I am in the pool for a hour a day & I go to the river often- will all this water time mean more bag changes or cause leaks?
I think it more heat then wet that causes leaks. If it looks good before you go in you should be OK.
- Intimacy, Relationships & Ostomy
- Clothing, Swimming & Ostomy
- Foods, Diet & Ostomy
- Sports & Ostomy
- Odor & Ostomy
- Weight Issues & Ostomy
- Travelling & Ostomy
- Preventing ballooning
- Preventing leakage
- How to conceal your pouch
I agree with xnine - I am swimming a lot right now, and I don't have issues with leaks. What I do find is that the filter on the bag doesn't seem to last as long, even though I put the stickie over it before I go in the pool. Generally, I find that summer is hard on ostomy appliances; whether from the heat, or swimming.
Living in Florida- between pool and ocean, no problem with leaks. I do wear a wrap by ostomy secrets for comfort while swimming. Stay hydrated and enjoy. 😎
- Ostomy odor control that SIMPLY WORKS
- Use in colostomy, ileostomy and urostomy pouches
- Enjoy your favorite foods and socialize without worry
- 1-2 squirts, each time you empty, is all you need
- Recommended by ET Nurses throughout the USA
- 1 oz, 2 oz, 8 oz and 12 oz bottles available
- Always 100% made in the USA
Our Customer's Satisfaction and Quality of Life is our Number #1 Priority.
I don't swim that much but when I do I have no troubles. I have a colostomy. Best to you.
Same as showering. Should not cause an issue.