Reviving my passion: Building a new bike for drag racing!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
pete b

Hi guys... I gave up drag racing motorcycles after I became ill and had an ileostomy in 2014... my daughter still races a drag car (with a motorcycle motor in it).

I thought that was it for me... but SOD IT!!!!! I'm now in the process of building another bike, hopefully I'll be racing it next year. Because money is tight, my daughter (bless her) said she'll take a year out so I can race... what a great kid!!!

This is my last bike that I built 6 years ago and now lives in Malta.

Onwards and upwards... NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,102 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

NJ Bain

Pete,

Beautiful bike, man. I hope the next one is just as nice, just be sure to keep it shiny side up! Your daughter is awesome for letting you race this time around. Keep us posted on when you get the next one built and racing!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Bill

Hello Pete. Love the bike, but love your attitude more! and love your daughter's too.

best wishes

Bill

letsrock

Good for you Pete.....I never let it slow me down!

pete b

Nice car... What does it run???

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
pete b

Thanks NJ Bain.

Hopefully I will keep it shiny side up....lol

pete b

Thanks Bill..... I hope my attitude is on the up after being down for so long..... And Rhiannon is great (for a stroppy teenager)... lol

letsrock

It runs 9.15's or so @ 147.....565 BBC on Alcohol.....

pete b

Pretty quick car... Don't you find it a pain with alcohol, having to drain it down after each meeting? It's what we had to do to Rhiannon's junior dragster that ran on it... or the "white death" occurred. We had it once in an older JD of hers and had to throw the carb away...

letsrock

It used to be a pain....but solved that problem by installing a 1-gallon fuel cell, 4 GPM pump, tapped the manifold below the carb with a needle valve.....run around in the pits on 110.....only use the methanol when I hit the burnout box........so just run the carb out/dry......no draining....

pete b

Great way to solve the problem .......