Stoma Naming: Share Your Stories and Reasons!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
Share your experiences and reasons for naming your stoma, and find inspiration from others in this supportive discussion.
tiff041

I used to think I was in the minority but...looking online I see I am not. So...has anyone named their stoma? If so...what did you name it and the reason why. Mine is Stella

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Stoma_N_FL

I have a urostomy, so I named mine Mr. Peabody.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
AlexT

Why Stella?

tiff041
Reply to Stoma_N_FL

Haha, that is great!

tiff041
Reply to AlexT

Because when she acts up, I am like, "STELLAAAAAAAAA." You know from that old movie or commercial... cannot remember which.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
AlexT
Reply to tiff041

Streetcar Named Desire?

Past Member
Reply to tiff041

Awww....you stole my thunder, that was going to be my line!!

Mr. Magoo....screaming..Stellllaaaaa....while he's looking at a horse's butt, lovely blond hair (tail) swaying side to side....where did I put my goggles!!

Fritzj

I got my inspiration from Camelot and I named my stoma "Sir Poops a Lot"

samantha1995.pa

I named mine Willy because the inner child wanted to make light out of a crappy situation lol.

Past Member

I named mine Sally. Not really sure why. It's an old name I like. :)

tiff041
Reply to Anonymous

Yes! Exactly it! Hahaha

tiff041
Reply to Fritzj

Very good one!

tiff041
Reply to samantha1995.pa

That's cute. What about Lily the illey

tiff041
Reply to Anonymous

Sally is a good one.

Earth Angel

Hi guys,

My stoma's name is Ruby - due to the color.

Past Member
Reply to Earth Angel

That's a good one!

I gave the name 'Ruby' to my now 10-year-old cat.... :o))

tiff041
Reply to Anonymous

I heard from some... "Trump" because it's full of, Barack Obama, and Winnie... as in "Winnie the Pooh"

Casper9

I named mine Stuie after Stuart Little because he is little but is strong-willed and has a mind of his own.

Fred383

My stoma's name is Igor, as my ever-present deformed assistant. For those who know me well, when I say Igor calls, they know that I need to find a restroom soon to empty my bag. A polite way for those of you who have a spouse or friends in the know to support you.

Fritzj
Reply to Casper9

A friend of mine named her stoma STUIE because what comes out of it is stool.

Past Member

Mine is called Stig. Not named after Top Gear driver, but a certain book. Go ahead and Google it.

Ebony&Ivory

Named mine Pumpkin!

It's the color of the inside of a pumpkin.

Past Member

I told a sales rep. It looked like the monster from the Tremors movie. Giant wormy bugger. Hehe

Past Member
Reply to AlexT

More like a Streetcar Named Disaster LOL...

Winnie The Pooh

Mine's called Winnie (as in Winnie the Pooh)

I thought I was being very clever - but I've since found a few other Winnies around!

tiff041
Reply to Winnie The Pooh

You know, I am sad I never thought of that first. Winnie is a great one.

kray

Mine is Rosie or Rosebud because that is what she looks like.

Winnie The Pooh
Reply to tiff041

I found some "Fat Quarters" (squares of cotton fabric) in Aldi last year that were Winnie the Pooh related. "Life is nothing without Pooh" (or something like that) was on one which I got made up into a stoma cover by a tailor friend. We used a pattern off the internet but the results were poor - it seemed to fit OK and looked cute but wouldn't stay on. I suspect it would need to have elasticated tape on it or something. I see lots of interesting covers on Etsy but they are pricey and the postage costs as much! I'll try again sometime, with more fabric from this bundle, or one with a Grim Reaper and get somebody to embroider "Not Today...." on it!

tiff041
Reply to Winnie The Pooh

That is great

cmort4short

My stoma is called St.Ouma - the patron saint of bladderless bodies.

In South Africa, Ouma is the Afrikaans word for granny and also a brand of rusks which I enjoy.

Funny how I used to hate this thing protruding and dribbling from my stomach until the nurse said I must name it and take ownership of it.... Now we have a great relationship along with all the other items which come with a stoma...