Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Dating 21,030 members

Happy Independence Day!

Posted by Padfoot, on Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:23 am

To all the American ostomates on this site, I wish you a happy and safe July 4th! I hope you have a wonderful holiday with family and friends. 🇱🇷

Laurie

Reply by countyclare, on Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:35 am

The same to you. Thanks.

Reply by Mtnman, on Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:41 pm

Thank you Padfoot, from Oregon.  And too those who have served we thank you for this freedom. 

Happy Independence Day around the world to all that fight to keep it that way, no matter where we are from.   mtnman. 

Reply by kmedup, on Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:50 pm
Mtnman wrote:

Thank you Padfoot, from Oregon.  And too those who have served we thank you for this freedom. 

Happy Independence Day around the world to all that fight to keep it that way, no matter where we are from.   mtnman. 

Yes, Happy Independence Day.

I am watching, in real time, the fireworks from Washington DC with American Service Bands – marine and army - in social isolating styles from their own homes, playing the American greats - your national anthem, God Bless America, This is My Country, 1812 Overture that had in the score - the firing of cannons. Awesome film editing. Songs followed from Burt Bacharach with the Berkley School Choir singing his original "What the World Needs Now (all social distancing from their homes) and a newly released Aretha Franklin song never heard before compliments of Clyde Davis and then Billy Ray Cyrus singing Some Gave All. Martina McBride, New York Philharmonic with the Overture to Candide plus more I can’t remember while I am watching …. Pass me a Kleenex – this was soooooo good. The fireworks were 30 min long – so cool and what true Americans all needed – beauty and reverence …

Then we were treated to the fireworks off of the Empire State Building put there for the first time to avoid social gatherings. This is how I remember the good ole US of A.

Wow - all of this compared to the chaotic, hate-filled campaign speech by Trump, dividing the country even more, at Mount Rushmore where no one social distanced at all because the governor said they weren’t required to. Huh! No masks either and no people of color. Hmmmm … Just another one of Trump and Pence's  “petri-dish tours” to spread the virus. What happened to the Republican Party? It looks like a party of hate now – the result of which seems to be – the Lincoln Project – interesting turn of events. This day should never be politicized.

Anyway, my apologies, back to tears and listening to New York New York, The Harlem Gospel Choir (social distancing as well  )– I hope many of you had a chance to watch both of these events on your special day.

Wait there is more (I sound like a commercial, there might even be free shipping) as I continue to watch the lion's share of breathtaking fireworks from sea to shining sea all accompanied by by youth and adult choirs and symphonies (Chicago - yeah) and stars like Pat Benetar ... now ... Houston (fireworks to William Tell Overture) and before ... fireworks from  Springfield, Jacksonville

The most unique was the The Nashville drone light show in red, white and blue - spectacular ... and Don Mclean is coming up with the iconic American Pie Song. Can't get any better than this.

Thanks to the "Fourth in America" TV broadcast, I still have faith and hope ...

Karen

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.