Change in Bob's New Hat

Replies
Views
lovely

Looks like Bob is at it again. Has anyone else noticed the change. He didn't give up his new hat just added to it. Nice gojng Bob will be on the look out for the next change,

britathrt60

Bob new profile pic creeps me out...dont like it Bob..hehehe

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
w30bob

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

;0(

w30bob

Lovely,

Did you notice the logo on my hat? It's a little hard to see unless you blow it up a bit. But it's the logo that makes it cool.

;0)

Bob

britathrt60

Scares me shitless Bob....Lol

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
w30bob

Ange,

nbsp; We could only wish, right? It's funny how that expression takes on a whole new meaning on this site. Too bad normal folks wouldn't understand.

Regards,

Bob

Bill

Hello Bob.

I had to go into your profile to enlarge the picture and see the logo properly. It took me a while to figure out that it must be two fingers pointing skywards - as in the 'V' sign. This would be what makes it cool.  It's a subtle way of putting one's fingers up to the world without raising a hand.  I'll have to get myself one of those!!

Best wishes

Bill

w30bob

Hi Lovely (aka Sweet Poly Purebread)

Oh I sure can......"Have no fear....UnderDog is here!"

Now I'm normally pretty tight with the points, but in this case I rule that you each get a point! The reason being that you Lovely are technically correct, the logo on my new cool new hat is indeed that of McDonalds restaurants........but the bad pic I posted makes it very hard to see the little golden arches. Bill also gets a point for taking the time to check out my pic and comment. To be totally fair to Lovely.........her point is just a little bit bigger than Bill's point.

Court is adjourned.

;0)

Bob

w30bob

Hi Lovely,

McDonalds is EVERYWHERE, including the UK.

regards,

Bob

Bill

Hello Bob & Lovely.
Just to clarify my position on the LOGO.

Of course it might be perceived as a commercial logo, but where's the fun in that?
“What we see is not necessarily what we perceive”. I feel sure the term ‘double entendre’, applies to logos as well as to verbal experiences.
I often look at this one and think it resembles an upturned bum, but the representation on Bob’s hat seemed a little more separated than usual, so fingers giving the ‘V’ sign seemed relevant.
All these commercial logos deserve to have different interpretations and some of them lay themselves wide open to fantasia.
Our home-County has a motto ‘TRUST AND FEAR NOT’ , which, on the face of it, seems like the sort of positivistic, motivational type of soundbite one might expect from a bureaucracy. However, as soon as I read it. my perception was not at all how I presumed they intended the message to be interpreted.

Best wishes

Bill

Below is my rendition on that subject:

THE MOTTO. ( “Trust and Fear Not”)

In days of old so we are told
there were mottos by the score.
Portraying on shields all manner of fields
to hang upon the door.

With wit they abound, the words so profound
yet meaning is sometimes obscure.
What thought those wise men as poised with their pen
they captured this concept in four. ----(words that is)

I smile at the spark who thus made his mark
inventing this one, all for us.
It seems so amusing if slightly confusing
just how it passed by without fuss.

How would one portray on arms-coat so gay
the anguish, the let-downs, the fear.
When misuse of power’s the thing of the hour
and it’s been so for year after year.

What advice could they give to those not yet lived
who are likely to suffer this pain.
With so much suppression, that hint of deception
is bound to be in vain.

So, to disguise the fact that TUST is an act
of the foolish and the insane.
When those who are friendly turn out to be enemy
whilst playing in this game.

Ambiguous statements might be the treatment
that’s needed in cases like this.
To get through committee it needs to be witty
and miss the real meaning we wish.

Advice to ‘be bold’ goes well with the old
who knew not when/where to start.
They might be grateful for calls to ‘be faithful’
so blind to the state of this art.

To think of a logo that won’t be a NO-GO
yet keeps faith with the people so dear.
‘TRUST NOT THY NEIGHBOUR’ would not attract favour
although showing just what one should fear.

I think what we need for people to read
is a ditty with meaning quite plain.
But when it’s rehearsed the meaning’s reversed
and the truth is apparent again.

TRUST AND FEAR NOT = trust, and fear not (consequently)

B. Withers 1984

britathrt60

WOW! Bill your poem is amazing...have you ever written a poetry book and if so have you had any published?

Ange

Bill

Hello Ange. 

The answer to your question is yes! The longer answer involves the reasoning behind pubication rather than just keeping a load of rhymes in single sheets.  Putting them in books makes sure they are not lost and or scattered over time. Personally, I don't think that rhymes ought to be read from books in close sequence, as it diminishes the essence of the messages, unless they are in a story-book format (which one or two of mine have been).  I feel that the rhymes ought to be read one at a time, with an interval in between so that the mind has a chance to rest and even forget what has gone before. This is why posting them on a site like this when opportunties arise, makes a lot of sense to me. 

I'm so  pleased you like them.

Best wishes

Bill

Bill

Hello lovely.

Thanks for your post and letting me know that you liked the rhyme. It is most satisfying to know that there are other people out there who appreciate this stuff, as most of the time I simply sit here on my own making it up as I TALK TO MYSELF ABOUT THESE SUBJECTS. When someone indicates that they like (or even agree with) what's being said, it helps to make one feel that we are not alone in our contemplation of life's crap!

Many of my rhymes have been about people's problems with other people (particularly with regard to 'bullying' in one form or another) so, they do not make for easy or pleasant reading. However, those individuals for whom I have written the rhymes often appreciate them very much, and it sometimes helps them to re-evaluate their own position in the scheme of things and decide against ending it (at least for a time).

The psychological and emotional management of chronic illness alongside such things as stomas, pain, and disabilities can be very similar to coping with and management of 'bullying'. so writing rhymes to express feelings about these subjects can often be cathartic for all concerned, even if there is not very much we can do about it on a practical basis.

Best wishes

Bill

newyorktorque

Far out. I dig the shades.

w30bob

Hey Torquester!

Glad to hear you're alive and kicking!I sent you a PM checking up on you.......you're probaby too busy to reply. No sweat, just glad your good. Yeah, the hat gets comments everywhere I go!It takes folks a few seconds, and then they all say "hey, that's a good idea"!Go figure.

later,

bob