Hernia Growth Concerns: How Big Can It Get?

Replies
Views
JamesArnod

I have a parasomal hernia. I was never told about this happening.

I understand it is quite common and mine is small by some standards I am sure.

I suspect, but I wonder how large it could get. I wear a belt every day but take it off at bedtime as gravity is less. It recesses when I have the belt on. I'm a healthy and very active 74-year-old and was operated on 4 years ago. The hernia appeared in the first year and so far has not grown too much.

Jim

Bill

If it helps, mine hasn't grown too much over the years. I wear a hernia belt during the day only.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,465 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

JamesArnod

Thanks Bill, that is extremely good to know. I was quite worried that it would grow until I was going to need another operation or be incapacitated. You have set my mind at ease.

Jim

jamesarnold

Well, here it is 5 years later and in fact, it has grown, but (so far) a livable amount. I have purchased a larger (stronger as in wider) belt to contain it a tad better. I'm now 79.5 and in fact, I appear to be in better shape than I was when I was 74. I work out (exercise) 6 days a week in my basement. I'm active in most all regards. (I'm VERY lucky that I still can, even my Dr. is blown away and says I'm like an early 60-year-old person).

/>Opps the picture is sideways RATS! Oh well, can't win them all! LOL!</p><p>Jim</p>
						</div>
					</div>
                    <div class=

jamesarnold

I built the shed with a slide-off roof and spent 3 years reconditioning the 12.5" F7 telescope in the last few years.

Jim

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Bill
Reply to jamesarnold

Hello Jim. 

Thanks for updating us on your hernia. It is always useful to know other people's experiences of these things. Mine remains much the same as it has always been and I wear a double belt to try to make sure it stays that way.

That's much more successful than I was with the telescope that my daughter gifted to me. I cannot convert my shed because the roof is being used to house bats, and there is nowhere inside the house that is suitable to set it up. Eventually I hope/expect to 'gift' it to somewone else who might be in a better position to make use of it.

Best wishes

Bill