Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Meet and greet

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:50 pm
This is a great community. Consider joining.
a couple of girls and i were suppose to go to vegas but as god thought to see fit one has breast cancer and the other has stomach cancer that is why i have been so depressed latetly so we made a deal after there finish chemo and in reemission were going i dont know what made me share this with you my sons out for the night im all alone so i was feeling out of sorts and lonely ive been sick all week i must of lifted something heavy and rupture the veins or muscle in my right chest thought i was having a heart attack still having little chest pains doctor said it will go away i hope hes right anyway thanks for taking the time to read this you guys are great hugs
These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:34 pm
Hi,
Congrats on a great idea. The concept is great. I personally am not a camper. I think it would be great to be at a resort with so many others that have the same problem. Our winters are terrible. I tried camping once when I was younger. I only lasted one day. I need my comfort. Your idea was not dumb but brilliant
Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:07 am
That idea is a great one for I think that maybe los vegas is a good idea well this is just a sstart
Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:33 am
                                 
59rabbit wrote:
That idea is a great one for I think that maybe los vegas is a good idea well this is just a sstart
I like the idea of going to Las Vegas Sounds like fun
Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:50 pm
                                 
beatrice wrote:
And don't forget you have an osty-friend here too !


I simply have to get to your side of the world my dear!   ...and you betcha I'm gonna look you up! SmileSmile  We'll go out to lunch, maybe see some sights and share some laughs.  We must keep in touch! Smile
Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:00 pm
                                 
WOUNDED DOE wrote:
I'm just sittin' here giggling .... ya'all are so damned cute lol  I love you all, I truly do ... but this little Doe is gonna be somewhere in the woods under the outstretched limbs of the trees making a bed in the leaves and peeing in the ferns ... don't have a tent anymore but I don't care...I'll use a sleeping bag if it's chilly...but there is nothing like staring up at the moon 'n the stars through the branches in the dead of night .....aaahhhhhh yesssssssssssss   SmileSmile  :*  SmileSmile  gonna go howl with the wolves  lmao

~Doe
Camping would be ok but I dont think I could out run the bears anymore LOL
Gus
Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:31 pm
Yanno we have the bestest beaches in the world, the bestest lifestyle in da world the bestest country in da world, and the bestest beer in da world,,, wewhy don't everyone move here? lol

Oh and I live here what more could you want
Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:30 pm
                                 
Mike wrote:
Camping would be ok but I dont think I could out run the bears anymore LOL



Never fear !  Your WD is here!  lmao  I'll protect yah!  Hell, I have a bear or two strolling through my 'yard' every year and have had to run off more than a few in different situations (not that it's a good idea)  but when it comes to bear getting too close to my beloved critters out there, I might stand 5'3" tall but my protective bear-scarin' attitude makes me feel 8 feet tall....it might be dumb, but I don't care.   I don't always make the brightest moves....but, they're  'Doe moves' and so far they've worked!   lol !   What is life without a bit of danger   

I remember as a small child growing up on the farm, my young cousins and I would make a game out of sprinting from one end of the cow pasture to the apple trees in center field after Gramps let our angry Bull out of the barn.  That snortin' charging mountain of an animal hated everything and everybody......so, that was perfect  (AND STUPID, I know)  perfect excitement for a little group of bored dare-devil farm kids....RUUUUUnNNNnnnnnnnnn to the apple trees before we get bunted and gored or stomped!  We always made it, jumped up into the branches and climbed the apple trees like little monkeys and hung there like...well...like our lives depended on it  lol  while "Horny" the Bull rammed his head into the tree making a shower of falling apples.........which brought all the cows over.  That's when we could make our sneaky exit from the trees, once all the Bull's gentle and lovable ladies were there he had no interest in us at all.   Yup....bring it on, I say! Very Happy  

I think it's too late to change me.........in many ways, I will always be running off bear and trying to out-run mad bulls in my life....oh you wouldn't believe some of the crazy things I have done...but I'm still here, and with a twinkle in my eye.    

~Your Crazy Little Doe
Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:34 pm
                                 
Gus wrote:
Yanno we have the bestest beaches in the world, the bestest lifestyle in da world the bestest country in da world, and the bestest beer in da world,,, wewhy don't everyone move here? lol

Oh and I live here what more could you want


Steve you aught to be the official Ambassador for Australia and I could get a job from you as canadian Representative, Ed
Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:22 pm
                                 
Mike wrote:
Camping would be ok but I dont think I could out run the bears anymore LOL

You know Mike you don't have to outrun the bears, just be able to outrun whoever is with you!!!!!
Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:02 am
                                 
gutenberg wrote:

You know Mike you don't have to outrun the bears, just be able to outrun whoever is with you!!!!!



