Share Your Stoma Naming Creativity!

Replies
Views
collie123

Oh, that was so funny!

Errrrr....I am with the wife.

I think she may have a point. Naming your stoma after the sister-in-law may not be very diplomatic!

Made me laugh though!

You take care

C

Sunny1978

I have a stoma that I catheterize through and that I call Thing 1 (pee). My colostomy stoma is named Thing 2 (poo).

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,361 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Haha. I love it! 

Lily17

Hi, all!

Some ostomates in my support group have named their stomas after volcanoes - Etna, Vesuvius, Krakatoa, etc. I've named mine Ruby; not the jewel in a belly dancer's belly button, but really close! LOL

Past Member

Haha! I love the volcano idea! 

Ruby is a great name too! LOL everyone is so creative! 

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Ritz

I named my stoma Leo...after ileostomy. When I don't drink enough liquids, I call it Peter.

There's a skeeter on my Peter, knock it off...there's a dozen on my cousin...I can hear those suckers buzzing...there's a skeeter on my Peter, knock it off. That's a song I used to sing when guys went against a tree to pee in the woods!

Lily17

Hilarious, Ritz! Thanks for the laughs - and the visuals!

Tell Leo "Hi!" from Ruby! LOL

Lily17

true_jes

I named mine Mr. Drippy but when he cleared my blockage, I knighted him. He is now Sir Drippy and will not let me forget it.

I need help. LOL

Jes

Past Member

Knighted him... LOL that's awesome!

OU812

I call mine Stella, too! Funny

Past Member

Hahaha, that song gives me a chuckle every time I see it.

L80N

Mine is Fudge and will be 9 years old tomorrow.

Past Member

Happy stomaversary!

Lily17

Yes, happy Stomaversary! :)

Lily17

katmartin222

I have a double barrel colostomy, so she has 2 names lol......the urinary side is called "Lil Bit*h", and the other side is "GG" (short for "Gassy Gertrude") :p

Part_Nerd

Chucky.... Because it's a little shit that does what it wants...

Past Member

Haha, that's perfect.  

Past Member

Haha! That's awesome.  One of the kids I know calls her Gramma GG--hilariously she is a bit of a (self-proclaimed) bitch also.

joegreen

Over the years my stoma has blown its top at times ... sometimes when I'm changing wafers .... other times when I'm in a quiet meeting, etc. For those reasons, I came up with my name for him .... "Lil Fecker".