Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,920 members

Let’s talk about music? :)

Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:11 am
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:15 am

I thought music would be a fun subject to talk about. I love how music touches people’s lives so differently. I’ll assign the first number. After you answer, assign the next person a number. I’ll check in after surgery and see how everything is going. I can’t wait to talk. The first number is 16. (Positive in honor of all the struggles to be had today. 😂

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,920 members
Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:25 am

#16 Positive song:  "Good Vibrations" by the Beach Boys.  Next number:  26

Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:54 am

I love this Rae! ❤️❤️❤️ You will have to share how you posted it with other iPhone users! 😄

Number 26) Song I like to dance to: Zac Brown Band - Chicken Fried 🤠

Next up is Number 1) your favorite song right now 🤩

Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:33 am

#1) Don’t Blink.   Next up….#22 😁

Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:31 pm

Beatles "Komm gib mir Hand"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qAazPVLONM

next 11

Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:36 pm

#11…My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry. Next, #9

Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:18 pm

Number 9: Song you want to see live..... Is there anybody out there? - Pink Floyd

Next number:-  20:  An under-rated song

Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:42 pm

20 - An underrated song: "Thank U" by Alanis Morissette

Next - 14: A romantic song.

Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:03 pm

14:  A romantic song:  "Your Song" by Elton John

Next - 23:  Last song you listened to

Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:05 am

The last song I listened to: Hakuna Matata. We got an Alexis recently, and my grandson yells along with Hakuna Matata every night.😂

Next up: 21, a song you know all the words to. 😁

Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:40 pm

#21 - I know the lyrics to Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers by ZZ Top. Next up #18 - a song you recommend.

Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:28 pm

StPetie wrote:

#21 - I know the lyrics to Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers by ZZ Top. Next up #18 - a song you recommend.

Hmmm that's quite the song to know all the lyrics to. 😛LOL Speaks of your younger (wild) days? 😎😈🍻

18 - a song I recommend: Slaid Cleaves 'Broke Down'

Up next number 5: good song for road trips

Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:44 pm

Number 22. La vie en rose. Edith Piaf. Next#3.

Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:58 pm

Anonymous wrote:

Hmmm that's quite the song to know all the lyrics to. 😛LOL Speaks of your younger (wild) days? 😎😈🍻

Up next number 5: good song for ...

Was waiting for the road trip number Sal!

Number 5: Good song for road trips = Sweet Surrender by John Denver (or anything by John Denver for that matter!) 

And in line with bowsprit Next Number:  3 - Song by your favourite band 

Last edited by on Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:22 am

Hey rae! My music went prejudice. I'd rather just here the vibration of trances like drums or electro and just mute the vocals totally .. tho i did get a good laugh from "island boys" from YouTube. 

Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:

Up next number 5: good song for ...

Although I did raise some hell back in the day, sadly, I can't blame beer. I've always hated the stuff. But I still love the song almost 50 years later.

2 Thumbs up on your Slaid Cleaves suggestion!

Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:08 pm

StPetie wrote:

Although I did raise some hell back in the day, sadly, I can't blame beer. I've always hated the stuff. But I still love the song almost 50 years later.

2 Thumbs up on your Slaid Cleaves suggestion!

Awesome! I met Slaid in Maine in the 90's when I lived there. I think he is originally from Maine. Fell in love with his sound and have listened to him ever since.

I love discovering new artists! Any suggestions? 😊  

Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:49 pm

#28 Song I like to sing - Behind Blue Eyes, The Who, Carry on My Wayward Son, Kansas and Tiny Dancer, Elton John. Really couldn’t decide on one because there are so many songs.

Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:17 pm

Quick note here: 

A deceased friend of mine said he went to a ted nugent concert in terre haute indiana back in the 70s and he spit on him! I dont know if it was intentionally or just by accident? Lol

Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:18 am

Anonymous wrote:

Quick note here: 

A deceased friend of mine said he went to a ted nugent concert in terre haute indiana back in the 70s and he spit on him! I dont know if it was intentionally or just by accident...

I'd believe it!  Just like Ozzie biting the head off a bat (even though he claimed he thought it was plastic, LOL!), a lot of weird and crazy shite happened on (and off) stage in the 70's.

All I remember of Ted Nugent is hearing him thunder through my bedroom wall because big bro was a fan (as well as a fan of Jethro Tull and Black Sabbath, it's a wonder I wasn't scarred for life!)

Naturally enough I preferred the pretty boy glam rockers of the 70's "are you ready Steve"!

Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:27 am

Anonymous wrote:

I'd believe it!  Just like Ozzie biting the head off a bat (even though he claimed he thought it was plastic, LOL!), a lot of weird and crazy shite happened on (and off) stage in the 70's.

All I ...

There was more to the story, it was private lounge vip. I cant quite remember it all and will get back to this one later my internet is about to crash again...lol

Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:13 pm

Anonymous wrote:

Awesome! I met Slaid in Maine in the 90's when I lived there. I think he is originally from Maine. Fell in love with his sound and have listened to him ever since.

I love discovering new artists! ...

Give these sisters a listen. I think you'll enjoy them. They're called Larkin Poe.  https://youtube/ZXQQEK81BAk

Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:51 pm

StPetie wrote:

Give these sisters a listen. I think you'll enjoy them. They're called Larkin Poe.  https://youtube/ZXQQEK81BAk

Thanks! I actually heard of them through Playing For Change. Good stuff. 👍 

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:23 am

RaenotRay wrote:

I thought music would be a fun subject to talk about. I love how music touches people’s lives so differently. I’ll assign the first number. After you answer, assign the next person a nu...

Feel like making love.. bad company

Sat May 14, 2022 3:02 pm

bowsprit wrote:

Number 22. La vie en rose. Edith Piaf. Next#3.

Great song Bowsprit.  I think it was sung beautifully by Caterina Valenti.

Mike

Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:52 am

Times like these - acoustic version !

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.