Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships 22,1K + members

Illestomy reversal

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate.org
Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:25 pm

just had my reversal done 2hrs ago. Everything went great but in so much pain.. I was wondering if anyone knew how long it lasted and what struggles do I have to look forward to. Thank you in advance 

Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:36 pm

hi i also had one done many years ago.. just know that does not last forever and now i have a permanent one. the reason to have it done is for pain. now i have no pain gl to you

Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:50 pm

So you had them put the colostmy back. Was the pain that bad or you didn't want to deal with it anymore. I don't know what to expect felt like I had to pee but nothing came out just a little worried

Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:50 pm

Hi Lrasphong,

If the surgery was done laproscopically I wouldn't think there'd be that much pain.  If it was done open............yeah, that's gonna hurt.  If it was done open you should be pushing the button on that morphine pump until you break it.........and you should have taken the epidural spine block.  Now I've heard stories of re-connections being painful, but that was only because they connected the wrong stuff..........like a guys prick to his ass instead of his intestines to his ass.  If you start feeling like you need to poop out your prick.......or vice versa.....hit that nurse button immediately!!

;0)

Just messing with ya.......your anestesia hasn't even worn off yet......you won't even remember this conversation.  Hang in there bro....a few days of pain equals a lifetime of not messing with this shit anymore.  You know we're pullin' for ya!

regards,

bob

Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:30 pm
w30bob wrote:

Hi Lrasphong,

If the surgery was done laproscopically I wouldn't think there'd be that much pain.  If it was done open............yeah, that's gonna hurt.  If it was done open you should be pushing the button on that morphine pump until you break it.........and you should have taken the epidural spine block.  Now I've heard stories of re-connections being painful, but that was only because they connected the wrong stuff..........like a guys prick to his ass instead of his intestines to his ass.  If you start feeling like you need to poop out your prick.......or vice versa.....hit that nurse button immediately!!

;0)

Just messing with ya.......your anestesia hasn't even worn off yet......you won't even remember this conversation.  Hang in there bro....a few days of pain equals a lifetime of not messing with this shit anymore.  You know we're pullin' for ya!

regards,

bob

Thank you so much bro. Thanks for th e advice and also the laughs . It just feel like a sharp sting . But I feel it when I have to take piss because of me using my stomach muscles. I'm just hapoy I get to go back to work and not have wmto worry about leaks or anything like that anymore. I told the nurse if stings and she keep giving me oxycoden Nd gabapetin and morphine.  Starting to feel better be cut i keep walking around but after i walk it starts pulsating. Thank for commenting and helping me out.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.