Get Ready for Flip Flobsters: The Hottest Trend of the Summer!

Replies
Views
SallyK

All the rage this summer!

AlexT

He has 2 different socks on. I wish I could wear flip flops whatevers.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

SallyK
Reply to AlexT

LOL, you would totally rock them!

Mayoman

You need matching socks, Alex!!

I'm wondering if I can eat them after?!

Will they swim away if I go paddling in the waves!?

Too many unknowns about this new technology?

SallyK
Reply to Mayoman

LOL, you will totally rock them too, Magoo! Rock Lobster!

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Mayoman

I can wear almost anything... I'm already a bit strange so the neighbors wouldn't even notice a pair of lobsters on my feet. The cats might present a problem though!?... Pied Piper of Ireland... Meow... with Fairy Sally in tow.

Magoo

Past Member

Croc Lobsters?!

Thongs not as good as the song!

Justbreathe

Wouldn't touch those with a 10-foot claw!

Mayoman
Reply to SallyK

"Yeaaaa.. Baby.....".. I love lobster in any form but only if edible!!

Mayoman
Reply to Justbreathe

Grabbing the low hanging fruit there...!

HenryM

Aside from the non-matching socks, he's totally missing the point by even wearing socks with these things.

bowsprit
Reply to HenryM

Socks don't belong there or with shorts. Italians do not wear them with casual footwear and they know a thing or two about such things.

SallyK

I am totally guilty of wearing socks with my Birks in the cooler weather... big fluffy socks in the winter.

SallyK
Reply to Justbreathe

bowsprit
Reply to SallyK

Nice.

Mayoman
Reply to SallyK

My... My Sally.... another Birkenstock-wearing tree hugger!! Commie (not really)!! Twinkletoes!!! And proud of it.

I wear socks at the beach... the sandpaper effect on my delicate baby soft toes makes the socks an essential element of the sophisticated look.

Mayoman
Reply to SallyK

Are they your very own Birks and little feet, Sally... very cute Magoo

SallyK
Reply to Mayoman

I started wearing Birks when I was pregnant with my son (30 years ago) and haven't stopped. At the time, they were the only footwear that helped with my lower back. Now, I am on my feet all day and again, they are the only footwear that does not leave me with an aching lower back.

AlexT
Reply to SallyK

You put shoes on your back for pain relief? Maybe you mean someone was wearing them and walked on your back and they felt good. However, I'd think being pregnant, that person would feel like they were on a teeter-totter.

Past Member
Reply to SallyK

Haters gonna hate, you rock those socks and Birkenstocks!

Mayoman

When your instep gets sunburned, those socks are a required item. I wore them in a pic by a pool and never heard the end of it! Sand at the beach also requires socks... like sandpaper on my delicate toes... OUCH! Also, in the very cold and damp (98% cold humidity, gets into your bones!!) Irish winter, I wear leggings under my jeans. They keep a nice toasty layer of warm air next to my skin. Long johns are too loose and irritating. I once recycled an old pair from Kitty and cut the top part off, just above the crotch. Pull it up to the belly button and the baggie is nice and snug under it. This part makes a great "security blanket" for my baggie when swimming. It's flexible enough to expand and stretch when my baggie starts to inflate without having a "pancake" disaster on my hands! Anything else I used caused pancaking and blowouts. Sometimes you have to throw caution/convention to the wind... Sally rocks those socks! Let's see the Christmas socks!?

bowsprit
Reply to Anonymous

Philippe Philoppe is a good advertisement for not wearing socks with sandals. A fashionista once told me never to wear a blue tie with a blue suit. It doesn't look right, just like socks with Bermuda shorts don't. Knee-length white stockings with white shorts and a white shirt with epaulettes like British naval officers wore in the tropics look nice.

AlexT

Wear what you want, who gives a flying F on what others think.

SallyK
Reply to AlexT

I love that attitude!

bowsprit

There was a bestseller called 'Looking After Number One'. I don't remember the name of the author, but he made a big fuss over one incident. He was throwing a party and serving champagne but in paper cups. His girlfriend, who was classier than him, suggested that you do not serve champagne in paper cups. He blew up over that. It was his party, he was paying for it, and he will do as he pleases. To hell with anybody who thinks differently. This was offered as a prime example of looking after #1! An oaf willing to spend money on serving champagne but not on the glass in which to serve it. The caterer provides the glasses anyway.

AlexT

I'm surprised nobody who has special powers to post videos on here has posted the video/song of socks and flip flops.

SallyK
Reply to AlexT

I don't know that song...

AlexT
Reply to SallyK

It would be kinda odd if you did.

SallyK
Reply to AlexT

Is it by the Super Furry Animals? "White Socks Flip Flops"

AlexT
Reply to SallyK

I was thinking of So Random socks and sandals, but that one is weird too.