Rectal Mucus and Urges: Is This Normal?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Past Member

Colostomy 1/22. Have in the past week started passing some green loose mucus. Pressure on rectum. Seems like I pass gas from rectum here and there, but not sure. I feel like my plumbing is all messed up, which it is. The consistency of the mucus, and that it's green is kinda scary to me. It looks like green snot.

A Dr. Seuss book "Is Your Butt Snot Green?"

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,102 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Scott Chance

Has anyone found that the rectal discharge has gotten worse since having Covid? First tested positive 17 days ago, thankfully over the worst of the symptoms but now I'm having to sit on the toilet to discharge mucus much more often, I have a pressure on my rectum that wasn't there before and the output has become more watery and yellow in colour (was previously thick and white).

Gastrointestinal issues such as diarrhea and abdominal pain are common in people recovering from Covid and though I no longer have a colon I wondered if this was my body's way of dealing with that particular symptom? My other theory is that it's an extreme autoimmune response to having Covid, as such a response led to me getting the Severe Ulcerative Colitis that necessitated my ileostomy.

Has anyone noticed similar symptoms?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Homie With A Stomie NS

Yeppers, it's normal....can happen everyday or once in awhile. Rectum still working, it's the lube that used to help you pass bowels. No worries, mate.

YashuaAlvarez
Reply to Bill

This is incredible lol 👏🏽👏🏽