Just an Update

In this discussion
Replies
Views
freedancer

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share what has been going on lately. I was to have my right shoulder rotator cuff repaired but the surgery was postponed to a heart issue. My EKG that the VA took for preop came back wonky. I had to go to Cartiac and have a stress test as well as wear a monitor for 14 days. Turns out I was having SVC's, PAC's and PVC's. They were very concerned about the tachycardia spells and I have to take medication now. I have to wait now for awhile to let things settle down before any more surgery. On a good note, I purchased a home!I put down a substantial amount and closed on the 20th of April. I am in the process of moving in now. What a process! I am going from a two bedroom, 1000 sq ft apartment to a three bedroom, 1200 sq ft single house but it seems smaller for some reason LOL!!I just got through repainting three rooms and also the storage shed. I have one more room to go but I have also gotten my carpet layed so I can move in and get settled before I paint the Art Room. I am presently panicking about the grass. The back yard looks like a jungle at this point!I bought a lawn mower a few days ago and have to put it together. I have alot of solar equipment so both my edger and lawn mower are battery. I can recharge them with my generators. I really love my new home!I used to have my company share the art room when they visited. Now I have a guest room. So, by the 14th, I will be moving out of this apartment and starting my new adventure. I will tell you all more when I get settled in. Take care everyone!Freedancer

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mild_mannered_super_hero

Congratulations!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Morning glory

Congratulations on your new home. I am sorry to hear that you're dealing with heart issues but at least they were found before major problems arose. Take care.

Puppyluv56

Congratulations on your new home! Nothing like owning your own home! Just the perfect medicine for your heart! ;Sound like you are busy but what satisfying work! Hope you have some help with all of this.
i know you need your shoulder operated on so don't overdo it with the moving!

Puppyluv

lovely

Sorry for your health problems but glad they found it in time.Congratulations! on your new home just take it slow and don't overdo it. Maybe you can hire someome to help you. Just make sure you know them. Best wishes and stay safe

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Bill

They say that moving house is one of the most stressful things we do in life - so take care of yourself and enjoy the experience. 

Best wishes

Bill

Deziner

I'm so happy for you! And, very proud of you.
Think you're a veteran. Thanks so much for your
dedication to our nation and your service. We need more people like you!

Take care of yourself, Dancer.
Sharon

ron in mich

Hi Fredancer congratulations on your new home, as for the grass i always let mine grow long before cutting it the first time of the season, but i dont cut it all at once as i got asthma and its too big of a yard.