian

Immarsh

Hi all,

I've used Scanpor tape by Bard for years, and although it wasn't waterproof, it adhered like a second skin, through multiple showers, and swimming as well. But my new supplier doesn't carry it, and although I can buy and pay for it, I've tried other tapes that haven't worked as well. Lady Hope.... What's the name of the "pink" waterproof tape? Not sure how it will work, since I have very sensitive skin that reacts to and peels off easily. But I'd like to try it.... I'll try the other one posted as well. Thanks all.. Best regards, Marsha

LadyHope

Hi Marsha! Nice to hear from you. Happy holidays! The tape that I use is Hy-tape. I think it is great and provides temporary security if a wafer malfunction is in process. It won't hold for days but it will provide some time to get to somewhere and make a change. I order it through the medical supply company. Take care. LadyHope