Worst Mother's Day Ever

In this discussion
Replies
Views
w30bob

The old 'Circle of Life' seems more like a dead end sometimes. My Mom died late yesterday afternoon from an inoperable aortic aneurysm, rather unexpectedly. Her lung cancer was in check with the Keytruda, and she successfully shrugged off COVID in just a couple days, and was sent home from the hospital on Thursday with a 'thumbs up'. She woke up yesterday morning, complained of not feeling 'right', and hit the floor. She had requested not to be put on life support, which tore up my Dad pretty good, but after some discussion with her Docs, her sisters convinced them to try a respirator. She died within minutes of that attempt. Guess she showed them!

Not trying to bring anyone down on Mother's day, but rather remind those with Moms still living to make it a special day......you never know how many more such days you'll get. We all tend to take things like our Mother's love for granted.......it's easy to do. So take the time to thank your Mom today (and every day) for all she's done while you can..........cuz you may not get the chance to do it, or say goodbye, when the time comes.

regards,

bob

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,108 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

So sorry to hear of your loss Bob.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Uro2011

My condolences Bob, my mom died just over a week ago and it's been rough. My dad is lost and completely spaced out after losing his wife of 58 years. Hang in there and be there for your dad. May our mother's Rest In Peace. Take care Bob.

Rod

Little Lulu

Bob, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. Everyone on this siite has felt your concern during her recent health battle. I imagine her illness gave you incentive to show your love to her, maybe more than you would have otherwise. I hope you and your family can get through this difficult time by remembering all the good times. You have so many friends on this site who look forward to your posts for information and humor. We will all be thinking of you and your family. Lucy

Bill

Hello Bob.

Sorry to hear of you loss, but I agree wholeheartedly that we should not take any of our family for granted. Perhaps every day should be the equivalent of 'mother's day'.

Best wishes

Bill

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Jimky 1

Hi Bob I am sorry for you loss

xnine

Sorry for you loss. Take care.

darrenc26

Sorry for your loss bob. Sending love your way. Darren x

lovely

Bob I am so sorry about the loss of your Mom.I told my son not to do anything special for me bscause he checks on me everyday. And he shows me love everyday in all he does for me. I am sure your Mom knew you loved her. Be strong for your Dad he will need your surport.

lovely

Rod I am sorry for your loss it is one of the hardest things to face. They say time heals things but I disagree time eventually makes it easier to live with. It does take awhile for some of the pain to pass.

Morning glory

Bob, my condolences for the loss of your Mother. You and family are in my thoughts.

Morning glory

Rod I am very sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and family. nbsp

Puppyluv56

Bob,

I am so sorry to hear of your Mother's passing. She has fought so hard in the past year and was successful in beating the odds! My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.
Puppyluv

Past Member

I agree with all the sentiments pouring out. My brother's 42nd wedding anniversary was May 5th, that night his wife died. Their four kids and grandchildren are with him and today is mother's day and soon will come the internment. Not easy on the family.

We are with you in spirit ....mountain.

Uro2011

Thank you nbsp

bowsprit

Sincere condolences, Bob. Mother's are very special people.

mild_mannered_super_hero

Sorry for you loss bob, thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

HenryM

Sorry to hear this, Bob.  Hang in there, man. 

Axl

Sad news Bob and Rod, Sorry for your loss.

looking forward

i am so very very sorry

Past Member

so sorry to hear this news. my deepest condolences to you and your family.

bays6513

Bob,

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your beloved MOM . Prayers and hugs .

So very true to let our Mother's know our love for them. And for all.our dear loves one to.

Take care

bays6513

Rod,

My condolences for.the lass of your Mom. nbsp

And your Dad for his loss I can imagine his sorrow prayers for you and yours. Take care nbsp

Penguins7

Hi Bob,So sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom. Your points are well taken and heartfelt. Stay well my freind. Penguins7

Earth Angel

Bob,

I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. I hope the memories of your time with her will bring you healing and comfort in the days ahead.
Take care

Uro2011

Thanks Bays. nbsp

freedancer

I am so sorry about your mom Mine has been gone since 1998. I would give anything to just spend an hour with her. You really have been hit hard lately. I do hope you get to having a little more happiness in this crazy ride we call "life."Please take care.

MBT

Bob, I am sad to hear about your mom's death. Sending healing thoughts to you and your family.

Puppyluv56

Just thinking about you Bob. I know it has been a tough couple of days with more to follow.
My thoughts are with you and your family!

Pup

charleston_sunny

Bob,

I just read this. I'm so sorry to hear of your Mom's unexpected passing. Life is precious and you are right we need to make sure our loved ones know how important they are to us. Sending prayers to you and your family.

Best,

Shannon