Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Dating 21,023 members

Missing

Posted by lovely, on Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:43 pm

I miss Angela and Warrior I know Warrior 's last post was about some health problems he was having. I sent Angela a message but no responce, Their profile says it has been a month since they have been online. I just hope they are alright and decide to come back.

Reply by kmedup, on Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:36 pm

If you mean Angelicamarie, I miss her too Lovely.

Our world is not as kind as it used to be and that lack of kindness sometimes affects whether people will post or not. Some people could be having health problems again, like you mentioned.   It takes real thick skin to survive all what is happening in the world and sometimes it is just too close to 'home." As ostomates we are compromised already.

The thing about these forums is that it is exactly  that - a forum - not face-to-face interaction. I tend to post when I am frustrated and the ostomates have somehow put up with me but, I have thick skin. Life's experiences have taught me that.

There is a saying:

There are some people that make things happen.

There are some people that watch things happen.

And there are some people that say, "What happened?"

I happen to be in the first category and sometimes making things happens comes at a risk.

I would like to add this phrase ... "It doesn't mean a thing, it you don't have a swing."  Take care.

From a former fastball player,

Karen

 

Reply by Padfoot, on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:10 pm

I PMd Warrior last week, but he hasn't read it yet. I hope he's OK too. He has had a rough time lately.

Laurie

Reply by lovely, on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:41 pm
kmedup wrote:

If you mean Angelicamarie, I miss her too Lovely.

Our world is not as kind as it used to be and that lack of kindness sometimes affects whether people will post or not. Some people could be having health problems again, like you mentioned.   It takes real thick skin to survive all what is happening in the world and sometimes it is just too close to 'home." As ostomates we are compromised already.

The thing about these forums is that it is exactly  that - a forum - not face-to-face interaction. I tend to post when I am frustrated and the ostomates have somehow put up with me but, I have thick skin. Life's experiences have taught me that.

There is a saying:

There are some people that make things happen.

There are some people that watch things happen.

And there are some people that say, "What happened?"

I happen to be in the first category and sometimes making things happens comes at a risk.

I would like to add this phrase ... "It doesn't mean a thing, it you don't have a swing."  Take care.

From a former fastball player,

Karen

 

I was talking about britathrt60. Angelicamarie posted a few days ago but not as often as she used to do. I just hope they know they are missed and decide to come back. Warrior talked about his problems a while back. He, Bob and  britathrt60 used to play off one another.

Reply by kmedup, on Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:37 pm
lovely wrote:
kmedup wrote:

If you mean Angelicamarie, I miss her too Lovely.

Our world is not as kind as it used to be and that lack of kindness sometimes affects whether people will post or not. Some people could be having health problems again, like you mentioned.   It takes real thick skin to survive all what is happening in the world and sometimes it is just too close to 'home." As ostomates we are compromised already.

The thing about these forums is that it is exactly  that - a forum - not face-to-face interaction. I tend to post when I am frustrated and the ostomates have somehow put up with me but, I have thick skin. Life's experiences have taught me that.

There is a saying:

There are some people that make things happen.

There are some people that watch things happen.

And there are some people that say, "What happened?"

I happen to be in the first category and sometimes making things happens comes at a risk.

I would like to add this phrase ... "It doesn't mean a thing, it you don't have a swing."  Take care.

From a former fastball player,

Karen

 

I was talking about britathrt60. Angelicamarie posted a few days ago but not as often as she used to do. I just hope they know they are missed and decide to come back. Warrior talked about his problems a while back. He, Bob and  britathrt60 used to play off one another.


oops - wrong person; thanks for information

Reply by bowsprit, on Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:41 pm

Nice of you to inquire about britathrt60 and Warrior's well-being. I am sure they are both well, just busy, a lot going on these days. Best wishes.

Reply by Padfoot, on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:27 pm
bowsprit wrote:

Nice of you to inquire about britathrt60 and Warrior's well-being. I am sure they are both well, just busy, a lot going on these days. Best wishes.


