Meet and Greet

In this discussion
Replies
Views
WOUNDED DOE
Ha, Doe he would just love that! He is a complete love bunny and laps up the attention! He does look silky there - and quite a lot of the time he is, but if he comes across some fox or badger poop, he just loves to roll in it and then he just smells disgusting. You wouldn't want to plant a smooch on the pooch then! xx        

LOL!!     ...yeah, I have some 'poop-rollers' too ... five of them.    They are Husky/German Shep/and Timber Wolf mix and they love rollin' and even munchin' on that stuff     ...YOWZAH!!     No pooch-smoochin' when they're full of poo    ...hehee...
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,089 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

beatrice

What an adorable guy! Whatever he's eating must be agreeing with him - his coat is beautiful!

Before we had chows, we had Scotties -- those characters will eat anything and everything and roll in it too.

Our little Chow is a miss priss - no dirt rolling, no eating of 'questionable' items.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
lottagelady
Ha Beatrice, lucky you! He has a diet of Weetabix with milk for breakfast and a dry meal type stuff for his dinner, and also lots of grass when he is out and about, I reckon that is what makes him shine!     xx
Bear

I love the idea of us all getting together. I have so much to learn and would love to talk with some of those who seem to be, to be so free-spirited and not worry about leaking, etc. If it is out of the US, let us know early so we can get passports, or for that matter wherever it is. I like the idea of maybe something between a camping trip and a five-star hotel. I know of several places that have cabins and a kitchen and large eating area. We had 240 folks at one of these places at my retirement party. Most of these areas are booked in the summer but are available in the off-season. They are also affordable.

The one I know most about is near Clemson, SC near Greenville/Spartanburg. It has cabins that hold around 8 folks with a couple of bathrooms and has meeting rooms. I think a company would sponsor the event and maybe pay for the food and meeting rooms. There are also several nice hotels nearby. Clemson is a beautiful campus and just a few miles from 3 beautiful lakes and the Blue Ridge Mountains. I know most people think SC is full of hicks and rednecks and we certainly have our share. But we really are smarter than we get credit for and everyone would have a good time.

I am not pushing this location but I know there are several around the world just like it. I like the idea of having primarily ostomates with a few professionals and a lot of salespeople showing their stuff, answering questions, and giving out samples. Maybe the major sales groups like Edgepark, Convatech, Hollister, and Parthenon could get together and make this happen. I also like the idea of having breakout and informal sessions where ostomates break out into groups and have frank discussions. For those who can still drink, maybe a few drinks would loosen the tongue as well as other items. Is any of this feasible?

I can take care of the bear. I used to be a bear biologist. Tried to insert a picture I took but could not make it happen.

swiffer

Thanks

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

Bear, put me down to go also. I hope you give us notice first as I have to make sure it is a time I can leave. Sounds like a lot of fun and I hate missing out on a good time in my life, 'cause to me all we are and can be are the memories in our lives. It would be cool wherever it is, but it won't matter to me if it is in England, Australia, Canada, or elsewhere. But I also have to send in for a birth certificate so I can get a passport. Whoever came up with this idea, thank you, as it has been awesome talking to you all on chat, but meeting you sounds like a really fun thing to do. Thank you, Bear, for letting everyone know. I couldn't find who wrote the original. God bless, Jenny.

RKCOT
hey there Im Ronnie from Gastonia,NC its close to Charlotte. Im 59 Ive had crohns since I was 16 and Ive had an ileostomy since I was 18.
Past Member
Vulcan,

to quote an earlier quote of yours, "what's the point?"

If you weren't interested, why not just be "not interested"

and keep your remarks to yourself? I can see that some

were interested and some just kidded around with the idea.

You are a chronic "rain on someones parader".

Not very nice of you...........