Anybody else seeing a change in notifications?

Replies
Views
w30bob

Hi Gang,

Just wondering.........I normally would see a long list of notifications when I clicked on the icon, but now I only see notifications for the last day. Is it me or has something changed?

thanks,

bob

xnine

Same here. Only two show up.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Puppyluv56

Sometimes I wonder where everyone is. Will have no post and then other times, there will be several days worth that had not been there. Hard to stay current with that happening.
Pup

w30bob

Hi Guys,

Thanks...........I thought I was going nuts (or more nuts than normal). This is the first time I've seen this happen.

;O)

bob

iMacG5

Nope, not you Bob.  Well, maybe it is you.  And me and everyone else.  I continue to believe we're all at least a little nuts and in so many different ways.  It's comforting to me.  Believing one is totally sane and "normal" makes one more nuts than the rest of us.

Respectfully,

Mike

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Bill

Hello Bob.

I always thought that I only got notifications for those posts where I had ticked the notification box at the bottom of the post. I also get the notification of any new forum topics or blogs.

As an aside, I no longer think I'm 'nuts' as that was in my earlier years. Nowadays  I feel I am just progressively dementing, which is a much less active and aggravating condition and I can feel contented in my absent mindedness. 

Best wishes

Bill  

w30bob

Hi Bill,

I could be wrong, but in the past when I check that notification box at the bottom of a post ;it notifies my via EMAIL that there's a response, not in the notifications on here. I was seeing all activity on this site when I clicked the icon.......who was a new member, new posts, when someone liked something I posted or a pic I put up, and everyone elses replies to posts. Now it seems to have zero'd out and only has things from yesterday and today, where before it went back indefinitely, I guess (I never looked at things in the past more than a day or two old, but I assume it went back pretty far).

Good point about the "going nuts" thing. You put it much more eloquently than I. We can discuss it further when we both get to the finish line.........assuming of course that I remember who you are.

;O)

thanks,

bob

lovely

Sometimes I get two or three then I may get five or six. I two was wondering also if it was just me. I think a lot of people just do not post maybe just read.

britathrt60

I wondered what was going on too....logged in last night and only 1 post was there...wonder what the site is up to...i was thinking maybe because i am a free member they are weeding out the free members so that we all become full...but i guess thats not the case.....weird tho!

Angela

britathrt60

btw I'm glad it's not just me thinking I'm going off my rocker....LOL

nbsp

ron in mich

Hi Bob i noticed that also, but i think thats a good thing as it shows they are updating the system.

w30bob

Hi Ron,

Yup....thought that too. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just noticed the difference. The moderators curtail enough of my speech on here as it is......so I wouldn't EVER say anything bad about this site.I ;was thinking the same thing as Angela......I'm freeloading on here as well and thought my month of free member status might have expired early. But like ;you said....probably just an update.

later,

bob

lovely

I would have thought there would be a lot of posts. Just here in America it says there are almost 9500 . Not counting all the other places. I have read a lot ot of profiles and they say they want to meet people. Then I never see post from them.

w30bob

Hi Lovely,

In all honesty I don't think most new members know what to initially make of this ;site or what it's really all about. From the title it sure sounds like a dating site, but there are very few ostomates that live close enough to have a serious relationship. It also calls into question the whole idea of wanting to date another ostomate and what that's all about. So many variables, so few ostomates. So I don't think the primary function of this site is ostomate dating. I think most people on here enjoy the sense of community they find with others who deal with the same crap they do, as other non-ostomates can't really appreciate all that having an ostomy entails. So I myself am not even sure how I'd describe this site to someone. Dating site? Sort of, I mean it could be if you find someone close enough. Great place to chat about ostomies.......definitely yes. Great place to learn about how others deal with the same issues you do....absolutely.Fun place to hang around and shoot the shit........ahhhh...no. As for the being a member but not posting......not sure what that's all about, guess it's a personality thing. Some just like to observe......others like to participate. I think a lot of forums are like that, just the same as in real life.......there are a small number of leaders, and the rest are sheep. Lots of sheep out there, and nothing wrong with that. Bottom line....it is what it is, but I'm glad it's here. Baaaaah!

later,

bob

lovely

Bob I had not thought about people thinking about this as a dating site but that could very well be.

Bellily

in my two days here (or back), there were scant notifications until about 30 minutes ago, bam: 21 notifications (most of them various forum replies or posts that didn't relate to the one i posted), so maybe your comment made something happen, bob.

many years ago, when i signed up for this mao doohicky, i thought it was for dating and the pickings were slim, not that i was looking anyway, and i abandoned it because the facebook ostogroups were more "dynamic" - insto-presto replies to "wah! i'm suffering!" or "eek, i just farted in church" and that sort of thing. the fb route is also easier to navigate, everything all in one place. but now... there is some most definitely helpful communication going on that's making me smile broadly.

while i was here in years-gone-by, i was a sheep. baaa-a-a-aaa

lovely

Hi Bellily , nbsp; I did not know there were ostomate sites on FB I will have to check it out. This site is so good to post situations and get information nbsp; I really have learned a lot here.