Incisional hernia fixed—I hope!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
vulcanBMk2
I have just spent the last 6 days in the hospital having my post-op incisional hernia repaired. Two and a half years ago, I had an ileal conduit operation (bladder removal, urostomy). However, due to an infection in the original incision, my guts pushed through the weakened scar line, making rather a nasty bulging hernia. Also, my belly was very badly distended. I looked like a small beer barrel around the middle.

Well, I'm back at home now with a repaired hernia, an amazing tummy tuck, and a tidy scar line. The district nurse is coming tomorrow to redress the wound and back again on Thursday to remove the metal clip staples holding my tummy together.

I am sore and have some sharp pains on moving about, but I should expect this as I have an internal reinforcement patch with internal, dissolvable stitches.

I hope to be a bit nearer recovery come Christmas and hope to start driving again around that time. The added bonus to all this is my stoma was not affected and my pants waist size is down from 36" to 33".....so it's a good thing I didn't throw all my old pants away.....Take care all... Pete.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,103 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

lottagelady

Glad to hear all went well, wonder if they'll do me a tummy tuck too? Take care, Rachel x

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member

Pete... I was thinking it had been awhile since I saw you online. Hope all goes well and keep us posted of your progress....

Past Member

That's on my plate for 2010 along with a revision. I'm so glad it went well for you!

59rabbit

I hope very much that you heal well, my friend. ;Pete, it has been a long time since we have said hello to each other. I hope things go well for you. 59rabbit

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Txgirl

Awesome Pete!!!

Gus

I'll be heading down the very same path next year, Pete. Plus a heap of hernia repairs. Glad it all went well, mate.

vulcanBMk2

I would just like to thank you all for your kind replies. Best wishes----Cheers Pete!