Damn Good Hockey - Eh!

Replies
Views
kmedup

Well, for all you hockey fans out there - eh, there is nothing more inspiring, than watching the (IIHF) World Juniors – young men who are playing their guts out – for the love of and the passion for the game. You see – they are not getting salaries but if they get drafted into the NHL – well, that's were the love of money takes over.

This is all happening 3 blocks north of where I live, in Edmonton, Alberta – in Rogers Place – a brand new arena modelled after an &lsquooil drop' of all things. However, oil is no longer king but, that's another story.

The NHL is doing it right – the players are sequestered in their hotel rooms until practice or games. Food is brought to them and they are chauffeured to and from the arena – two blocks away. Not even their friends or family members are allowed near the place and with such strict adherence – the game goes on. This is a lesson is the making.

I just bought some tickets on the - wait for it - so far, 5,904,780 - 50/50 draw (and ticket buying remains open for another 2 hours) which is an alternative way of getting one's adrenalin up on New Year's Eve. Cheers. Just K.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS3GQverRiQ

width=

HenryM

That's a wild-looking arena.  Being a Florida person, the only hockey game I've ever seen is in the movie "Mystery, Alaska" with Russell Crowe (a good flick).

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
xnine

Tom is the best.

ron in mich

Hi all i,m about at that stage where i,m tired of football and cant wait for hockey to start, especially since we got about 2ft. of snow on the ground, i was hoping to watch the juniors but it hasnt been televised here.