Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,430 members

If Feelings Could Talk

Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:35 am
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

I know since getting my ostomy (2 years ago) my feelings/emotions have been all over the place. Some days I feel good, like I can handle this 'new me/new life'. Other days I'm just a mess. How are you feeling today my friends? 🌻❤️🙂

Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:33 am

I just feel sick, going on 2 weeks now, seeing the surgeon on Monday, have my TPN nurse this morning then have to head to the lab for more tests. 
Sick and exhausted were not listed

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,430 members

Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:46 am

Abefroman1969 wrote:

I just feel sick, going on 2 weeks now, seeing the surgeon on Monday, have my TPN nurse this morning then have to head to the lab for more tests. 

Oh Paul, I am so sorry you are not well. 😟 I hope all goes well with your tests. Big big Hugs to you my friend. ❤️ Reach out if you need someone to talk with. 

Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:03 am

Abefroman1969 wrote:

I was on TPN for 14mths and it also made me tried and spiked my blood sugars ,but Im also a diabetic  So I wish you the best of luck and hope you feel better soon!!!🙏

Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:53 am

Rose Bud 🌹 wrote:

I was on TPN for 14mths and it also made me tried and spiked my blood sugars ,but Im also a diabetic  So I wish you the best of luck and hope you feel better soon!!!🙏

❤️

Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:14 am

Sorry to hear you feel so shitty Paul . I hope you get over this tough spot very soon .  Hang in there my friend ,  it will pass  ☘👍

Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:54 am

Pray you feel better soon.

Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:21 pm

Stub my toe might be telling me I need to swear.

Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:31 pm

xnine wrote:

Stub my toe might be telling me I need to swear.

🤦🏽‍♀️

Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:11 pm

Abefroman1969 wrote:

Sorry to hear you are feeling so crappy.  I hope your surgeon offers some relief next week.

Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:06 pm

A psychiatrist once told me I could be developing manic-depressive tendencies. That scared and alarmed me. I studied economics and business administration in the States not medicine and had no idea what it really meant, and assumed that only bad guys had it. I found out that those words describe people with mood swings. Most people have these ups and downs, especially when confronted by a life-threatening disorder. Never learned anything of value from that Doctor. It was a waste of time and money, and have never visited one with that specialty since. All those feelings you have listed happen to everyone, it is how you deal with them that counts in the long-run. Best wishes.  

Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:30 pm

Abefroman1969 wrote:

Paul,

I’m sorry you’re not feeling well. It’s tough when physically you’re not 100%. It’s especially draining when your other resources are tapped too. Emotionally, mentally, spiritually. You are still so close to the beginning of your journey, nothing has had a chance to settle in. I hope that you start feeling yourself soon, and have some tangible victories. I’m sending all the hugs your way. ❤️
-Rae

Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:31 pm

Miss Sally,

How are YOU feeling today? ❤️

-Rae

Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:19 pm

RaenotRay wrote:

Miss Sally,

How are YOU feeling today? ❤️

-Rae

Unf*ckwithable 😉🥰😎

Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:21 pm

bowsprit wrote:

A psychiatrist once told me I could be developing manic-depressive tendencies. That scared and alarmed me. I studied economics and business administration in the States not medicine and had no idea...

So true.

Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:57 pm

Anonymous wrote:

Unf*ckwithable 😉🥰😎

I love that!!! ❤️🦩🌻💕

Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:13 am

bowsprit wrote:

A psychiatrist once told me I could be developing manic-depressive tendencies. That scared and alarmed me. I studied economics and business administration in the States not medicine and had no idea...

Bowsprit,

I also refuse to see any one in that profession, I’ve had very similar experiences with them and consider them dangerous because if you say the wrong thing while they are asking for complete honesty they can have you committed to psych facility and being locked in one of those is worse than jail and you have less rights inside than you would in jail. It destroys any trust in that particular specialty. I know there are good compassionate ones out there but I’ve yet to find one. 

Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:26 am

Abefroman1969 wrote:

Blood work doesn’t look good, hoping to avoid being admitted, at least it’s the weekend so I know it won’t happen until at least Monday. Thanks every one for the kind words and prayers it means the world to me.

Paul

Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:29 am

Abefroman1969 wrote:

Blood work doesn’t look good, hoping to avoid being admitted, at least it’s the weekend so I know it won’t happen until at least Monday. Thanks every one for the kind words and prayers it mea...

❤️❤️❤️

Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:51 am

Abefroman1969 wrote:

Blood work doesn’t look good, hoping to avoid being admitted, at least it’s the weekend so I know it won’t happen until at least Monday. Thanks every one for the kind words and prayers it mea...

Get better soon. 

Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:28 am

AlexT wrote:

Get better soon. 

Thank you, really appreciate it Alex.

Did you see the story on the news about a Turkey in Massachusetts that got into a woman’s house up here yesterday, I instantly thought of you when I saw it, turkeys up here come to you apparently 

Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:46 am

Hi Abe , I think the trips back and forth to hospital  are the uaual for a lot of people . I knew every Nurse , cleaning crew , kitchen crew  etc etc  on a first name basis before a year was up . Dehydration was always a go to .  Digestion  not being the best etc . Usually they are just routine unless you have an underlying condition  and even then it's simply adjusting doses of medication to find the balance , as with Diabetes .

So I hope you are reaching the  " unfuckwithable  " ( great new word  !)  point  by now  ? ☘👍

All the best and when you feel bad don't hesitate to contact your hospital  , don't just sit worrying and wondering about how you feel .

Stay safe Dude  !!    ...Eamon ☘

Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:14 am

Rose Bud 🌹 wrote:

Thank you Rose Bud 🌹

The TPN would make me less tired if I did it during the day instead of overnight, I just don’t like carrying the bag around with me all day. 

Abe

aka

Paul

Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:25 am

Abefroman1969 wrote:

Thank you, really appreciate it Alex.

Did you see the story on the news about a Turkey in Massachusetts that got into a woman’s house up here yesterday, I instantly thought of you when I saw it,...

LOL. Didn’t see it but I don’t doubt it. For some reason during breeding season, the males get quite dumb. 🤷‍♂️😁

Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:56 pm

AlexT wrote:

LOL. Didn’t see it but I don’t doubt it. For some reason during breeding season, the males get quite dumb. 🤷‍♂️😁

Only during breeding season? 😁

Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:35 am

Hi Sally,  I love your graphic.  Did you see it, copy it/ or write it...  Profoun d,  and such common sense....   I feel all those feelings, sometimes all in one day..   I've ha d some complicated medical issues over the last 5 years, and it really changeed the way I functioned and saw t he world...   The ostomy. life with it, maintenance, travel, food was never an issue, and I just lived life...   But then things happened, and complications  made coping very difficult...   An d it hasn't ended...    Or....more to the fact, I don't let it end...     I replay every difficult situation , over and over,   until I can't sleep  .....   That's when it turned in to PTSD,  along with depression..   I worked throught the PTSD,  was in a lot of therapy to cope with the actual physical t herapy....and also isolated a lot....   and then came covid..   From an outgoing, enthusiastic, joy filled, person.......I became a  hermit, focused on " w hen I feel better".    I basically stopped living life/ or in my words..... losing days of my life due to the myriad of medical conditions..    As covid is lifting, and  I'm accepting my changes in health status,  I'm learning to appreciate what I can still do, rather than what I'm no longer able to do...    Am I happy?    Let's say,  I wwant to be happy.   Spring flowers make me happy..   No snow makes me happy.   no leaks, make me happy..   Seeing my granddaughter/    speaking to m y Aussie grandsons  make me happy...   Waking up each morning,  makes me happy...     That's my focus now.. How many things realy do " make me happy"...   My journey isn't over yet....   Best of luck to all..  M arsha

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.