Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,431 members

Draw your own conclusion.........but hurry!

Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:47 am
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

Wow Bob you have certainly over stepped the boundaries this time with your fairytales. The thing that bothers me most is you have said in other posts that we are good bunch of people on this site, but yet you try and make a mockery out of the people who have the vaccine. You put crap hogwash on by people who are supposed to be professional reputable scientists doctors who don't know the difference between their arse and mouth cos same shit comes out both ends. My rant is that you keep bringing this up to stir the honey 🍯 pot as I said before but you never once thought about those who have lost loved ones,or the people who have had it and survived but struggling with activity of daily living. 

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:33 pm

I agree with you Caz.  The other thing I've noticed is that Bob lights the fire and watches it burn, but remains silent as everyone else reacts to his post.  So, what about it Bob?  Nothing more to say on the subject?  I think many of us would like to know what your true intentions are when posting this type of incendiary message.

 

Terry

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,431 members
Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:35 am


delgrl525 wrote:

I agree with you Caz.  The other thing I've noticed is that Bob lights the fire and watches it burn, but remains silent as everyone else reacts to his post.  So, what about it Bob?  Nothing more...

Oh, fear not......I've got plenty to say, I just wanted you guys to finish gathering your thoughts first. Besides, I had Christmas baking to do. So…….are you done criticizing me yet? If not I can go walk the dog or something.


I have to say right up front your responses were very interesting, although maybe a little expected. I know who the Doctor is, and the organization he's part of. But rather than discredit him from the jump I chose to listen to the podcast to see if I could learn something. I've learned a lot in the past from those I disagree with, as well as those I agree with, and I’ve frequently changed my mind when the evidence was apparent. I think that's called being open minded. I'm confident that I'm smart enough to separate the truth from the fiction, but when you stop listening you stop learning. Let me repeat that......when you stop listening.....you stop learning.  Which implies you're confident that you're the expert on the subject……..and I never make that claim. So I listen.


In this case it appears that none of the 10 of you who posted comments actually listened to the podcast, because none of you refuted anything discussed in the podcast. Instead you agreed with the comments of another poster (who also didn't listen to the podcast), regarding the person being interviewed, and his credibility. So you learned nothing, but you're sure whatever was said was wrong, and not worth your time. Ok, that's fine, and certainly your choice. Unlike you, I won’t criticize you for exercising your freedoms.


I linked a podcast that I found contained a lot of information on COVID that was not general knowledge. I expected that those who like to learn would have listened to it like I did, and formed their own opinion, as I said in the title. I didn’t say in the title to form your own opinion about the guy being interviewed. But you chose to take the lazy way out and do just that. So don't criticize me for posting something you never listened to, but hated because someone hated the person being interviewed. You guys are so full of hate it's seething out of you, but you can't see it.  None of you have to read my posts or listen to anything I link. I'm not holding a gun to any of your heads.........although I’m kinda liking that thought right about now. If you can't handle any opinion other than your own please do us both a favor and stop reading my posts.  Thanks in advance!


Now, for any of you that I misjudged……..I apologize. And offer this video in return. This is one of YOUR guys, who actually took the time to listen to the whole podcast and breaks it down point by point to debate……….and does a really good job. Much to your surprise you’ll find he actually did learn some things, agrees with some things, and disagrees with others……as I figured you’d do. And he does it in a methodical, mature way that’s easy to follow and understand.  I don't agree with everything he says........but I enjoyed hearing his point of view.  Go figure.


This video is much shorter, but hits all the key points, so hopefully this time you’ll get something out of it, as I originally intended. He’ll even reinforce some of your biased views, and clearly explains his own. And if you don’t think you’re biased…….as everyone is, then you REALLY have a lot to learn.  Enjoy (Take 2)


https://youtu.be/8pcIbVvHI2c

;0)

bob

Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:53 am

Hmmm those who choose to have the vaccine are choosing life rather than death. You say your point is to be able to let people listen and form their own opinions but you quite clearly wrote that the information contained in the video that the number of deaths caused by the vaccine so to me this is a typical antivac message. As for us being full of hate were not the one's who is saying that you would like to have a gun pointed at our head's. You say we should continue to learn I'm already learning in my role as a qualified nurse and continue to on a daily basis, I don't need to watch videos that are biased about life when I'm trying to save people from death or have problems with their breathing caused by covid. Again you have not stopped to consider those who have lost loved ones or are still struggling with activity of daily living due to COVID. 

Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:55 am


Hello Bob.
Thank you so much for this review link of Joe Rogan’s interview with Dr. McCullough.
As you rightly pointed out, many people would not have bothered to listen to the original podcast, and I admit to being in that category.
However, I did watch the whole of the review and appreciated all the time, effort and expertise that must have gone into producing such a detailed examination and critique of such a complex subject as the presentation of information and misinformation.
It is the prior knowledge that this type of exercise in discourse dissection takes a long time and needs specific expertise that motivated me to omit listening to the original podcast.
It is also this same knowledge that motivated me to watch the YouTube clip doing that dissection job for me.
It might be pertinent to admit that I use the same strategy with the media – I have never bought a newspaper in my entire life, but I do read a few magazines such as the New Scientist and the New Internationalist, which tend to give a reasonably reliable overview and critique of what the mainstream media have been portraying in their usual biased way.
(These are available for free in our local library – but it does mean that my interest in topical matters tends to have a delay of a few weeks/months or years – while people argue about those things that have not yet been decided as ‘the truth and nothing but the truth’. )
As a young child I experienced the pseudo-‘wisdom’ of my father, who used to buy the Times and the socialist workers paper each week. Stating that he could get somewhere near the truth only by reading the two extremes.
My approach was to save on time, money and effort, by finding sources of information that do that sort of examination for me.
I do not believe this is a ‘lazy’ way out, but a sensible and logical utilisation of my precious time, which can be better utilised in an altogether different way.
I have also developed some guiding templates for social discourse, which would preclude me from bothering to listen to the first podcast.
One of the simplest of these is the three criteria for engagement in discourse:
1) Are the people communicating ‘with’ me, or ‘at’ me?
2) Are they open to change?
3) Are they willing to curb their bias?
To the extent that any answers to these questions are likely to be negative, that will be the likelihood that I will decline to engage.

Best wishes
Bill

Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:44 am


Caz67 wrote:

Hmmm those who choose to have the vaccine are choosing life rather than death. You say your point is to be able to let people listen and form their own opinions but you quite clearly wrote that the...

Caz,

  Believe who and what you want.  The fact is that the vaccines are classified as 'Experimental' by the FDA because the required safety studies have not been completed, as they would for any other drug seeking FDA approval.  The FDA has a limit on the number of deaths a medication can cause during the required clinical trials and still get FDA approval.  The vaccines have blown way past the allowable 'deaths per million' number that's acceptable.  Therefore the vaccines will NEVER be given formal FDA approval and move out of 'Experimental' status.  That should tell you something.  If you have a beef with that..........talk to the FDA.  So the point is your word "choose".  FDA classifed 'Experimental' drugs CANNOT BE MANDATED by law........because the required safety studies with large groups of people have not been conducted.  When the studies for a drug ARE done the consumer can see the risk they're taking and make a choice.  Without the data they cannot.  That's why they can't be mandated.  So YOU might think choosing to vax is choosing life..........but those who've died from it, and those who will die from it probably won't.  Will the numbers be small?  Maybe, but not small enough for the FDA to consider them "safe" for approval.  

Yes, I threw the "gun pointed at your head" comment in to see if you understood sarcasm......which I know you do.  You know how I write.  But grasp at whatever you want.  This isn't about me.......it's about everyone being informed and making decisions based on that info.........and not being forced to do something without being fully aware of the potential consequences.  As a nurse you should know and appreciate that.  I have lost loved ones from COVID (supposedly).  I don't let that cloud my judgement.  They're gone.........we're here......and I'd like us to stay here.  Personally I couldn't care less if you get vaxed or not........none of my business.......because (as you know) the vaccines do nothing to stop one from getting the virus or spreading it.....they only reduce the severity.  But I would like to see people make the decision on their own, based on the available information, and not with a herd mentality.  Because herds don't always get it right.  

;0)

bob



Last edited by w30bob on Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:50 am


Bill wrote:


Hello Bob.
Thank you so much for this review link of Joe Rogan’s interview with Dr. McCullough.
As you rightly pointed out, many people would not have bothered to listen to the original podcast, an...

Bill,

  YOU are the one person on here I absolutely NEVER worry about!  You've got it down to a science and whether we agree on something or not I know you're coming at it from a position of knowledge, and not group think.  I didn't mean to lump you in, but it was getting late and I needed an hour or two of sleep.........so I chose the lazy way out!  Knowledge is power..........and you're a powerful guy.  

thanks,

bob

Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:10 am


w30bob wrote:

Caz,

  Believe who and what you want.  The fact is that the vaccines are classified as 'Experimental' by the FDA because the required safety studies have not been completed, as they would for an...

