Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Dating 21,175 members

I Will Do My Part

Posted by kmedup, on Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:18 am

Most of you - and even me, will not have remembered the "blitz."  It was before my time but it sure makes for a great analogy.

Imagine - If in London, during the blitz, there would be a whole bunch of people saying, "I'll turn on my lights if I feel like it."

Just sayin ... K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpAKcQufacc

Axl
Reply by Axl, on Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:58 am

 

Go full screen so you can follow the text at the bottom of the video

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158628458685649&id=576065648&sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=i

 

Reply by iMacG5, on Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:35 pm

Again, I thank you Karen.

Mike

Reply by iMacG5, on Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:42 pm
Axl wrote:

 

Go full screen so you can follow the text at the bottom of the video

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158628458685649&id=576065648&sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=i

 

Thanks for the laugh, Axl.

Mike

Reply by kmedup, on Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:33 pm
Axl wrote:

 

Go full screen so you can follow the text at the bottom of the video

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158628458685649&id=576065648&sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=i

 


Thanks Axl:)  Fun, and you are correct, you have to read the text. 

Looks like upbeat folks (trying to keep us upbeat) are singing their way through the pandemic - one parody after the other - one way to cope. When we are forced to think both inside and outside the square or rectangle box, we can. 

New word for Webster's Dictionary - Coronacoaster - noun: the ups and downs of a pandemic. One day you're loving your bubble, doing workouts, baking banana bread and going for long walks, and the next, you are crying, drinking gin for breakfast and missing people you don't even like.

What I know for sure now: It turns out that when asked who is your favourite child is, you're supposed to pick one of your own.

Now - for a another parody ...  but before that, 'I'll have another cafe-mocha-vodka-valium-latte, to go please. Just, K.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4jR_9-YPK8



Last edited by kmedup on Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply by bowsprit, on Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:35 pm

Incidentally, kmedup, during the "Blitz" one of the most popular songs they say was "When the Lights Go On Again" by Vera Lynn.

Reply by kmedup, on Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:47 pm
bowsprit wrote:

Incidentally, kmedup, during the "Blitz" one of the most popular songs they say was "When the Lights Go On Again" by Vera Lynn.

Thanks for that and how appropriate and fitting it is, Bowsprit:)

When the lights go on again all over the  world -
And the ships will sail again all over the world -
Then we'll have time for things like wedding rings and free hearts will sing -
When the lights go on again all over the world -

Just, K.

Reply by Carl, on Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:49 pm

Great analogy. Love it more every time I think of it.

Reply by kmedup, on Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:51 pm
Carl wrote:

Great analogy. Love it more every time I think of it.


So, when someone relies to a post, and if I have time, I like to look at the profiles so I can put a face to the comments. i am sure glad I peeked at your profile Carl, because I read something very inspiring there ...

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. “ I like it, I really like it. Just, K

 

Reply by kmedup, on Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:19 pm

 

kmedup wrote:
Carl wrote:

Great analogy. Love it more every time I think of it.


So, when someone relies to a post, and if I have time, I like to look at the profiles so I can put a face to the comments. i am sure glad I peeked at your profile Carl, because I read something very inspiring there ...

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. “ I like it, I really like it. Just, K

 

I like this depiction of society. We are all in the same boat, different genres - but ultimately the same boat. Just K.

 

Reply by iMacG5, on Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:19 pm
kmedup wrote:

 

kmedup wrote:
Carl wrote:

Great analogy. Love it more every time I think of it.


So, when someone relies to a post, and if I have time, I like to look at the profiles so I can put a face to the comments. i am sure glad I peeked at your profile Carl, because I read something very inspiring there ...

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. “ I like it, I really like it. Just, K

 

I like this depiction of society. We are all in the same boat, different genres - but ultimately the same boat. Just K.

 

I think the Catholic way of interpreting that scenario is “That hole IS on our side”. The thinking would be we’re all in the same boat and together we can make things better for all of us. Maybe take turns. Maybe invite the wet folks to the other end. It might be cramped but dry. This has nothing to do with religion or scripture, whatever that is. To me it just has to do with why we’re here. IMHO it’s to help each other. I don’t believe we’re created equally; some are stronger, some can sing, dance, slam dunk, and some might become way smarter than others. If we work together we can make things so much better for all of us. Too often compassion is considered weakness if not flat out stupid.
I might have more to offer but I just don’t know. Some help would be nice.
Thanks, K. You seem to always get us thinking in good ways.
Mike

Reply by kmedup, on Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:37 pm
iMacG5 wrote:
kmedup wrote:

 

kmedup wrote:
Carl wrote:

Great analogy. Love it more every time I think of it.


So, when someone relies to a post, and if I have time, I like to look at the profiles so I can put a face to the comments. i am sure glad I peeked at your profile Carl, because I read something very inspiring there ...

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. “ I like it, I really like it. Just, K

 

I like this depiction of society. We are all in the same boat, different genres - but ultimately the same boat. Just K.

