Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,431 members

Train Songs

Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:57 am
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

Abefroman1969 wrote:

Anything by Johnny Cash reminds me of a train, the way he plays his guitar just sounds like a locomotive to me! 

I ❤️ Johnny Cash. 

Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:50 am

Train by either 38 special or lenard skynrd

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,431 members

Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:56 am

ron in mich wrote:

👍🚂

Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:05 am

Another oldie  from the TV show - Six-Five Special (1958) - Soundtracks - IMDb
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051336/soundtrack
The Six-Five Special (uncredited) Written by Julian More and Johnny Johnston Theme song from the TV series played over main titles

Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:16 am

Bill wrote:

Another oldie  from the TV show - Six-Five Special (1958) - Soundtracks - IMDb
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051336/soundtrack
The Six-Five Special (uncredited) Written by Julian More and Johnny Joh...

Awesome!

Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:28 am

Bill wrote:

Lonnie Donegan is more my era, and I'm sure he had a few 'train' songs:

Rock Island line

This train

Cumberland gap

Wabash cannonball

Railroad Bill

We actually still use tracks that used to be part of the old Rock Island line here.

Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:25 am

First off, City of New Orleans by Arlo Guthrie. Also Chattanooga Choo Choo by The Lennon Sisters (I think). And this one may be stretching it a bit but I think House of the Rising Sun by the Animals kinda fits due to the "one foot on the platform, the other foot on the train," line. 

Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:26 am

StPetie wrote:

First off, City of New Orleans by Arlo Guthrie. Also Chattanooga Choo Choo by The Lennon Sisters (I think). And this one may be stretching it a bit but I think House of the Rising Sun by the Animal...

LOve all of them! 😊

Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:18 pm

HenryM wrote:

I'm curious what you think of the film 'Unstoppable' about a runaway train.  Very exciting, but probably not realistic, I suppose.

Is that the one with Denzel in it?  If he's in it, I don't care if it's realistic or not!

Terry

Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:26 pm

delgrl525 wrote:

Is that the one with Denzel in it?  If he's in it, I don't care if it's realistic or not!

Terry

😂 

Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:54 pm

Runaway Train by Soul Asylum (but I don't think the lyrics are anything to do with a train!)  One of my faves from the 90's.

Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:13 pm

Midnight Train to Georgia always reminds of that Will & Grace episode!

Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:34 pm

and just remembered Morning Train (9-5) by Sheena Easton! 

Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:24 am

ron in mich wrote:

Actually it was done by Blackfoot

Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:20 pm

"Train Song" by Vashti Bunyan. A vocalist way ahead of her time when she recorded this in the 60's. 

Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:08 pm

Hear My Train A Comin by Jimi Hendrix

Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:32 am

I’m very (very very) late to this, but I wanted to add a few (I only stumbled on this site and created my account yesterday!). This isn’t train songs, so much as very-punny-but-not-funny titles. Sorry in advance. You have been warned 😂:

It’s Train-ing Men (The Weather Girls, but I only know the Geri Halliwell cover)
What Makes Choo-Choo Beautiful (One Direction)
What Does It Always Train On Me? (Travis)
Purple Train (Prince)
Wish Choo-Choo Were Here (Pink Floyd)
Love The Way Choo-Choo Lie (Eminem ft Rihanna)

Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:24 am

Meadow Snow wrote:

I’m very (very very) late to this, but I wanted to add a few (I only stumbled on this site and created my account yesterday!). This isn’t train songs, so much as very-punny-but-not-funny titles...

I do love a pun but whether (?weather) its training men or raining men it's gotta be the weather girls over the ginger spice girl!

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.