Once I'm healed up I'm supposed to switch to a high fiber diet, maybe I'll get this

In this discussion
Replies
Views
currentsitguy

This is an actual product that you can get on amazon. :)

width=

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,108 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

warrior

This begs the question..do champions really confess to pooping like themselves?

Will there bean event at Olympics ??

Would our president ( or your president) recommend this?

Questions like these are like our poop. Constantly happening. Whose next?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
PETey.13

Oatmeal in the AM. Banana on the PM. Works for me.

keepers51

Since getting my permanent colostomy this past October I did the recovery following what instructions I got from the WOCN and hospital staffers and my surgeon. Soft food was their directive. Well I was tormeted with pancaking on a daily basis and was reading literally hundreds of sites on the internet trying to find recomendations for correcting the issue but none said go full bore to fiber. But I decided to take matters into my own hands and did a 180 on diet. Things turned to perfection, for me, in a short time. Just days. I'm having high fiber cereal wth soy milk and unripe banana if I have it. Whole wheat tortilla with beans and cheese, whole wheat spaghetti, beans, brown rice with chili, raw and baked potato with skins, apples and pears, raw and steamed vegetales, granola, good snack mixes containing nuts and seeds and grains, dried fruit, whole wheat english muffins with peanut butter, whole grain bagels and bread, and so on. Just creating high fiber ideas as I walk the store aisles and read the food labels! For me, this is working flawlessly to keep my output close to Type 4 on the Bristol Stool chart and I'm happy about it. Also, at least two liters of water. This is just my response explaining what has worked for me.

currentsitguy

I'd be SOL on a number of levels there. I despise, completely and utterly despise any whole grain bread type products. Given the choice I'd simply go without. Luckily for me, I'm a Type1 diabetic, so carbs are pretty much out, so it's just not an issue. Right now during my recovery I'm on "soft" low grain foods, which is hell in the insulin department, but that won't last forever. When I'm back to normal I'll switch back to my meat and low glycemic vegetable heavy diet.

I know, it's a burden to have to live on a lot of steak and bacon, but this is the cross I must bear.)

Seriously though, I've picked up some Psyllium Husk Powder, which I'll try sprinkling on things once I can.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
w30bob

You might be better off just eating some 000 steelwool. No, don't do that........I was just kidding!Don't eat anything more fibrous than indented kraft paper.

;O)

bob

keepers51

Good advise.'o'