Memorial Day!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Irjosh

What's going on this weekend? Anyone got plans? I'm ready to kick back and bbq

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,105 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Irjosh

Really??? Nobody there? BBQ. Nothing?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Mrs.A

Hi Irjosh,

BBQ is nice if your at one but it sure can be a lot of hard work and preperations if your the one doing the shopping and cooking. The weather here is perfect for a bbq but the hubby and I are busy doing yard work and preparing for the hot summer days. I'm sure there will be some bbq's this summer but not for us this weekend.

Are you hosting a bbq? What are you planning on making, ribs, chops steak, burgers, hot dogs, fish? It all sounds tasty to me . Hope everyone has a safe weekend no matter if they are at/hosting a bbq or just enjoying the weather.

Bill

Hello lrjosh. It's serious  nature watching time here. We like to watch the birds feeding their young in the garden and wouldn't do anything that might make their lives harder.

BBQs are a luxury that usually get organised for July and August when things have eased off a bit.

Best wishes

Bill

Irjosh

Gonna do some burgers. Not up for grillin ribs and what not. But, im up. Not lettin my bag get in my way. Hope everybody is doin well.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Primeboy

When we were school kids we called this day "Decoration Day" and we would decorate the graves of the war dead. In those "dear old golden rule days" we ;did a lot of memorization and recitation, and one of the absolute musts was a poem commemorating this special ;day. You might enjoy this recitation of ;John McCrae's ;poem by Leonard Cohen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKoJvHcMLfc

To the fallen!

PB

Bill

Hello PB. 

Well! I enjoyed it and Leonard Cohen recites it so well.

Best wishes 

Bill

iMacG5

Thanks PB for the memories.  Decoration Day, the golden rules, the respect, even if not fully understood, all of it had lots of good we're missing today.

Respectfully,

Mike