Ostomy Memories of Time's Flight

In this discussion
Replies
Views
HenryM

IS IT REALLY APRIL ALREADY?  Can we stop and think about this for a moment?  Just when I thought I’d discovered a way to stop time, too.  I’m about 2/3 through ‘Bleak House’ by Charles Dickens, which is over nine hundred pages long.  When I’m immersed in that wonderful novel, time does seem to come to a halt.  I’m living with the sweet Esther Summerson, Jarndyce and Jarndyce in Chancery Court, and the secret of Lady Dedlock.  But then when I lay the book down and look up, it has gotten later.  “How did it get so late so soon?” Dr. Seuss asked.  I can’t stop it; I can’t even slow it down.  I can create the illusion that I have retarded the merciless pace of time, I can pretend that I have performed a little sidestep off the grinding millstone that just keeps turning over and over, but – after all – it is, in fact, April already.  The looming political catastrophes of our future are approaching reality, and digging in our heels won’t slow it down.  It is now just a few months before I turn eighty, and I’m not quite sure how I’m going to react on that fateful day.  The manager of the Dodgers has recklessly predicted that the team will win the next World Series.  Eighteen holes remain before a Masters champion is crowned.  Halfway around the world, a war churns on.  Am I dead, or has my watch stopped?  

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

I will need to know your exact birthday in order to plan your 80th Birthday Party Henry.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
lovely

Some days seem long then the next time you look at a calendar the whole week is gone.