Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Hallmark Christmas Movies

Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:45 am
This is a great community. Consider joining.

I wish there were Christmas movies about being single and happy at Christmas.

These movies are more depressing then uplifting. LOL 😳😜

What do y'all think? 🎄🎄🎄

 

 

 

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:45 am

Hello sunflower111.

I am certainly empathic with your feelings about the Christmas movies. However my own distaste for Christmas goes far deeper than mere fantasy films.  Needless to say, the emotions raised at this time of the year, raise in me a desire to vent my disapproval in rhyming verse. Many of these verses were published in a book entitled  B. Withers In Winter 2018. However, as there have repeatedly been Christmases after that date, I seem to be continuously adding to that collection. 

I will share 'Christmas 7' with you, as it is much more upbeat than most of the other rhymes, and I see no reason to add to the distastefulness of the whole affair.

Best wishes

Bill 

 

CHRISTMAS (7).

I’ll try to keep this verse upbeat
just as a one-off Christmas treat.
I’ll try to focus on those things
supposedly that Christmas brings.

Jesus Christ was born that day
so many years and far away
and people tell of three wise men
who visited the newborn then.

They had followed a bright star
that led them to their would-be tsar.
For this tale had been foretold
in the prophesies of old.

The family in the stables stayed
and child within the manger laid.
With fervent faith and great belief
they finally found their baby chief.

Accommodation was makeshift
yet each brought forth a special gift
of gold and frankincense and myrrh
for this baby force majeure.

The birth of Christianity
begins with the nativity.
It’s this Christian’s commemorate
and this is what they celebrate.

Christmas leads Christians toward
the blesséd coming of their lord.
Hymns flow forth with mighty voice
and so, in Christmas they rejoice.

I like the music and each song
I like the way folks sing along.
I like the way that people give
I wish it was the way they live.

This part of it I can admire
with their enthusiastic fire.
But I wish this Christmas cheer
could last the rest of this next year.

                                   B. Withers 2012

(In: ‘A Rhyming Cookbook’ 2013 p15

      & B. Withers in Winter 2018 p17)

Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:02 pm

sunflower111, it would be nice to see one about singles. It is also great to see other people find  happiness and love.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:10 pm


lovely wrote:

sunflower111, it would be nice to see one about singles. It is also great to see other people find  happiness and love.

It is nice to see people happy for sure! I'm just saying the Hallmark xmas movies are all the same. LOL And when did xmas become a holiday about romance anyways? 🤔

I grew up with it being about family & friends being together. 🎄🎄🎄

Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:56 pm


SallyNBC wrote:

It is nice to see people happy for sure! I'm just saying the Hallmark xmas movies are all the same. LOL And when did xmas become a holiday about romance anyways? 🤔

I grew up with it being about family & friends being together. 🎄🎄🎄

Yes you can pretty much know how the Hallmark movies will end. The holiday is very much about families and love. The holiday has gotten so commercial a lot of people have forgotten the reason for the holiday, it is about the birth of Jesus. We can still be happy being single and they should make some  movies about that. Maybe a single person helping others have a good Christmas.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:26 pm

Hi Sunflower111,

As much as I've always enjoyed watching the ever so predictable Hallmark Christmas movies, I couldn't agree with you more on some make you feel good movies focusing on the main characters being single. I've been single pretty much since high school, so this kind of hits home with me, so I've had similar thoughts about their Christmas movies. I totally get that a huge part of their audience wants to see the happy fairytale romanctic endings, but I have to believe that a lot of people would enjoy watching a moving where the lead was single throughout the movie.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:37 pm


lovely wrote:

Yes you can pretty much know how the Hallmark movies will end. The holiday is very much about families and love. The holiday has gotten so commercial a lot of people have forgotten the reason for the holiday, it is about the birth of Jesus. We can still be happy being single and they should make some  movies about that. Maybe a single person helping others have a good Christmas.

Sounds like a good idea for a movie. 🥰

Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:39 pm


Dance87 wrote:

Hi Sunflower111,

As much as I've always enjoyed watching the ever so predictable Hallmark Christmas movies, I couldn't agree with you more on some make you feel good movies focusing on the main characters being single. I've been single pretty much since high school, so this kind of hits home with me, so I've had similar thoughts about their Christmas movies. I totally get that a huge part of their audience wants to see the happy fairytale romanctic endings, but I have to believe that a lot of people would enjoy watching a moving where the lead was single throughout the movie.

I agree they need to branch out and shuffle up the endings some. Lol

Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:14 pm


lovely wrote:

Yes you can pretty much know how the Hallmark movies will end. The holiday is very much about families and love. The holiday has gotten so commercial a lot of people have forgotten the reason for the holiday, it is about the birth of Jesus. We can still be happy being single and they should make some  movies about that. Maybe a single person helping others have a good Christmas.

Hello Lovely.

I was always under the impression that Jesus was single and tried to help people all year round. Perhaps they could make a film about him for Christmas!

