Ostomy Memories on Celebrity

In this discussion
Replies
Views
HenryM

WE LIVE IN AN AGE of celebrity. “A celebrity,” said Fred Allen, “is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized.” At my age, thankfully, half the country’s so-called celebrities are people I’ve never heard of before. Such’n’such celebrity couple expecting baby, reads the item headline. Who are these people, think I, and who gives a crap? One can become a celebrity in almost any profession these days. Example: Joe the Plumber, who had his fifteen minutes of fame in 2008 when he questioned Obama’s tax policy and piqued the media’s curiosity. (Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher, we hardly knew ya,,,) Then there are the Kardashians, famous for being famous, and damned if I can figure out why! The problem of having all these celebrities running around, of course, is that when everybody’s somebody, then no one’s anybody. And if anyone can figure out why celebrity watchers seem to be so interested in Ben Affleck’s love life, please keep it to yourself.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,089 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

lovely

"WHO CARES" I have said that so many times when I see somethig that says read about so and so's things. LOL

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Bill

Hello HenryM.

This subject certainly rings true for me. When watching or listening to the so-called 'news' athe notion spring to mind  "This simply cannot be the only worthwhile news in the world!".  On the other hand, I sometimes wonder if this perspective comes with advancing age and reordering of priorities, but then it occures to me that I have always thought in these terms so, maybe it's just me. (& you of course!)

Best wishes

Bill