Ostomy-Friendly Dance Tips & Inspiring Interview

Replies
Views
SallyK

I haven't been out dancing since I started my ostomy journey (Nov 2019 started chemo, radiation, surgery, recovery) and I used to love to dance! There is a dance next Saturday I want to go to, so I was doing some searches to make sure all is okay for that type of activity.

I also want to learn belly dancing and found this very inspirational interview. Thought I would share.

AlexT

She wiggles well. I saw a picture of a model last night that was pretty inspirational too. So, what kind of dancing is this dance?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

SallyK
Reply to AlexT

She does! And I hope to also wiggle that well soon!

The dance I am going to is just a regular type dance... Should be fun. People are so ready to socialize in person once again. LOL

Mr.Heart2Win

You can most absolutely learn belly dancing. It is videos like this, actually of some teenage girls that had these amazing videos, I stopped feeling bad about this and my recovery started to now where I enjoy everything, have great personal relationships, gave me a new life, full of wonder and dreams. Learn things, that is how I meet people, and start by finding and sharing things of any kind, any interest. This is the way to make relationships work, if you dance like you've never danced before, that is contagious. Enjoy life, it really is short and each minute counts, good for you!

SallyK
Reply to Mr.Heart2Win

Thanks, I couldn't agree more.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Mayoman

Don't try the Limbo Sally...your baggie might get stuck

SallyK
Reply to Mayoman

LOL Eamon! Only you would think of that!

Rose Bud 🌹

I can teach you to belly dance, Sally. I just won't wear the cute outfit anymore and I move a lot slower now due to my midline scar, but I still can do it surprisingly.

SallyK
Reply to Rose Bud 🌹

That's wonderful, Rosebud! Something I have been wanting to do for years. I am looking for someone local. I think for me at this point it is also for the socialization. LOL I have been so isolated, I need to be around people now.

Rose Bud 🌹

I know the feeling and you know things I've told you. I just want whatever normal life is for me again! Hugs from across the way.

SallyK
Reply to Rose Bud 🌹

Hugs right back at ya, sista.

AlexT

Video or it didn't happen.

SallyK
Reply to AlexT

LOL I knew that was coming. Good thing I ordered my belly dance hip scarf tonight. Want to look pretty for the camera.

Meadow Snow
Reply to SallyK

You go girl! Cheering you on from across the pond

SallyK
Reply to Meadow Snow

Thanks, Meadow! I might just need it!

Mayoman
Reply to SallyK

Not to worry, I could hold you baggie down, like a gentleman!!

Mayoman

I want to see you do the belly dance, Sally.

SallyK
Reply to Mayoman

You are so sweet. I wish there were gentlemen here in NB just like you.

SallyK
Reply to Mayoman

LOL, you never know... I could get very brave and actually post one.

Mayoman
Reply to SallyK

Is that a proposal SallyLOL.. You'll have to get the ring, I'm broke.. LOL. You seem to be a fair bit south of Mayo... the weather is probably better there and I actually do like a bit of snow for my photography!! Unless it gets to be more than three feet! The rent couldn't be any worse than Cal or Ireland!!1

Mayoman

I was actually told a true story that I was too nice!! She was from Queens, NY, so was a bit of a tough NY girl. Sooo cute but only 22, so didn't see the advantage of having a "nice guy"... who would never be nasty to her. She hadn't lived long enough to know the truth about "bad boys". Magoo

SallyK
Reply to Mayoman

LOL I don't like rings anyways. My house is rent-free. You must love dogs... and a kitty.

SallyK
Reply to Mayoman

Well, I think 'nice guys' can be 'bad boys' when needed. LOL "Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side." And the colored girls go "Doo do doo do doo do do doo..."

Mayoman

LOL... Now you've got it... she didn't see the Naughty Magoo, my alter ego. I guess she didn't push the right buttons, Sally.

AlexT

Geez, I'm blushing for you two.

SallyK
Reply to AlexT

LOL, I think meaning is sometimes lost in the translation from Irish to Canadian.

AlexT
Reply to SallyK

I'm pretty sure we all know what's about to happen. I can get my out if you need pictures.

SallyK
Reply to AlexT

LOL, I would love to see your artwork, Alex.

AlexT
Reply to SallyK

Shall I post it on here, you might be a tad bit embarrassed.

SallyK
Reply to AlexT

If you are that good of an artist, maybe I need a sneak peek first before you go public.