Fashion Advice for Ileostomy: Non-Stretch Clothing Alternatives?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Past Member
Reply to Abefroman1969

Oh no, I wish I had read about using a shower cap as a pouch cover. I just ordered the shower belt thingy.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,102 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT
Reply to Abefroman1969

I do still wear the same style of underwear. Not sure the technical name, but they're like boxers but skin tight, boxer briefs maybe? I had to wear a gauze pad for months in my underwear until my radiation wound finally stopped dripping. It was delightful to not have that in them anymore.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Abefroman1969
Reply to AlexT

That sounds like boxer briefs, I'll have to wear a pad for my fistula and hidradenitis but that's better than a diaper!! I wear menstrual pads WITHOUT wings, jeez I hate those wings!

Abefroman1969

I love that Sally used my words and also called it "that shower belt thingy."

Past Member
Reply to Abefroman1969

LOL isn't that what it is? ;‍

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Abefroman1969
Reply to Anonymous

Well yes, that's why I called it that, but isn't the seller calling it a "shower belt" or something of that nature? Gotta make it sound legit, ya know?

Rocket52
Reply to AlexT

Boxer briefs are correct!!

Past Member
Reply to Abefroman1969

LOL Paul "Jeez, I hate those wings!"

Abefroman1969
Reply to Anonymous

They get in the way and don't stick to anything other than my skin so yeah, F them wings. I'm not taping a gauze pad in my shorts and they don't make pads for men that I've found! The Always brand treats me right without those damn wings!

Past Member
Reply to Abefroman1969

OMG, you nut! I have tears. I'm laughing so hard!

Past Member
Reply to Abefroman1969

Just received my 'shower belt thingy' today. So excited to try it!

PipPop

After I got my ileostomy, my nurse told me that I would have to make changes to the type of clothes I wear. That upset me. While recovering, I lived in leggings and loose clothing, but after that, I just went back to wearing my regular clothes. Sometimes, I do go one size up in jeans just for a little bit of extra space. And if traveling a long distance, I wear a loose dress or skirt so there is plenty of room for expansion. I think sometimes we can be too conscious of others noticing our bag. I had to laugh when one family member, who didn't understand how an ileostomy works, was surprised to learn that I always wear my bag! She had never noticed it under my clothes despite looking for it for 3 years. So she assumed I could take it off sometimes. That made my day.

sunflowers
Reply to Little Lulu

When did you write this? Very interested to read this...dealing with these issues at present. Thanks, Sunny

Little Lulu
Reply to sunflowers

Sunflower, you can find my posting under "Perfect pants for ladies" in the forum, under my name, Little Lulu.

gisele76
Reply to Katiedid

Hi, the Ostomy Secrets underwear are great. I also found their stretchy jeans called Curve Appeal at TJMaxx. Good luck!