Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,430 members

Tsunami advisories ...

Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:41 pm
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

"Tsunami advisories were issued for Hawaii, Alaska and the U.S. Pacific coast." 

I hope nothing comes of this and everyone is ok. 🙏💗

Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:46 pm

Not just the U.S. west coast, the coast of B.C. too!  Scary stuff!

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,430 members
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:51 pm

That could bring out my inner Bhodi. 🏄‍♂️

Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:07 pm

delgrl525 wrote:

Not just the U.S. west coast, the coast of B.C. too!  Scary stuff!

Oh gosh! That must be scary! How do you prepare for something like that?

Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:23 pm

Anonymous wrote:

Oh gosh! That must be scary! How do you prepare for something like that?

Snorkel and flippers. What else can ya do?

Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:06 pm

I just saw the Satelite images , from NASA I think ....enormous explosion  , Tonga I believe , visible from way up there , from the Space Station . Islands in the vicinity must have been decimated  !!  Looks like Hawaii will feel some effects . Looked like a Mount Saint Hehen's  event but the explosion is symmetrical , a huge Circle , in all dieectiobs .  If you're near the Ocean watch out for receeding water .  In Thailand during the Japanese Tsunami  the Elephants apparently headed for the hills , the infrasound rumble  is what warned them . 

The totally isolated people of the Andeman Islands ( Zero outside contact .....anyone who landed there was killed by the indigenous people .)  They shot arrows and spears at the helicopters coming to aid them  ! Amazing that such isolation is possible in this world . They live a stone age existance as hunters and gatherers . A Minister tried to bring them the " Salvation of Religin   ....immediately  speared , should have listened to the warnings . Anyway they seemed to do just fine with the Tsunami  !!  The islands are Indian territory and outsiders are kept out  for their own good . 

3 AM ...in Ireland , better get some snooze .

☘☘

Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:13 pm

Anonymous wrote:

I just saw the Satelite images , from NASA I think ....enormous explosion  , Tonga I believe , visible from way up there , from the Space Station . Islands in the vicinity must have been decimated...

I watched a documentary on those people. Truly amazing on how we could survive if we had to. Even more amazing on how we haven't "ruined" them, yet. 

Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:39 am

You got that right Alex .  I always thought the Andemans were part of an Indian military base and the Native people were a good cover to keep it secret ...ok...ok  I know ...my very own conspiracy theory LOL .

I guess I didn't think it was possible for these Islands to be  unspoiled by our  so called  " civilized society "   which often appears to be the genuine  uncivilized side of the equation .  I'm sure they have their own brand of crime and punishment  and some spiritual concept  , that's just being human but they've never interfered with us so I say leave them to it . Above all don't try to force them to believe in our  confused and often destructive concept of Gods and Devils .  

When Christianity was brought to Irland the Celts had their Gods and Devils  , their Healers and " Witchdoctors "  . The newfound Christianity adopted  the native beliefs and rituals and made many a part of the Christian Ritual traditions .  There are still Healers in Ireland who have " Cures" for many ailments , cures passed down for generations through a family . Doctors often recommend a select few of these cures and they actually work . Usually it's a selection of herbs in liquid or cream. A relative can actually cure Ringworm when medicine has failed !!  

There were what we called " Fairy Trees "  here in the Wild West  . These were " Holy " places marked  usually by a Blackthorn tree and people seeking help in some way would tie a piece of colored fabric on the branches and say a little prater of some kind  to ask for help in their lives .  I was watching a documentary on Tibet a while back  showing how their dead are given back to nature  and what do I see  !!  A Fairy Tree , just like ours , with all the bits of colored fabric tied to it's  branches .  I have to do some reading on that to learn how this practice came to be carried out on opposite sides of the planet !!  If anyone knows about this please enlighten us . Our Fairy Trees may have been the site of ancient rituals or burial sites . " Fairy Forts " are never touched to this day , highways are routed around them but most of these are  actually burial chambers from thousands of years ago  and were never excavated .  There were studies on how to bury nuclear waste so that people hundreds of years in the future would know to leave it buried and untouched . One notion was to create some kind of Taboo or Myth   that would   warn people off , same way the Fairy Forts are in the middle of a field of crops but will never be disturbed  , the farmer plows around it .

Back to sleep now !!  Jet lag is 😈. 

Eamon ....Eh-Mon ☘

Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:43 am

The advisory has been cancelled and aside from some choppy waters, all is good in the Aloha state. 🤙

Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:16 am

Anonymous wrote:

The advisory has been cancelled and aside from some choppy waters, all is good in the Aloha state. 🤙

So glad to hear! 😍

Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:42 am

Hi all when japan had that big quake we were visiting our daughter in alaska and there were the warnings there which was worrying as we were flying out the next day. 

Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:47 am

ron in mich wrote:

Hi all when japan had that big quake we were visiting our daughter in alaska and there were the warnings there which was worrying as we were flying out the next day. 

Oh gosh that must of been scarey! 😲

Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:45 pm

AlexT wrote:

Snorkel and flippers. What else can ya do?

You kill me!!

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.