Best wishes

Bill

Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:20 pm

Hi sunflower

They should come up with better movie's. I love the old Christmas film's but when it's repeated year after year it gets to be a little tiresome. I think I know the wizard of Oz off by heart. And the kids always wanted to watch home alone yawn lol xx

Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:32 pm


Caz67 wrote:

Hi sunflower

They should come up with better movie's. I love the old Christmas film's but when it's repeated year after year it gets to be a little tiresome. I think I know the wizard of Oz off by heart. And the kids always wanted to watch home alone yawn lol xx

I agree lol

Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:35 pm

How about an ostomate as the lead in the Hallmark Christmas movie?

Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:31 pm


Earth Angel wrote:

How about an ostomate as the lead in the Hallmark Christmas movie?

Sounds good to me. :)

Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:42 pm


Bill wrote:

Hello Lovely.

I was always under the impression that Jesus was single and tried to help people all year round. Perhaps they could make a film about him for Christmas!

Best wishes

Bill

Bill you are right He was single there are a lot of movies about His life and how He helped people. They seem to be on TV more around Christmas and Easter.

Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:22 pm

Ya know..I am more of a Lifetime /LMN girl. I love suspense true story stuff. I never watch Hallmark movies because a lot of them are way too sappy and unrealistic. The only time I watch Hallmark is it 11 at night when my Walton show is on. It is a nightly ritual my Mom and I have watching The Waltons. They play for four hours and then again during the day and randomly in the weekends. LOVE me some Waltons and Little house on the Prairie. Even though I am a 90's gal...I ❤️those shows so much. Back when TV was wholesome. Sorry off topic 😛

All I know is right after Halloween..not even Thanksgiving..but Halloween...Hallmark and Lifetime start playing those movies until Jan 1st. I find them nauseating 🤢🤮..During that time..Lifetime is a no go for me. Luckily LMN still plays regular movies. But..I can't stand regular romance movies as it is. But those two channels make their lovwy dovey stuff SO overdramatic and way not real life. Like...is there ever a regular looking person in those movies? No. They all look like supermodels. Now..I can appreciate beauty. I ❤️me a good looking man 🤤🤗..but c'mon. Everyone does not look like that. But I guess if they were a balding middle aged fat woman /man nobody would watch. I get it. But still. And the dialogue! Omg..the dialogue 🙄.  Gimme a huge giant break. People don't talk like that! I used to say that about Dawson's Creek. Everyone talked in some convoluted way..it was hilarious 😂. Point is..they suck 👎

Someone needs to make a realistic romantic comedy with two people who have ostomies. Anybody got any names for titles? 🤔My cousin's husband makes movies. Maybe we can do a go fund me page and all make one. Anybody actors? 😀. Just something to throw out there 🙃

Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:48 pm

You say a realistic  movie, I don't think I would want to see a lot of what we go through with ostomies all the blowouts and empting and changing bags. LOL

Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:36 pm


lovely wrote:

You say a realistic  movie, I don't think I would want to see a lot of what we go through with ostomies all the blowouts and empting and changing bags. LOL

Lovely..you have a point. However I want to see a movie with a romantic lead that is just regular looking. I know everyone has their own flavor of kool aid...but just once...like..put someone who looks "average". That is fair.

Oh c'mon..a movie with ostomates would do Hollywood some food. You don't have too show the 💩 but like have two people "making bacon" and have their bags bang against each other...or like one person has one & the other doesn't..and they dont care. In fact they think it is a sexy beautiful thing 😍. Or like instead of putting the hand on someone's heart..you like touch their bags and be like "You had me when you showed me that bag". Sorry..not the greatest romance writer 😄. But you get the idea. We dont have to see the 💩 to FEEL the 💩ya know. And this would be soft core. No X rated stuff. We already discussed that 😜☺️

Hey Bill...I am talking to you. You need to write the script. You being such a wonderful writer 😘. You on board?

Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:38 pm


Bill wrote:

Hello sunflower111.

I am certainly empathic with your feelings about the Christmas movies. However my own distaste for Christmas goes far deeper than mere fantasy films.  Needless to say, the emotions raised at this time of the year, raise in me a desire to vent my disapproval in rhyming verse. Many of these verses were published in a book entitled  B. Withers In Winter 2018. However, as there have repeatedly been Christmases after that date, I seem to be continuously adding to that collection. 

I will share 'Christmas 7' with you, as it is much more upbeat than most of the other rhymes, and I see no reason to add to the distastefulness of the whole affair.

Best wishes

Bill 

 

CHRISTMAS (7).

I’ll try to keep this verse upbeat
just as a one-off Christmas treat.
I’ll try to focus on those things
supposedly that Christmas brings.

Jesus Christ was born that day
so many years and far away
and people tell of three wise men
who visited the newborn then.

They had followed a bright star
that led them to their would-be tsar.
For this tale had been foretold
in the prophesies of old.

The family in the stables stayed
and child within the manger laid.
With fervent faith and great belief
they finally found their baby chief.

