Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,430 members

Share a fun fact about where you live


Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:29 pm
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

Share a fun fact about where you live. 😊



Last edited by on Fri May 13, 2022 7:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:16 pm

Minnesota.  The land of 10,000 lakes

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,430 members

Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:19 pm


Cplumber wrote:

Minnesota.  The land of 10,000 lakes

That's a lot of lakes. 😮

Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:03 pm

1988 winter Olympics in Calgary. The ski jump is no longer in use.



Last edited by xnine on Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:14 am; edited 2 times in total

Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:10 pm


xnine wrote:

1988 winter Olympics in Calgary. The ski jump is no longer in use.

Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:15 pm

Australia, where the entire population is less than the state of Texas, and a little more than Florida.


Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:19 pm


Two bags wrote:

Australia, where the entire population is less than the state of Texas, and a little more than Florida.

Wow, I never knew that.

Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:10 pm

Nebraska, 🤔....well, I'm here. 😁 Not quite as cool as that, we're (Omaha specifically) the home of the college World Series, Olympic swim trials, Olympic curling trials, one of the country's best zoos, lots of railroad history, American Indian history.


Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:17 pm


AlexT wrote:

Nebraska, 🤔....well, I'm here. 😁 Not quite as cool as that, we're (Omaha specifically) the home of the college World Series, Olympic swim trials, Olympic curling trials, one of the country's ...

Lots going on in Omaha. 🤩

Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:43 pm

Annapolis, Maryland, the capital of Maryland (aka Naptown) is claimed by locals to be a "drinking town with a sailing problem"


Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:14 am


Mark1070 wrote:

Annapolis, Maryland, the capital of Maryland (aka Naptown) is claimed by locals to be a "drinking town with a sailing problem"

LOL Love that! 🍻

Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:42 am

Sheffield UK is known for its silversmith making the finest knives and forks ect but like anything it's all more or less gone to China. We have one remaining called Richardson's. XX


Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:50 am


Caz67 wrote:

Sheffield UK is known for its silversmith making the finest knives and forks ect but like anything it's all more or less gone to China. We have one remaining called Richardson's. XX

Cool 😍

Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:51 am

Here in N. Michigan our area is known as copper country for all the copper mining that was done around here.


Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:58 am


ron in mich wrote:

Here in N. Michigan our area is known as copper country for all the copper mining that was done around here.

Oh wow I didn't know that. I thought the mines were all in places like Chile & Mexico...

Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:49 pm

Minnesota, Not the home of the Green Bay Packer! 🤣

Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:05 pm

Lots of popular movies were filmed in South Carolina, from “The Notebook” and “Full Metal Jacket,” to “Prince of Tides,” “Sleeping with the Enemy,” and of course, “Swamp Thing.”

Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:07 pm

Lexington, KY, bluegrass country. Home to famous race horses throughout the years. 2 race tracks in town, and of course nearby Churchill Downs in Louisville with the Kentucky Derby.

Born and raised in Louisiana and moved up here where there's actually 4 seasons - and looking out at the snow coming down as we speak (er, type) - beautiful!

Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:26 pm

Fort Worth, TX-- You can actually order and eat calf fries (bull beef testicle) here at some restaurants!  Rattlesnake appetizers too!

Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:38 pm

Not too sure this is a fun fact but the town I live in the UK is called "unstable" DUNSTABLE. back in 1534 king Henry 8th come to DUNSTABLE priory church which was about a days ride from Hampton court where he lived to have his first marriage annulled so he could marry Anne Boleyn & then broke away from the Catholic Church to start the Church of England so people could divorce.


Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:13 am


lovely wrote:

Lots of popular movies were filmed in South Carolina, from “The Notebook” and “Full Metal Jacket,” to “Prince of Tides,” “Sleeping with the Enemy,” and of course, “Swamp Thing.”

South Carolina is so beautiful!


Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:14 am


Newbie Dana wrote:

Lexington, KY, bluegrass country. Home to famous race horses throughout the years. 2 race tracks in town, and of course nearby Churchill Downs in Louisville with the Kentucky Derby.

Born and raise...

I love bluegrass music! 🪕


Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:14 am


TomFTW wrote:

Fort Worth, TX-- You can actually order and eat calf fries (bull beef testicle) here at some restaurants!  Rattlesnake appetizers too!

🤢


Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:16 am


Panko wrote:

Not too sure this is a fun fact but the town I live in the UK is called "unstable" DUNSTABLE. back in 1534 king Henry 8th come to DUNSTABLE priory church which was about a days ride from Hampton co...

😮

Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:01 pm

I live in Sherwood Psrk, very near Edmonton Alberta, the largest most Northernly city in North America. 

Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:02 pm


JamesArnod wrote:

I live in Sherwood Psrk, very near Edmonton Alberta, the largest most Northernly city in North America. 

Typo.....rats.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:30 pm

Green Bay, Wi, Home of the Green Bay Packers!! Wisconsin is also a beautilful State!! Summers especially!!


Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:35 pm


JamesArnod wrote:

I live in Sherwood Psrk, very near Edmonton Alberta, the largest most Northernly city in North America. 

Must be cold. Brrrr


Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:37 pm


kray wrote:

Green Bay, Wi, Home of the Green Bay Packers!! Wisconsin is also a beautilful State!! Summers especially!!

It sounds lovely. 😊

Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:28 pm

Started hearing about bluegrass on American pickers 

Anyone heard Tex Ritters "Deck of Cards" blew my mind how all the dots add up & up on a pack of cards!

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours