When did you get your ostomy?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses when individuals got their ostomy and the experiences they had during that time.
Meadow Snow
Reply to icedcrystaltrio

Welcome, Icedcrystaltrio! And welcome to your Star Wars stoma as well!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

S CAT

January 13, 1992

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Toolum63

February 2022

RaenotRay
Reply to icedcrystaltrio

Welcome to the club! I hope you're healing well and getting things figured out. It takes a lot in the beginning. On a side note, I wondered how you came up with your name? My mama sold Partylite years ago, and there were a set of candle holders called the "Iced Crystal Trio".

NOLA Lady
Reply to Anonymous

Wow, you had an amazing surgeon.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
NOLA Lady
Reply to Fritzj

You were 1 year old? Gosh, that's incredible.

knobby

October 2017. Not too many problems. But, occasionally, the poop is stronger than the barrier!

You'd had yours long enough to know all the pluses and minuses. When the doc first told me what was going to happen, I was sad (for 5 minutes). However, I immediately accepted it as part of the new me. I don't think it's a big plus. However, I'm happy as hell that I never again have to use a gas station toilet!!!

Hope you have or will accept it. That is until science comes up with a way for us to reverse it - not in my lifetime.