How to describe the feeling of a fistula forming

Replies
Views
w30bob

Hi Gang,

There's a guy at work that has a daughter with Crohn's, so he and I talk frequently. He said his daughter's doc was talking about fistulas as a common side effect of IBD. I remember when my fistula developed and how it felt as it was forming........but I had a hard time describing how that felt to him. Those of you who have/had a fistula probably know what I'm talking about. For me it was a dull pain that was deep in my butt that I could feel progressing until it reached skin level. But maybe there's a better way to describe it to someone who's never had that experience. If you can think of a more descriptive way to explain it.......let me know and I'll pass it on.

Thanks,

Bob

warrior

hmm.. how to decribe the feeling of a fistual forming... hmm i remember mine just becomming a huge absess. between the cheeks.. i dont really recall thefeeling of how it formed butI think you nailed it Bob.

made it extremely difficult to walk up right..forget about sitting!!and Ihad to bend while i walked. but that thing grew untill i had it surgically removed. i guess it could feel like a big fat ugly zit growing. just along side the anus.. oh that suka hurt. there are other side effects of IBD as you know. throw the deafness issue at her. betcha she flips out. u sent me a link about it. then there's joint pains.. ugh. depending on her age, she can be very informed what to expect if she ignores medical advice as well advice from others. it's amazing howone's journey duplicates others in the shit disease. learning on..

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,356 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.