The Weight 50th Anniversary

In this discussion
Replies
Views
xnine

The weight 50th aniversay goggle it , it is very cool. I do not know how they made it work. Great song, Canadian made.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

lovely

Is this the one you mean? It is interesting how they do it from different places.

https://playingforchange.com/theweight

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Bill

I just love the concept of 'playing for change' and this song seems to sum it up quite well. As for the sound, I like both the music and the lyrics, but my preference is to be able to hear the lyrics clearly. Unfortunately, with this style of performance, it sometimes feels as if the singers are struggling to be heard above the sound of the instruments. I noticed that those singers with the most resonant voices (and a little less instrumental) were able to put the message in the song across so much better than some of the others.

Just my take, and it doesn't detract from the fact that I love what they are trying to do.

Best wishes

Bill

xnine

That is the one.

lovely

Hi nbsp;xnine, I was really impressed with how all the different musicians from all over came together. I did not understand all the words but I have that problem of hearing background noises but not words even on TV sometimes. So I went back and listened again, and I still could not catch all the words. I looked up the words to the song and I guess it was just me but did not get the full meaning of the song. So down below the words was an explaination of the lyrics. I also saw that one of the musicians is only about 45 miles from where I live. Here is a brief meaning of the song and I think it fits some of us especialy the last line. nbsp; nbsp

Here's nbspan nbsp;interpretation simplified Dude got yelled at by his girlfriend, Fanny. He goes to Nazareth, but so many, insincere people only make him feel worse and add to his load. He sees a foxy lady (Carmen) but she rejects him and that makes him feel even worse. Even harmless old, dying Luke and the town jester, Chester, add to his load by asking favours of him. So he decides to go back to Fanny to resolve their differences. He also writes this song about how when you're feeling down, it seems that everything you do only makes it worse.

Sorry this is so long and maybe it is just me that needed to understand it better. Stay safe

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
xnine

Thanks for adding that.