Seeking ideas for cancer-free anniversary tattoo - guy themed

In this discussion
Replies
Views
AlexT

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo (would be my first) for my 1-year anniversary of being cancer-free. I need some ideas on a design. I'm a guy, so it has to be "guy" themed. I have an idea on what I want but would like to hear other ideas. And NO, it won't be a tramp stamp, I'm not that type of boy. And I won't say what I'm thinking about getting because I don't want your thoughts to be tainted. You can either post it on here or send me a message if you don't want it to be public, your choice. Let the creative minds of ostomates begin.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

xnine

I think Magoo had a post on tattoos. My mistake, it was w30bob. Maybe you can find it on his profile.

Found it.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
lovely

Phoenix tattoo is not a common choice among tattoo lovers, but it's always the choice of people who have been through a lot in their lives and have come out stronger and wiser.

Ritz

Start doodling on paper. Your mind and body will produce something original and your own. Then it will hit you and you'll be happy with your permanent mark you've made in life.

Earth Angel

Hi Alex, I am also getting my first ever tattoo to signify my strength through my cancer journey. I am getting a Phoenix and under it will write "Still I Rise" in which my three kids are going to have that saying tattooed on them as a reminder that no matter what life brings - you need to always rise up and conquer! I am so excited for you! Good luck with your choice and show us when you get one!

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Past Member
Reply to Earth Angel

I love that! I'm too chicken to get another tattoo. LOL One is enough for me.

AlexT
Reply to Earth Angel

That's really a nice idea for a tattoo. Are you sure you want to see it? I was going to put it on my, now one big, buttock. I aim to please though. Actually, I'm leaning towards having it on my back between my shoulders.

Justbreathe

I have made several attempts at sending a pic of an idea for you...with no luck...Not sure why I have such a difficult time with this website...can't possibly be me...lol...must be this iPad! ;I posted it under my ID.

Sutton

Phoenix?

What does a Phoenix Tattoo Mean? The symbol of a phoenix is easily recognizable and suggests birth, death, and rebirth, as well as the cyclical nature of life and its renewal. Many people turn to phoenixes for tattoos because they serve as a marker of turning over a new leaf in life.

https://phoenixuoaa.org/

RiverS
Reply to Earth Angel

I have a phoenix on my upper back. Definitely reborn from the ashes of disease!

AlexT

I need pictures/drawings....

Sutton
Reply to AlexT

Phoenix Photos

AlexT

Thanks

Sutton

You're most welcome.

Trans Am Firebird

Past Member

It should say "I won!"

Past Member

I love this one...but it is kind of girly. LOL If I were ever to get any courage to get another tattoo, I would get this one.

AlexT
Reply to Anonymous

Everything stops right here and right now until we get to see Sunflower's tattoo, she's been holding out on us. Come on, show us what ya got.

Past Member
Reply to AlexT

LOL

Past Member

Ok, so the new game is 'Show Us Your Tattoos'? LOL

Mine is a sister's Celtic knot... It's a Celtic knot with a heart in it... All 5 of us sisters (3 sisters, 2 sister-in-laws) got it at the same time.

Caz67

I can't show mine, I'm afraid xx

Past Member
Reply to Caz67

Lol, why?

AlexT
Reply to Caz67

Don't be a chicken, show us.

AlexT
Reply to Anonymous

Nice. I was hoping to see other skin parts but we'll start slow.

Past Member
Reply to AlexT

LOL

Caz67
Reply to Anonymous

It's a bit of a struggle to get one's ass in a picture lol and my back XX

Past Member
Reply to Caz67

LOL I guess so

AlexT
Reply to Caz67

Mirrors or use the timer on your camera.

AlexT
Reply to Caz67

And don't forget to say....."cheese".

Caz67
Reply to AlexT

Gee, I might get the full moon. LOL xx

Caz67
Reply to AlexT

Hmmm cheese xx