Hi Bob

Yes people have died after having the vaccine but no where near as many who have died from COVID but what they don't or won't tell you is that a large number of the death's that occurred because they had chronic diseases such as copd, heart desease , cancer, HIV, renal and liver disease ect which as we know already lowers your immune system.  As for me being a nurse my priority is making the patient aware of what I am going to administer, explain what's in the vaccine and any potential side effects,but you can bet your bottom dollar that the patient has already made their choice just by attending my clinic. Again Bob they choose life not death. Just to add my thoughts here if anyone is to blame for the mass outbreak then the responsibility lies on the the shoulders of WHO they didn't act when informed by a whistle blower that there had been a vast amount of deaths in whuan caused by a potentially harmful disease. They continued to let the borders stay open and let the strain of COVID go global. At the end of the day Bob there was no expert in this disease and the world needed a quick sharp fix which with all the top leading scientists working together to find the magic bullet in record time. The world didn't have 15years to wait to see how the vaccine worked. I for one am truly grateful for our wonderful scientists who worked around the clock to save the human race. 



Last edited by Caz67 on Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:43 pm


w30bob wrote:

Oh, fear not......I've got plenty to say, I just wanted you guys to finish gathering your thoughts first. Besides, I had Christmas baking to do. So…….are you done criticizing me yet? If not I c...

There is no hate seething out of me Bob, only sadness and frustration at the senseless and preventable deaths we are all seeing due to the numbers of people who are refusing to get vaccinated.  Hate is a very strong word and it seems to be overused in our current society.  It's also not usually helpful to make blanket statements or assessments on a group of people, in this case attributing hate, and "lumping" people together, your word.  As you pointed out, we are all entitled to our own opinions, and you have no way of knowing which or how many resources any of us may have used in forming our opinions.  When there is an overwhelming amount of evidence of something, take global warming for an example, there comes a point at which most people will accept it as fact and stop listening to the outliers.  Because there will always be outliers.  I don't listen to people from the flat earth society either.  

Terry

Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:18 pm

The earth isn't flat?? 🤦‍♂️ But the sky is still falling right? 🤔

Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:27 pm


w30bob wrote:

Oh, fear not......I've got plenty to say, I just wanted you guys to finish gathering your thoughts first. Besides, I had Christmas baking to do. So…….are you done criticizing me yet? If not I c...

Bob,

The reputaion and history of an author, blogger, podcaster, conspiricy theorist, whatever, usually preceeds them. If they are red meat slingers, I'm not going to waste my time reading/listening to their garbage. Again, I always start with the source and go from there. You should try it sometime. It would free up a lot more of your time for Christmas baking. 

Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:11 pm


nal143 wrote:

Bob,

The reputaion and history of an author, blogger, podcaster, conspiricy theorist, whatever, usually preceeds them. If they are red meat slingers, I'm not going to waste my time reading/listeni...

This is what I was going to say too.  A person's past utterances, positions, writings, etc. proceed them.  It is not irrational to take his or her past pronouncements into account when decided whether to give them any further credence or even listen to what they have to say.  There is so much humbug and BS pouring out of rightwingers these days, they have simply lost credibility with most reasonable people.  Our reaction to you, Bob, is just one small example of that.  No one who cares about truth and accountability, for instance, will bother listening to anything Donald Trump says, because he constantly lies in the face of contrary facts. 

Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:27 pm


w30bob wrote:

Caz,

  Believe who and what you want.  The fact is that the vaccines are classified as 'Experimental' by the FDA because the required safety studies have not been completed, as they would for an...

Bob, you are dead wrong once again. Covid vaccines, Moderna, Pfizer and J&J HAVE been approved by the FDA after surpassing all of their necessary testing except for one group of young children. In the US, 485 million doses of the vaccines have been administered in 1 year through Dec 13, 2021. Of those 485,000,000 shots given, 10,500 people have died, but the vast majority of those had other serious health conditions. So it's impossible to separate getting the vaccine from their underlying health issues. They were not strong, healthy, robust adults. These statistics are from the CDC and FDA. Did you get your fake info by asking Mr Google?

Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:14 pm


HenryM wrote:

This is what I was going to say too.  A person's past utterances, positions, writings, etc. proceed them.  It is not irrational to take his or her past pronouncements into account when decided wh...