Thanks for chiming in, Bowsprit. We don't hear from you all that often, so it's good to know we don't have to worry about you too.

Laurie

Reply by kmedup, on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:34 pm
bowsprit wrote:

Nice of you to inquire about britathrt60 and Warrior's well-being. I am sure they are both well, just busy, a lot going on these days. Best wishes.

Nice to hear from you bowsprit; I look forward to your posts:)K

Reply by lovely, on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:30 pm

Hey Karen I used to play fastball also. I loved it i played all the out fields, short stop and pitcher. I have played basket ball, bowling I loved sports. Wheeee that was a long time ago. LOL

Reply by Bill, on Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:03 am

Hello Lovely. 

Thanks for this post as I often wonder where people are when they don't post for a while. However, I convince myself that if they wanted us to know, they would message someone and give an explanation. Sometimes people, including myself, simply have a break from posting, but continue to be interested in what others are discussing on here. When I had a 'real' problem with my heart attack and subsequent operation, and did not know what the outcome might be, my wife kindly posted an explanation on my behalf. Not everyone has someone like that, who can keep people informed when things go wrong.

Hopefully everyone is still managing to cope even if they are not corresponding regularly.

Best wishes

Bill

Reply by kmedup, on Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:43 pm
lovely wrote:

Hey Karen I used to play fastball also. I loved it i played all the out fields, short stop and pitcher. I have played basket ball, bowling I loved sports. Wheeee that was a long time ago. LOL


Hi Lovely,

Yes it is in the past for me as well. Wow - a pitcher! Did you windmill?

I was a catcher (and shortstop) and the "last" batter always - my nickname was KC - after the famed poem, Casey at the Bat.  I curled and played volleyball until I had a knee replacement - 3 years ago and now I specilaize in apres sporting events - a cheerleader and a beer and wings at the local pub afterwards. Take care.. K.

Reply by bowsprit, on Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:43 pm
Padfoot wrote:
bowsprit wrote:

Nice of you to inquire about britathrt60 and Warrior's well-being. I am sure they are both well, just busy, a lot going on these days. Best wishes.


Thanks for chiming in, Bowsprit. We don't hear from you all that often, so it's good to know we don't have to worry about you too.

Laurie

Ok, Padfoot. If I don't appear on these pages for a long time, it will mean that I am seriously engaged in very happy activities like having finally found someone, but seriously there are many dangers lurking around these days with this Corona virus and no end in sight. Stay safe. Best wishes.

Reply by Padfoot, on Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:32 pm
bowsprit wrote:
Padfoot wrote:
bowsprit wrote:

Nice of you to inquire about britathrt60 and Warrior's well-being. I am sure they are both well, just busy, a lot going on these days. Best wishes.


Thanks for chiming in, Bowsprit. We don't hear from you all that often, so it's good to know we don't have to worry about you too.

Laurie

Ok, Padfoot. If I don't appear on these pages for a long time, it will mean that I am seriously engaged in very happy activities like having finally found someone, but seriously there are many dangers lurking around these days with this Corona virus and no end in sight. Stay safe. Best wishes.

I am very glad to hear that you are engaged in happy activities! And that you have found someone. Being happy is the meaning of life, my friend. Carry on!

 

Laurie

Reply by bowsprit, on Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:46 pm
Padfoot wrote:
bowsprit wrote:
Padfoot wrote:
bowsprit wrote:

Nice of you to inquire about britathrt60 and Warrior's well-being. I am sure they are both well, just busy, a lot going on these days. Best wishes.


Thanks for chiming in, Bowsprit. We don't hear from you all that often, so it's good to know we don't have to worry about you too.

Laurie

Ok, Padfoot. If I don't appear on these pages for a long time, it will mean that I am seriously engaged in very happy activities like having finally found someone, but seriously there are many dangers lurking around these days with this Corona virus and no end in sight. Stay safe. Best wishes.

I am very glad to hear that you are engaged in happy activities! And that you have found someone. Being happy is the meaning of life, my friend. Carry on!

 

Laurie


I didn't express myself clearly there but there was an 'if' included. The height of my happy activity these days is playing the horses on English racecourses in the afternoon. Any punter will tell you that winning in horse racing is difficult, so I use a number of strategies, studying the form and speed ratings help. Two of the people around me were found positive to the virus, since my immunity level is not the, best have to be careful and stay in the house. Anyway, the horses help in keeping your mind off other weighty matters. Somebody prominent once asked the Duke of Edinburgh someting regarding the Queen. His reply:  " Well, if it doesn't eat grass and farts, she is not interested ". Stay safe. Best Wishes. 

Reply by Padfoot, on Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:27 pm

Hey, good news - Warrior just got back to me. I told him that people have been asking about him, so hopefully, he will post something soon.

 

Laurie

Reply by lovely, on Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:56 pm
kmedup wrote:
lovely wrote:

Hey Karen I used to play fastball also. I loved it i played all the out fields, short stop and pitcher. I have played basket ball, bowling I loved sports. Wheeee that was a long time ago. LOL


Hi Lovely,

Yes it is in the past for me as well. Wow - a pitcher! Did you windmill?

I was a catcher (and shortstop) and the "last" batter always - my nickname was KC - after the famed poem, Casey at the Bat.  I curled and played volleyball until I had a knee replacement - 3 years ago and now I specilaize in apres sporting events - a cheerleader and a beer and wings at the local pub afterwards. Take care.. K.


Yes I did windmill. Another girl and myself were the best batters on the team. We were right handed but could easily put the ball in right field. 

Reply by lovely, on Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:22 pm
lovely wrote:

Hey Karen I used to play fastball also. I loved it i played all the out fields, short stop and pitcher. I have played basket ball, bowling I loved sports. Wheeee that was a long time ago. LOL

Hi I found this old picture after we talked about playing softball. Bet you cannot guess which one is me. LOL

Reply by bowsprit, on Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:47 pm
lovely wrote:
lovely wrote:

Hey Karen I used to play fastball also. I loved it i played all the out fields, short stop and pitcher. I have played basket ball, bowling I loved sports. Wheeee that was a long time ago. LOL

Hi I found this old picture after we talked about playing softball. Bet you cannot guess which one is me. LOL

Third from the left kneeling. I have an eye for the pretty ones.

Reply by Padfoot, on Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:53 pm
lovely wrote:
lovely wrote:

Hey Karen I used to play fastball also. I loved it i played all the out fields, short stop and pitcher. I have played basket ball, bowling I loved sports. Wheeee that was a long time ago. LOL

Hi I found this old picture after we talked about playing softball. Bet you cannot guess which one is me. LOL

Front row, far right.

 

Laurie

Reply by kmedup, on Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:04 pm

Ba

lovely wrote:
lovely wrote:

Hey Karen I used to play fastball also. I loved it i played all the out fields, short stop and pitcher. I have played basket ball, bowling I loved sports. Wheeee that was a long time ago. LOL

Hi I found this old picture after we talked about playing softball. Bet you cannot guess which one is me. LOL


Back row, far left. OMG: we all have diferent answers:)K

Reply by lovely, on Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:00 pm

Sorry no one got it right.Hard for me to believe I ever looked like the picture; It is the front row second one kneeling. I was the smallest one on the team.

Reply by Padfoot, on Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:15 pm
lovely wrote:

Sorry no one got it right.Hard for me to believe I ever looked like the picture; It is the front row second one kneeling. I was the smallest one on the team.


I think none of us would look much like we did when we were younger. Of course, we all look much better than we did back then!

Laurie

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.
All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Currently online: 9    
2 members & 7 visitors
Sun (f)
 
 
Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate - the largest online community for people with an ostomy.
If you have questions or just want to meet and chat with others, join us and enjoy our great community.