How do you keep your pouch dry in the shower?

Replies
Views
looking forward

Nothing. I just shower, wash my hair, and done. Bag dries with a towel and hairdryer.

bays6513

Thank you all for sharing all your personal tips on showers. I too agree that the best tips are here. I am going to try as for now I shower without anything.

I am happy I found this site with all these lovely members. It helps not to feel alone in my new life. Especially love the info when one swims. I love the water and I thought I would never be able to enjoy swimming again. But happy to hear I can.

Many blessings to all and you all rock. Take care.

BAYS ;)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,465 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Puppyluv56

Do not let an ostomy hold you back from enjoying a pool or the ocean! I am in my pool every day in the summer. Usually for hours. I may have to change my barrier a day or two early but I can wear them for 10 days so it is not a big deal. Its outer adhesive fabric starts to lift up a little with so much pool time. I regularly use the hot tub as well with no problems. Once you start swimming, you will see if it changes the length of time you can wear your pouch. It is worth it! nbsp
Have fun!

Puppyluv

Okra
Reply to Oscar56

My ConvaTech ostomy supplies include sticky strips to put all around the edges of the ostomy bag's sticky tape that adheres to the tummy. These strips are specifically to use on the bag to protect the adhesive when taking a shower.