7 Months Since Reversal

Replies
Views
Inspired47

Hi everyone.

Just thought I'd chime in to let you know my progress. I had a colostomy takedown on March 10th of 2020. I had the Hartmann procedure in October of 2019 due to diverticulitis. Long story there. But anyway,

things are going extremely well. (knock on wood). I feel great, I've been working out again and getting back to my old hobbies. I went from 185 pounds before the first procedure to an emaciated 145 pounds after I

had my Hartmann procedure, and now back up to 190 pounds and feeling strong. The doctors I had were amazing and did a tremendous job fixing me up and saving my life. I'll never forget the ordeal I went

through and how it changed my entire outlook on life. If anyone has questions regarding my experience, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Charlie

Broken bones heal, pain is temporary and chicks dig scars!Evel Knievel

/></p>
						</div>
					</div>
                    <div class=

Past Member

Really glad to hear the continuation of your story. You look great, and I hope things just keep getting better. Thanks for letting us know.

Laurie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Inspired47

Thank you very much Laurie

lovely

So glad to hear you are doing good. Please don't rush youself too much. Sometime we feel better after surgery but everything inbside may not be healed. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing good luck and stay safe

Angelicamarie

Hi inspired47,your looking good . What's important though is your healing and feeling good. I'm glad that everthing went well.

Take care,

Angelicamarie

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

Hi. Inspired,

Time flies glad to hear about your success. You are truly one of the "lucky" ones. But of course we are all lucky so to speak because we are alive. I'm glad we can all come away with the positive side of this.

Like others have said go easy and listen to your body. ...mtnman.

Bill

Hello Charlie.

Thank you so much for posting and letting us know how well you are doing. So many people only use this site when things are going wrong for them and don't feedback when things are better. Your post is much appreciated fot its positivity and hope for a better future.

Best wishes

Bill

TerryLT

Hi Charlie,Wonderful news and thanks for sharing it with us. I'd say those ladies had better watch out!

All the best,

Terry

Inspired47

Thank you Lovely. nbsp; I'm taking my time and not killing myself at the gym and I am listening to my body. nbsp; I'm very fortunate to have been able to bounce back from my ordeal and continue with most of nbsp

my activities. nbsp; Wish you all the best.

Inspired47

Thank you for the kind words Terry. Wishing you the best as well.

Charlie

Inspired47

Thank you Bill,

nbsp;       I am so thankful to God, the surgeons and the people in my life that have been with me through nbsp; this ordeal. nbsp; I feel I'm a very lucky man and I'll nbsp

never forget how far I've come. nbsp; nbsp

Take care

Charlie

Puppyluv56

Hi Inspired,

So glad to hear of your success. Sounds as if your life is getting back to normal, whatever normal is right? Your Doctors may have done a great job but I am pretty sure the success can be attributed to your drive and energy that has got you to your current status! Keep up the good work and thanks for keeping us posted!

Puppyluv

Bagface

Inspired- So glad to hear you're doing well. My ileostomy reversal was 20 months ago. I've adapted to my new normal and all is well. I'll be forever grateful to the surgeon who saved my life, and I refer to him as my guardian angel. You look great!

warrior

you're a beast dude!I recall your first thread on getting the reversal. and here u are a few months later up and at them. i am happy for you. may I inquire where and who did the surgery? Im from Central jersey... and these docs are ok.. but heading to NYC thursday... for a consult.. you might remember my handle from last year.. orearlier this year when i firstjoined.. good people here. u keep in touch. Warrior.