Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
28,362 members
Next >

Can I still be in the “Cool Kids” club?

This is the best website for people with an Ostomy. So much understanding.

RaenotRay wrote:

Clint,

I feel so normal now. 😅 I've had 4 abdominal surgeries so far. My tummy is a hot mess, but honestly doesn't bother me too much. Although my bellybutton does point to the left now...

Mine was a nightmare, not the surgery but my intestines did not start working for close to 3 weeks and a large portion of that in ICU.  The surgery itself was no worse that colostomy procedure, painful yes but manageable.  My belly button pointed to the right and caused minor infections of my midline scar.  I sure don't miss it at all.  I am glad I waited several months as my incision looked ok when I first talked to plastic surgery but got worse over time. My dr was glad we waited because what she would have done early on would not have lasted over time.  We had to be more aggressive for a good result.  I am happy with my outcome!

best of luck

clint

let me know if you have any specific questions!

Hi Rae,  I have no advice to offer on your upcoming surgery, but I wish you all the best and hope it's a success.  You are a lifetime member for sure, and you better stick around!  We want to know how things work out for you, but you will also have advice for other ostomates in the future, being someone who has lived the experience.  I agree with Axl, you are one of the good ones, can't afford to lose you!

Keep us posted and tons of good luck and good vibes being sent your way!

Terry

MeetAnOstoMate - 28,362 members

RaenotRay wrote:

I'm definitely staying, and I can't wait for our adventures! One day we'll look back and laugh at all these early conversations. ❤️🌻💕🦩💩🥰😘

It will be fun to read these in a year or so! LOL ❤️🌻💕🦩💩🥰😘

delgrl525 wrote:

Hi Rae,  I have no advice to offer on your upcoming surgery, but I wish you all the best and hope it's a success.  You are a lifetime member for sure, and you better stick around!  We want to kn...

Terry, 

Thank you for the sweet response. I love this amazing group, and I wanted to stick around. You are one definitely one of the good ones too! ❤️

-Rae

Hi Rae, pray everything goes well and you have a speedy recovery. I hope you do stay with us and let us know how it goes. There will probably be people that can be helped with your post about everything.

not sure why i'm only seeing this now. but hope everything worked out! :)

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.