Funny!!  ...unless of course we meet up with some friendly 'ol furry fella like this guy who just wants to picnic with us...as long as he shows good manners, I'll sit at the table with him...lol


Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:22 am
                                 
WOUNDED DOE wrote:
What is life without a bit of danger   


Er...safe?

I don't care where we meet though Vegas sounds good (but then you could say anywhere and that would sound good to me). camping or hotel I'm not fussed as long as if camping it is warm.
Past Member
Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:23 am
Great Camping Adventures! Been camping around Australia, USA and Canada and loved it all. Recently I bought a new pink sleeping bag with a furry trim and a new tent. I tried them out last holidays-very enjoyable sitting around the camp fire on cool nights and sitting in the stream on hot days.

I'm thinking if we can't actually camp together for one reason or the ten that I have read here, then maybe we could cyber-camp. I'll start...

There I am with my pink furry sleeping bag in my new blue tent set up on the edge of Morse's Creek. I've blown up my lilo with a foot pump. Now what's for dinner...
Past Member
Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:30 am
                                 
JLV wrote:

I'm thinking if we can't actually camp together for one reason or the ten that I have read here, then maybe we could cyber-camp. I'll start...

There I am with my pink furry sleeping bag in my new blue tent set up on the edge of Morse's Creek. I've blown up my lilo with a foot pump. Now what's for dinner...


Mmmm...some spuds in foil and some damper IN the fire and a spot of billy tea on the boil and I may have to join ya JLV!

Cheers!
Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:34 am
what is billy tea?
Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:51 am
thank you j maree a term i can use here in moncton n.b.lol you must be an historian am i right or a history major maybe a teacher?
Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:12 am
                                 
JLV wrote:
Great Camping Adventures! Been camping around Australia, USA and Canada and loved it all. Recently I bought a new pink sleeping bag with a furry trim and a new tent. I tried them out last holidays-very enjoyable sitting around the camp fire on cool nights and sitting in the stream on hot days.

I'm thinking if we can't actually camp together for one reason or the ten that I have read here, then maybe we could cyber-camp. I'll start...

There I am with my pink furry sleeping bag in my new blue tent set up on the edge of Morse's Creek. I've blown up my lilo with a foot pump. Now what's for dinner...




Knowing me, I find a campsite where water is nearby....I'll go catch us some fresh fish! SmileSmile
Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:18 am
DOE: That is some picture of the bear, almost looks like he's waiting for a Burger king delivery guy to show up. Nice, Ed
Gus
Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:29 pm
                                 
miyzy wrote:
thank you j maree a term i can use here in moncton n.b.lol you must be an historian am i right or a history major maybe a teacher?


Or she's good at google lol
Past Member
Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:42 pm
                                 
Gus wrote:


Or she's good at google lol


LOL, Wikipedia actually!!!
Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:25 pm
lmao y'all are silly.
I love y'all....
Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:53 pm
                                 
gutenberg wrote:
DOE: That is some picture of the bear, almost looks like he's waiting for a Burger king delivery guy to show up. Nice, Ed
Burger king Delivers?
Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:22 pm
                                 
Mike wrote:
Burger king Delivers?


Only if they're out camping, and the slowest runner looses!!! Ed
Past Member
Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:27 pm
I don't think its 'Who ever is the slowest'. I reckon its 'Who's got the smelliest bag'
Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:53 pm
I dunno bout that, there's some shit even bears wont eat.
Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:52 am
                                 
gutenberg wrote:
I dunno bout that, there's some shit even bears wont eat.


Brings me to recall tghe day I had to take my darling Compton to the vets with a blockage of his own -

'whats he been eating?' askes the vet

Ummm, a used ileostomy bag says I with red face! It did manage to come through on its own, you could tell it was that because the velcro strip at the bottom hadn't quite been digested! He has had a few more since, seems he thinks upon it as a treat and will always know somehow if someone has neglected to close the bathroom door properly!
Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:16 pm
AW! Compton! lmao That is one beautiful face Rachel! is he ok now?
Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:06 pm
Oh yes he is just fine! Acts more like a cat really, sleeps a lot, eats and wants affection - not bothered about going out for a walk - I sometimes have to drag him! He is deaf and is a bit of a comedian - just has a funny way about him somehow... a big softie! xx
Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:18 pm
OMG Rachey!  Compton is ADORABLE!!!!  He looks so silky ....I want to plant a smooch on that pooch!  LOL
Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:26 pm
                                 
WOUNDED DOE wrote:
OMG Rachey!  Compton is ADORABLE!!!!  He looks so silky ....I want to plant a smooch on that pooch!  LOL



Ha, Doe he would just love that! He is a complete love bunny and laps up the attention! He does look silky there - and quite a lot of the time he is, but if he comes across some fox or badger pooh, he just loves to roll in it and then he just smells disgusting. You wouldn't want to plant a smooch on the pooch then! xx
* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Currently online: 25    
4 members & 21 visitors