Accommodation was makeshift
yet each brought forth a special gift
of gold and frankincense and myrrh
for this baby force majeure.

The birth of Christianity
begins with the nativity.
It’s this Christian’s commemorate
and this is what they celebrate.

Christmas leads Christians toward
the blesséd coming of their lord.
Hymns flow forth with mighty voice
and so, in Christmas they rejoice.

I like the music and each song
I like the way folks sing along.
I like the way that people give
I wish it was the way they live.

This part of it I can admire
with their enthusiastic fire.
But I wish this Christmas cheer
could last the rest of this next year.

                                   B. Withers 2012

(In: ‘A Rhyming Cookbook’ 2013 p15

      & B. Withers in Winter 2018 p17)

Hey Bill..read my response to Sunflower. We need you here.

Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:17 am


tiff041 wrote:

Ya know..I am more of a Lifetime /LMN girl. I love suspense true story stuff. I never watch Hallmark movies because a lot of them are way too sappy and unrealistic. The only time I watch Hallmark is it 11 at night when my Walton show is on. It is a nightly ritual my Mom and I have watching The Waltons. They play for four hours and then again during the day and randomly in the weekends. LOVE me some Waltons and Little house on the Prairie. Even though I am a 90's gal...I ❤️those shows so much. Back when TV was wholesome. Sorry off topic 😛

All I know is right after Halloween..not even Thanksgiving..but Halloween...Hallmark and Lifetime start playing those movies until Jan 1st. I find them nauseating 🤢🤮..During that time..Lifetime is a no go for me. Luckily LMN still plays regular movies. But..I can't stand regular romance movies as it is. But those two channels make their lovwy dovey stuff SO overdramatic and way not real life. Like...is there ever a regular looking person in those movies? No. They all look like supermodels. Now..I can appreciate beauty. I ❤️me a good looking man 🤤🤗..but c'mon. Everyone does not look like that. But I guess if they were a balding middle aged fat woman /man nobody would watch. I get it. But still. And the dialogue! Omg..the dialogue 🙄.  Gimme a huge giant break. People don't talk like that! I used to say that about Dawson's Creek. Everyone talked in some convoluted way..it was hilarious 😂. Point is..they suck 👎

Someone needs to make a realistic romantic comedy with two people who have ostomies. Anybody got any names for titles? 🤔My cousin's husband makes movies. Maybe we can do a go fund me page and all make one. Anybody actors? 😀. Just something to throw out there 🙃

Hello tiff041.

Thanks for your interesting perspective. fortunately (or unfortunately) I don't know what 'Hallmark' movies are -but I get the drift from your description. Similarly, I don't know about The Waltons; Little House on the Prairie or Dawson's Creek.

What a sheltered life I must have had - and yet I survived!

It sounds like a great idea to make some movies to counterbalance the bias in those that already exist. However, movies are made with the intention of making money, so alternative movies are unlikely to be popular with the mainsteam audiences. ( A bit like writing poetry about 'bullies' - it is only those who already have experiences in the field who may be interested.)  I have written one or two 'fringe' one-act plays, that would only be of interest to serious actors, and would be doubtful for drawing in any audiences to actually watch them. 

One of the beauties of being a writer is that I don't need any other entertainment, as I can occupy one, or as many worlds of my own as I like. -especially at this time of the year!

Best wishes

Bill

Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:53 am


tiff041 wrote:

Lovely..you have a point. However I want to see a movie with a romantic lead that is just regular looking. I know everyone has their own flavor of kool aid...but just once...like..put someone who looks "average". That is fair.

Oh c'mon..a movie with ostomates would do Hollywood some food. You don't have too show the 💩 but like have two people "making bacon" and have their bags bang against each other...or like one person has one & the other doesn't..and they dont care. In fact they think it is a sexy beautiful thing 😍. Or like instead of putting the hand on someone's heart..you like touch their bags and be like "You had me when you showed me that bag". Sorry..not the greatest romance writer 😄. But you get the idea. We dont have to see the 💩 to FEEL the 💩ya know. And this would be soft core. No X rated stuff. We already discussed that 😜☺️

Hey Bill...I am talking to you. You need to write the script. You being such a wonderful writer 😘. You on board?

Hello tiff041.

Thanks for the vote of confidence about my writing,  but swapping genres is not quite as easy as it may seem. 

I believe there was another 'Bill/Will'  that used to use rhyme to finish off some acts of his plays, but he did not attempt to write the whole thing in rhyme. Whereas I have written a number of novels entirely in rhyme -  and, I am not surprised to admit that there is not much of a receptive audience for this sort of discourse. Similarly, I would imagine there is not much demand for an exposition of the niceties of stomas within the wider-world outside stomaland.

However, There are some weird and wonderful films out there, which might give us hope that a film on people with stomas might be a hit at sometime in the future.  I have often thought that 'comedy' would be the most appropriate way to go in this regard

Best wishes

bill

    

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Currently online: 30    
5 members & 25 visitors