Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,431 members

Share a fun fact about where you live

Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:48 pm
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

Panko wrote:

Started hearing about bluegrass on American pickers 

Anyone heard Tex Ritters "Deck of Cards" blew my mind how all the dots add up & up on a pack of cards!

Just went and watched a Youtube video on it...pretty cool. 

Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:11 am

How could I forget the full Monty movie was made in Sheffield xx

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,431 members

Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:24 am

Caz67 wrote:

How could I forget the full Monty movie was made in Sheffield xx

That was a good movie. 😂

Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:21 pm

I live where Harry Truman lived

Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:57 pm

Cplumber wrote:

Minnesota.  The land of 10,000 lakes

And a ton of common loons!

I live on the North Shore of Boston. My city has more RR crossings than any other town or city in the US. And our shoreline, 600:yards from my home, is to die for, as is the sailing and seafood!

Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:33 pm

Anonymous wrote:

And a ton of common loons!

I live on the North Shore of Boston. My city has more RR crossings than any other town or city in the US. And our shoreline, 600:yards from my home, is to die for, as is...

Since I work for a railroad, I'm sorry. 😁

Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:06 pm

I live in South Africa,

1 Where you can find the longest continuous Wine route on Earth.

2. Is the only Country in the world where right hand cars are produced by Mercedes and Benz. 

3. Table Mountain is one of the oldest mountains on the planet. 

And is the biggest meat producer in Africa. 

Very interesting History in this Rainbow Nation. 

Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:24 pm

Lillylou wrote:

I live in South Africa,

1 Where you can find the longest continuous Wine route on Earth.

2. Is the only Country in the world where right hand cars are produced by Mercedes and Benz. 

3. Table M...

Wow very interesting! 

Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:29 am

AlexT wrote:

Nebraska, 🤔....well, I'm here. 😁 Not quite as cool as that, we're (Omaha specifically) the home of the college World Series, Olympic swim trials, Olympic curling trials, one of the country's ...

Warren Buffet

Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:15 am

corbiator! wrote:

Warren Buffet

Yeah, he's rich and everything but I'll pass on anything else about him. 

Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:05 pm

I live on the south shore of Massachusetts not far from where legend has it the pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock, seafood is amazing down here as well, also not far from Cape Cod. Just remember the mayor from Jaws was STILL the mayor in Jaws 2.

Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:42 am

corbiator wrote:

I live where Harry Truman lived

(correction)Harry Truman lived where I live!

Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:42 pm

Abefroman1969 wrote:

I live on the south shore of Massachusetts not far from where legend has it the pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock, seafood is amazing down here as well, also not far from Cape Cod. Just remember the...

I don't get when you say "The mayor from Jaws was STILL the mayor in Jaws 2."????

Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:17 pm

Anonymous wrote:

I don't get when you say "The mayor from Jaws was STILL the mayor in Jaws 2."????

Shouldn't have wrote it. Almost dipping into politics, my bad

Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:09 pm

corbiator! wrote:

Warren Buffet

And where my nephew moved to! Lincoln, Nebraska.

Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:24 pm

I live in Chicago, IL, "The Windy City" and when its cold, its VERY COLD! We do get a lot of snow, a lot of times. The 'heat' is in a world by itself..

Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:28 pm

Tense62 wrote:

I live in Chicago, IL, "The Windy City" and when its cold, its VERY COLD! We do get a lot of snow, a lot of times. The 'heat' is in a world by itself..

One extreme to the other? 😀

Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:23 am

We have a beautiful Blue Lake and occasionally get an appearance of the aurora australis (southern lights) near my town (included in this time-lapse clip taken of my town and surrounds by a local photographer).

Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:23 am

~jo~ wrote:

We have a beautiful Blue Lake and occasionally get an appearance of the aurora australis (southern lights) near my town (included in this time-lapse clip taken of my town and surrounds by a local p...

Wow! So beautiful! 😍

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.