Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,891 members

Flip Flobsters

Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:09 pm
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

AlexT wrote:

I was thinking of So Random socks and sandals but that one is weird too

Who knew there would be more than one! 😂

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:35 pm

AlexT wrote:

Wear what you want, who gives a flying F on what others think. 

Amen to that Alex! 😂 🤣 

and here's your song... 🩴 🧦 👡

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,891 members
Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:59 am

~jo~ wrote:

Amen to that Alex! 😂 🤣 

and here's your song... 🩴 🧦 👡

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This world would be a sad place if everybody did not give a flying f to what others think and claimed their own view was the right one. Apart from being a crude expression it discourages constructive discussion on any subject.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:49 am

Worrying about what other's think stifles creativity  and independent  thought  and I think the expresseion  , not giving a F**k  describes perfectly the reaction to the suggestion of  limiting that creativity and individualism . San Francisco is the epitome of individual creativity , it's everyplace you go .  Fear of being " out of step"  in SF is not a " Thing"  ,  most people are out of step with Convention . People wear every "popular"  item from every Era and some things that could be from outer space !!  

In Ireland you would be shocked to hear the words that come from little old ladies at the bus stop !!   In a famous court case regarding  City Planning corruption in Dublin . The City Planner was literally close to 90 years old . When asked if he got a receipt for a Planning Bribe from a Developer his answer was ........."Did  I   F**K " ..( of couse I didn't ) " . Swear words are use for emphasis  ...it's the same as using Italics  when writing . They are just words that can emphasize any emotion depending on  the inflection in your voice . The  "Cu.."  word is not  a big deal and is used the same way ..." come over here ya ould C***  , haven't seen you in ages "  or in a negative way ... " I'll ffng  kill that C*** " . ( just Talk usually) . It expresses anger without actually killing someone !!  Or Joy  depending on the context !! 

So  the concept of  "Crude " is also in the eye of the beholder . Using the " C"  word in the US  is one word that will either get your face slapped or ( a guy )  get a punch in the nose !!    I like the Irish attitude better ...words are just a means of expressing our feelings and emotions  and just as important  letting off  steam ...steam of Joy or Fear  or Anger .  You have to know the conventions in your particular context and the Country you are in  . This is an International Forum so don't be surprised if you read things that may be Unconventional  in your  particular  Culture or Country . 

Anyway ...I try very hard Not to give  a  F**k  what other's think  about me or what I wear  or eat etc etc  ....lighten up Bow  !! 😜...all in good fun !! 🙂☘.  I wear socks when my feet are sunburned or getting "sandpapered"  at the beach and I don't give a F**K  what anyone thinks , they're My Feet !!  ...the F word simply  emphasizes  my individual  choice , like putting the word " my " in Italics . No need to be offended .🙂☘

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:27 am

Mayoman wrote:

Worrying about what other's think stifles creativity  and independent  thought  and I think the expresseion  , not giving a F**k  describes perfectly the reaction to the suggestion of  limiti...

Like you said it is all in good fun, Magoo. Not offended at all by you or anyone else. Actually, it is hilarious all that colourful language. However, does the frequent use of that four-letter word add to the clarity of whatever one is trying to describe or express or is it commonly used when the user has run out of other suitable words? It does wake up people, all those not not paying attention start listening. The S- word is even more attention grabbing, closely followed by the C-word. Your comments are always entertaining, keep them coming. Best wishes.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:15 pm

bowsprit wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This world would be a sad place if everybody did not give a flying f to what others think and claimed their own view was the right one. Apart from being a...

The F word is subjective and open to interpretation.   Not sure what word you're referring to but I thought the expression was flying fig. 😉

Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:06 am

~jo~ wrote:

The F word is subjective and open to interpretation.   Not sure what word you're referring to but I thought the expression was flying fig. 😉

Ok. That explains it all. What's in a word anyway. " A rose by any other name would............."

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:09 am

LOL  Jo !! 😜. In Ireland when in sensitive company you would say .  " Sure Feck it , isn't it good enough for you " ...could be Mom telling child ... " your coat  looks fine , sure it's  only 20 years old , you'll knock another school year out of it !! " .  Eyes rolling to Heaven for Salvation !!! 

" Feck"  is the polite Irish version .  " Fig " is the polite English version . ☘😜

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.