Share your top 5 male solo singers!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
iMacG5

Hi Caz. I have difficulty evaluating male singers because there’s the voice, the style, the overall musicality and so on. I don’t think Ray Charles has a great voice but his musical creations with his choir and orchestras are, IMHO, masterful. As a teenager in the sixties I was an Elvis freak but didn’t realize how good a singer he actually was until I was way older. Freddie Mercury was in a class with very few others and, though I very much like Andrea Bocelli, Pavarotti was the best. If we just evaluate based on the quality of one’s voice, Englebert, Tony Bennett and Jerry Vale have to be considered. If we include one’s presentation of songs then Ol’ Blue Eyes gets big ratings.
I think what’s important is we have the ability to listen to all of them and enjoy the pleasure music can bring us.

Respectfully,

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,092 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Killarney
Reply to Anonymous

Male singers Paul Carrick, Bon Scott, Michael Bublé, Marvin Gaye, Van Morrison... Females Aretha Franklin, Barbara, Carol King, Diana Ross, Siouxe Sue

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate