Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships 23,6K + members

No reply

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate.org
Tue May 04, 2021 4:01 pm

I'm beginning to think it's because I have an ostomy!

I send private messages to people on this site and never get a reply or even that they have read it. I am a paid in full member  , and it's like nobody can see my messages, anyone else have this problem???

cplumber

Tue May 04, 2021 4:38 pm

Same with me. I do not send as many any more. I get very few responses, I see more unread. Lovely posted something similar a while back.

Last edited by xnine on Wed May 05, 2021 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Tue May 04, 2021 5:05 pm

Guys..........most of the folks that are "members" of the site are either long gone or don't check in here very often.  When you pull up a profile it tells when they  last posted on here.......if it doesn't even say that........they're ancient history........as are their pics.  So you're looking at a distant memory.  Now if their profiles says they've posted in that last couple days and they don't reply.........they just think you're ugly.  NO.....just kidding.  I mean...you may be ugly......but it's more of how folks communicate (or actually don't) these days.  What you remember as the propper reply to give someone when you've been contacted.........either a "thanks for the note, but I'm not interested" or just a "no thanks" has been replaced by a no reply.  It's just the way of the world.  There are no rules anymore when it comes to communication, and manners and rudeness are relics from decades ago.  So if someone doesn't reply to you.......don't take it personally.....it's the new norm for how we communicate.  It's like if you were at a bar and a gal came up to you and started talking to you.......and you didn't like her.........now you can simply turn your back on her and pretend she doesn't exist.  Yeah, it's ok.  That's how we treat each other now-a-days.  So reach out.....and if you get no reply.......pretend it never happened.....and try someone else.  As the kids say.......'no harm, no foul'. 

regards,

bob 

JMC
Tue May 04, 2021 6:15 pm

If a profile mentions "last online over a month" that could mean anything from one month to 10 years since they were last on site unfortunately so most likely they no longer sign in.

I think most people who reach out to others on here have experienced the no reply or "unread" emails. 

Think it's worse when you see that they have been read but you still hear nothing back, even a "no thanks, bugger off" would be preferable to being ignored methinks!

Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 pm

At one time I was trying to reach out to new people to join in on notifications and welcome them to the site, I got some replys amd some not read. I did not see a lot of them joining in notificatios so I just stopped. Best wishes and stay safe

Tue May 04, 2021 7:08 pm
JMC wrote:

If a profile mentions "last online over a month" that could mean anything from one month to 10 years since they were last on site unfortunately so most likely they no longer sign in.

I think most people who reach out to others on here have experienced the no reply or "unread" emails. 

Think it's worse when you see that they have been read but you still hear nothing back, even a "no thanks, bugger off" would be preferable to being ignored methinks!

Agreed!  But that's just not how it is in this day in age.  Imagine what it will be like in 100 years...........

bob

Tue May 04, 2021 8:21 pm

i cant say i seen itt want to retry

Tue May 04, 2021 9:31 pm

I have sent many messages but it is usually to help someone and they usually answer. Sometimes they don't for a while.  Also talk to friends and they always answer. Since I am not seeking a relationship on here, just conversation, they answer. I am sorry but , as Bob says, it is the way of the world today. That is unfortunate! 
Sorry that people have to make it so hard! 

SOOOO... Listen up people! Answer your damn messages!

Pup

Wed May 05, 2021 1:55 am

Hello cplumber.

Thank you for this post and it is gratifying to see that you have received so many interesting replies. 

I cannot speak for others on this subject but, whilst I always try to reply to private messages, I also often indicate that (unless the message is very personal) my preference is to communicate via the forum/blog so that the whole of the MAO community can join in (even if it is only to passively read it).  My reasoning for this is: that if the majority of people choose to use the private messaging service , then there will be even less correspondence going on in the forums.

Jst a thought!

Best wishes

Bill

Wed May 05, 2021 7:29 am

I never received one lol 😂. Good afternoon everyone 🤠 XX

Wed May 05, 2021 9:19 am

That's normal tbh most only come on here once to join and never come back. I paid for lifetime membership around 10 or more years ago that must be about the last time I sent a message too lol

Wed May 05, 2021 11:13 am
panther wrote:

That's normal tbh most only come on here once to join and never come back. I paid for lifetime membership around 10 or more years ago that must be about the last time I sent a message too lol

nut shere want to reply to

Wed May 05, 2021 1:13 pm
panther wrote:

I will do a deal with ya, we can make it our mission to come on here at least at weekends. That way we will get our money's worth lol 😂 XX

Wed May 05, 2021 1:20 pm
Caz67 wrote:

I will do a deal with ya, we can make it our mission to come on here at least at weekends. That way we will get our money's worth lol 😂 XX

Ok you have a deal lol xxx

Wed May 05, 2021 1:31 pm
panther wrote:

Ok you have a deal lol xxx

To be honest though you already got a deal with me messaging ya lol,worth every penny lmfao 😂🤗👌

Wed May 05, 2021 1:42 pm
Caz67 wrote:

To be honest though you already got a deal with me messaging ya lol,worth every penny lmfao 😂🤗👌

True lol 

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.