Busy Babysitting Weekend

Replies
Views
RaenotRay

Hi friends!

I've tried to pop on a few times and catch up on all the fun. I've been babysitting every day since arriving home from Georgia, and the babies are keeping me busy. Since I can't post the picture here, I'm including one of my grandson in my profile. The perfect illustration of how my weekend is going so far. How about y'all?

-Rae

Past Member

Hi Rae!

Your grandson is super cute! Yum, diaper cream! LOL My weekend is great so far...worked today. Just going to chill tonight with my critters. Maybe find a movie to watch.

Hopefully you will get a break soon? Sally

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,450 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

RaenotRay

I air-fried broccoli and jalapeƱos to snack on. We're sharing, of course.

AlexT

Remember. You told me to check out your profile.

AlexT

Ok, so I looked at your pics. My question, why is Grandma taking pics of the baby putting diaper cream on their face instead of stopping it from happening?

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
RaenotRay
Reply to AlexT

I'm surprised you had time with all the girls you're wining and dining.

RaenotRay
Reply to AlexT

It's Mama's job to stop them right away. Grandma's know how important evidence is. Pics or it didn't happen.

AlexT
Reply to RaenotRay

I am? I should probably know about this stuff.

AlexT
Reply to RaenotRay

We're on the same page there. If my kids are around, it's not my fault or responsibility to stop their kids from getting into or doing what they do. Also, homie don't do diapers anymore.

xnine

Zoom meeting at 7:00 otherwise a nothing day.

AlexT
Reply to xnine

Can I join in? I bet I can lead it in another direction within 5 minutes.

RaenotRay
Reply to AlexT

You definitely should. You'll have one too many dates to Applebee's if you're not careful.

RaenotRay
Reply to xnine

Sometimes a nothing day is just what one needs.

RaenotRay
Reply to AlexT

I still do it all, but I'm enjoying it. I was worried about being "perfect" when my babies were little. Now I worry about loving them perfectly. Unconditionally, exactly where they are. It's pretty easy to do.

xnine
Reply to AlexT

I think you need to be a member of Calgary Ostomy Society. The topic is skin conditions. If something interesting comes up, I will post it here.

AlexT
Reply to xnine

Oh. I guess Canadian ostomies are different than USA ones.

Past Member
Reply to xnine

I'm a member of the Fredericton Ostomy Society. I'm actually the secretary. We just had our Zoom meeting Tuesday night. We will continue Zoom meetings until June and then we are planning a big outside BBQ to kick off the summer.

xnine
Reply to AlexT

Yes, they tattoo a little maple leaf on them.

Past Member
Reply to xnine

Oh! Canada!

RaenotRay
Reply to xnine

That sounds terrible.

AlexT
Reply to RaenotRay

Better than making their stomas look like maple leaves.

RaenotRay
Reply to AlexT

True.

Abefroman1969

I went candlepin bowling with my caretaker. He had never been or seen it in real life. We did this on Friday. We only bowled one string and were absolutely destroyed, but we were able to have bowling alley pizza and a Hawaiian Punch. The last two days have been attempting to get my energy back while weaning off the pain pills. My caretaker goes back to TX on Monday. It's gonna be nice to have my house to myself again, but I'll miss the company and the help. At least I'll be able to clean out the fridge and cut down on my PTSD from having a full fridge. I just hate watching food go bad.

Past Member
Reply to Abefroman1969

I love bowling... not very good at it but we always have lots of laughs! My sis and I went recently and didn't even know how to keep score. We asked the young fellas beside us. They were real nice about helping us but probably thought "someone come get your mothers!". LOL Good luck with being on your own again. My sister stayed with me awhile after my surgery, now I'm by myself. I do miss her bunches.

RaenotRay
Reply to Abefroman1969

That sounds like great fun, Paul! Make sure to wean down pain meds as needed. If you still have pain, you need to keep it covered so you can heal.
It will probably be a bit lonely at first, but you have all of us if anything comes up.
The fridge thing made me laugh. My Mama was always bringing things to fill the fridge. I'd give anything to have her walk through the front door laden with things we don't need.

-Rae

RaenotRay
Reply to Anonymous

Haha, I can just see the two of you.

Earth Angel

Other than packing to move soon and dog sitting 4 dogs, I'm relaxing today. Took a ride to the ocean to reflect. I have a brain MRI and a chest abdomen pelvis CT scan coming up on April 3rd with results and oncology visit on the 6th so I'm terrified. I haven't been on chemo since October so it's super anxiety provoking waiting to hear news. If any of you pray, please think of me with good, positive results. I appreciate it. I have plans to see Melissa Etheridge in April and Keith Urban in July as well as a bunch of fun things planned all summer long. I'll be able to breathe once I get good news!

AlexT
Reply to Earth Angel

Wish you the best. Finally decided to move to the Good Life... Nebraska? I go in for my 1-year MRI scan and blood work tomorrow. It does wear on a person. If you need anything, just let me know.

Past Member
Reply to Earth Angel

I will keep you in my prayers, EA. Sending love and light your way. Reach out if you need anything. (((Hugs)))

Abefroman1969
Reply to RaenotRay

I was okay with it until my TPN got taken out and put into a cooler. Then I was like, "Dude, there are seriously only two of us here and it really gives me PTSD to have a fridge that full. For the last couple of years, every time the fridge has been this full, it was followed up quickly by a long hospital stay, then coming home and having to clean out the fridge. It's real and it really stresses me out. Plus, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is with my TPN in a cooler? The whole reason I have a caretaker is because of all the medical stuff I have to do; my medicine stays in the fridge!"

I understand what you are saying. I'd give anything to have one more dinner or conversation with my mom, ANYTHING.