 

I think the Catholic way of interpreting that scenario is “That hole IS on our side”. The thinking would be we’re all in the same boat and together we can make things better for all of us. Maybe take turns. Maybe invite the wet folks to the other end. It might be cramped but dry. This has nothing to do with religion or scripture, whatever that is. To me it just has to do with why we’re here. IMHO it’s to help each other. I don’t believe we’re created equally; some are stronger, some can sing, dance, slam dunk, and some might become way smarter than others. If we work together we can make things so much better for all of us. Too often compassion is considered weakness if not flat out stupid.
I might have more to offer but I just don’t know. Some help would be nice.
Thanks, K. You seem to always get us thinking in good ways.
Mike


Hey Mike,

Did you get the copy of the recipe book I sent you? So busy here for another 6 weeks, I can't even answer emails properly but sometimes I need a small break. Just, K.

Reply by HenryM, on Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:39 am
Axl wrote:

 

Go full screen so you can follow the text at the bottom of the video

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158628458685649&id=576065648&sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=i

 


Rats, I'm unable to watch this 'cause you have to log-in to FB first, and I'm not a FB participant. 

Reply by dadnabbit, on Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:43 pm
Axl wrote:

 

Go full screen so you can follow the text at the bottom of the video

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158628458685649&id=576065648&sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=i

OMG, ---  It's PERFECT !!!

PEACE

Dadnabbit



Axl
Reply by Axl, on Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:24 am
HenryM wrote:
Axl wrote:

 

Go full screen so you can follow the text at the bottom of the video

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158628458685649&id=576065648&sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=i

 


Rats, I'm unable to watch this 'cause you have to log-in to FB first, and I'm not a FB participant. 


Neither am I Henry, dont need to be  ........  just click the play button

Reply by kmedup, on Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:17 pm
Axl wrote:
HenryM wrote:
Axl wrote:

 

Go full screen so you can follow the text at the bottom of the video

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158628458685649&id=576065648&sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=i

 


Rats, I'm unable to watch this 'cause you have to log-in to FB first, and I'm not a FB participant. 


Neither am I Henry, dont need to be  ........  just click the play button

 



Last edited by kmedup on Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply by kmedup, on Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:18 pm
Axl wrote:
HenryM wrote:
Axl wrote:

 

Go full screen so you can follow the text at the bottom of the video

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158628458685649&id=576065648&sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=i

 


Rats, I'm unable to watch this 'cause you have to log-in to FB first, and I'm not a FB participant. 


Neither am I Henry, dont need to be  ........  just click the play button

 



Last edited by kmedup on Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply by kmedup, on Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:18 pm
Axl wrote:
HenryM wrote:
Axl wrote:

 

Go full screen so you can follow the text at the bottom of the video

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158628458685649&id=576065648&sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=i

 


Rats, I'm unable to watch this 'cause you have to log-in to FB first, and I'm not a FB participant. 


Neither am I Henry, dont need to be  ........  just click the play button

I have never seen so much “created” (written, sung, drawn, acted out) for someone like Trump than ever before. I wonder if history will be kind to him. At least his reign is exposing all the evils that are going on under our very noses while we are too busy creating, vacationing, spending, whining and working to pay the everyday bills that keep piling up, to figure it out. Anyway ... I thought this song was quite creative – all politics aside. If I don't think on the lighter side sometimes, this frustration will continue to live “rent-free" in my brain.

We are capable of so much; effort and thought are needed now more than ever. Good thing I do not have to vote in the upcoming election but never fear, trouble, divisiveness and ugliness is now rearing its head in my country as well. Methinks WE need the wall. However, there is always hope. Just K. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkU1ob_lHCw

 

Reply by dadnabbit, on Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:53 pm

Hey Karen--I used to live near a Cook Out burger joint that played "The lion sleeps tonight" OFTEN.  It even got left on overnight frequently and I learned to HATE the song.  You made me enjoy the tune once again.  THANKS

PEACE

Nancy

Reply by kmedup, on Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:25 pm
dadnabbit wrote:

Hey Karen--I used to live near a Cook Out burger joint that played "The lion sleeps tonight" OFTEN.  It even got left on overnight frequently and I learned to HATE the song.  You made me enjoy the tune once again.  THANKS

PEACE

Nancy

Hey Nancy,


I took this photo after watching, with amusement, a dog and a magpie interact for a whole 5 minutes. In hindsight, I should have videoed it.

The magpie was mouthing/beaking the riot act to the dog, chirping incessantly, definitely neurotically, trying to garner attention but the dog would have none of it. Instead the dog chose to remain calm, cool and non-interested in engaging in a probable confrontation.Their social distancing was very admirable.

Geez - if animals can do it .... I feel another analogy coming on. Just, K.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.
All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Currently online: 12    
2 members & 10 visitors
panguy (m)
Ritz (f)
 
 
Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate - the largest online community for people with an ostomy.
If you have questions or just want to meet and chat with others, join us and enjoy our great community.