This was also a point I wanted to make.  A person's or organization's credibility is huge.  I know for myself, not being a medical expert in any way, I am ripe for some charlatan to take advantage of.  It is easy for someone with a medical background to bamboozle someone like me with language that sounds believable.  I have to know I can trust the information I am consuming, and the only way to do that is to listen to the experts, those with proven track records, whose credibility is not in question.  

Terry

Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:37 pm


delgrl525 wrote:

This was also a point I wanted to make.  A person's or organization's credibility is huge.  I know for myself, not being a medical expert in any way, I am ripe for some charlatan to take advantag...

Yep. Why did I get the vaccine....because my 4 doctors(oncologist, radiologist, surgeon, and my primary doctor) all said that I should with as low as my immune system was from chemotherapy, radiation, surgery. 

Sun
Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:35 pm

Vaccine protection has fallen to 14.9 per cent — from nearly 90 per cent a month ago — for people who have received two doses, according to the data. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-covid19-dec-27-1.6298799

Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:05 pm


Sun wrote:

Vaccine protection has fallen to 14.9 per cent — from nearly 90 per cent a month ago — for people who have received two doses, according to the data. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/onta...

That's exactly why you need to get the booster. That puts you back up to 90%

Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:11 pm


Sun wrote:

Vaccine protection has fallen to 14.9 per cent — from nearly 90 per cent a month ago — for people who have received two doses, according to the data. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/onta...

Sun,

You didn't mention that the same study shows that 2 doses reduce the need for hospitalization / ICU care by 90%! Also, the Booster brings you back to 85% infection resistance.

Best,

Bryce 


Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:53 am


nal143 wrote:

Bob, once again you didn't check any sources before sending garbage. Maybe it is an attention seeking behavior on your part. Like the notorious "Great Leader" once said, "even bad publicity is bett...

I thank you Lovely Lady  ....especially for the scary imagery  😜...yes indeed if our Mr Johnson was / were  under threat of dropping down the drain next time we took a Pee we would be lined up around the block  !! Same goes for women and some of their precious bodily appendages   lol ..😈 . I almost kept hoping their would be some visual sign that would scare the crap out of people , blood red eyeballs or hair falling out !!  

     On a serious and sad memory of San Francisco when AIDS  first appeared . Carposi Sarcoma  caused very scary   terrifying skin lesions on victims .  I remember my mailman at the 60  unit building I managed in Pacific Heights  giving me mail in the office and it was clear that he was ill and had the begging of lesions 


Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:11 am


nal143 wrote:

Bob, once again you didn't check any sources before sending garbage. Maybe it is an attention seeking behavior on your part. Like the notorious "Great Leader" once said, "even bad publicity is bett...

I thank you Lovely Lady  ....especially for the scary imagery  😜...yes indeed if our Mr Johnson was / were  under threat of dropping down the drain next time we took a Pee we would be lined up around the block  !! Same goes for women and some of their precious bodily appendages   lol ..😈 . I almost kept hoping their would be some visual sign that would scare the crap out of people , blood red eyeballs or hair falling out !!  

     On a serious and sad memory of San Francisco when AIDS  first appeared . Carposi Sarcoma  caused very scary   terrifying skin lesions on victims .  I remember my mailman at the 60  unit building I managed in Pacific Heights  giving me mail in the office and it was clear that he was ill and  losing weight , the next time he had lesions beginning to appear , brown patches on his skin . That was the last delivery for him . People were terrified  of this unknown illness that killed everyone who caught it , worse than cancer  and not knowing for a long time exactly how it spread .  The visible very scary signs left people in no doubt that this was spreading like wildfire  and  would be a horrible way to die and there was no doubt at all that you would die . 

 The fear people felt was palpable and anyone losing weight was someone to stay away from .  I was very skinny  due to surgery and I remember those looks if I went to get coffee  on on a bus ....people got that worried wrinkle in the brow  and took a step back . I was very , very fortunate that my blood transfusions did not come fro. The San Framcisco  blood bank which was contaminated . My Brothers actually asked to donate blood specifically for me and the hospital said that it did no comply with " Protocol" . Not long after that they recommended that people have their own blood drawn by the hospital in advance of any surgery . 

   Ok , bedtime  !! 

Nighty nite all and I hope everyone ....Including you Bob  ☘☘  has a wonderful and  medically uneventful new yesr .

Mister Magoo ...aka  Eamon   💚☘❤   to all .

Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:03 pm


Sun wrote:

Vaccine protection has fallen to 14.9 per cent — from nearly 90 per cent a month ago — for people who have received two doses, according to the data. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/onta...

From the article you posted:
"Despite the clear weakening in protection from infection, the data shows that two doses continue to offer over 90 per cent protection against hospitalization and intensive care unit admission."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-covid19-dec-27-1.6298799

Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:08 pm


riffael wrote:

From the article you posted:
"Despite the clear weakening in protection from infection, the data shows that two doses continue to offer over 90 per cent protection against hospitalization and intens...

And that's the main reason I got vaccinated and a booster, I don't want to end up in the hospital with it. I'm already at the hospital 5 days/week for treating this radiation wound, I'd hate to have Covid along with it.

Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:16 pm


Bill wrote:

Hello magoo.

You don't need to worry about proof-reading on my behalf. I like the idea that someone can make more typos than me, as it makes me look much more efficient than I really am.

In order...

Same here, Bill. I always pre-write in Word.
Riff

Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:37 am


HenryM wrote:

This is what I was going to say too.  A person's past utterances, positions, writings, etc. proceed them.  It is not irrational to take his or her past pronouncements into account when decided wh...

Hello HenryM.
I have just been re-reading some of my rhymes from 2020 and found a couple that may well have relevance to how I perceive the sort of discussions going on about vaccinations and most other things that various people want us to fall in line with.
The first rhyme is just a general rant, and the second was an experiment in taking news quotations of the day and commenting on them in rhyming verse. (I must have been a bit short of more interesting concepts to comment upon at that time!)

Best wishes
Bill

WHO DO YOU BELIEVE?

Do you believe the lawyers who
have proved that they may lie to you
and think you haven’t got a clue
or show that you have no value?

Do you believe those doctors when
they sit behind a desk with pen,
and write prescriptions long before
you’ve even entered through their door?

Do you believe the politicians
who seem to have their own religions,
wherein they think they should mistreat
us all with their lies and deceit?

Do you believe the autocrats,
dictators, despots, monocrats,
who think that only their word rules
and all the rest of us are fools?

Do you believe the media,
who prey on folk’s acedia, (apathy)
to brainwash them and take control
of their views and of their soul?

Do you believe a police force where
they’ve shown they simply do not care
and so, they bully and abuse
those whom they wish to accuse?

Do you believe the rich when they
make sure the poor are those that pay
for everything that they expect
without them showing us respect?

Who is it that we might believe
if we are not to misconceive,
misunderstand or misconstrue,
to find out what is really true?

                                    Be Withers 2020


WHO DO YOU BELIEVE? (2)

11/09/19 - 3 years after the EU referendum, Boris Johnson finally admits that his £350million a week claim about EU membership was wrong.

IT COULD BE SAID HE IS A TRYER,
BUT, IN TRUTH, HE IS A LIAR.

----------------------------------------------

20/11/20 – Sir Alex Allan’s report concluded that Preti Patel’s actions broke the ministerial code and amounted to bullying. Boris Johnson overturned these findings, having stated before the enquiry began, that Preti Patel was ‘innocent’;
Sir Alex Allen resigned.

PRETI CLAIMS SHE’S NOT A BULLY,
BUT TO UNDERSTAND THIS FULLY
AN INQUIRY WAS SET UP
TO TRY TO SHUT COMPLAINANTS UP.

BUT THAT INQUIRY FOUND OUT
WHAT PRETI PATEL WAS ALL ABOUT,
SO, CONCLUDED SHE WAS WRONG,
SHE’D BEEN A BULLY ALL ALONG.

BORIS, ON THE OTHER HAND,
THOUGHT HE OUGHT TO MAKE A STAND
AND SUPPORT HIS BULLY FRIEND
SO, BRING THIS SAGA TO AN END.

BUT WHO DO YOU BELIEVE IN THIS?
WHO DO YOU THINK SHOULD GET JUSTICE?
IS IT THE BULLY WHO DENIES,
OR THE VICTIMS THEY DESPISE?

----------------------------------------------------

23/12 20 - Government ministers have put the number of delayed lorries at just under 3,000, but the Road Haulage Association estimates between 8,000 and 10,000 are now waiting in Kent and surrounding areas.

WHEN PEOPLE STATE THEIR PROPOSITIONS,
WOULD YOU BELIEVE THE POLITICIANS?
OR THOSE PEOPLE ON THE GROUND
ABOUT WHATEVER THEY HAVE FOUND?

                                                      Be Withers-2020

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours