Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
27,789 members
Next >

Morning all…..

Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:17 am
"MeetAnOstoMate is the best website for people with an Ostomy. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

Hi I’m Andy from Dudley in the UK. 

I accidentally found this site and I am pleased I did, I’ve felt like I am the only person in the world with a Stoma and now I can see there are others just like me, can’t wait to meet you all 😊

Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:07 am

Hiya, Andy from Dudley.  Welcome aboard.  You're now surrounded  by people with stomas, so you're not quite as unique as you once thought.  Stay well.

MeetAnOstoMate - 27,789 members
Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:36 am

HenryM wrote:

Hiya, Andy from Dudley.  Welcome aboard.  You're now surrounded  by people with stomas, so you're not quite as unique as you once thought.  Stay well.

Thanks Henry, nice to meet you 👍

Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:42 am

Welcome Andy, 

You’ve found the right spot to be, I’ve only been here for about 7 months but find it a very supportive and honest bunch, you are definitely surrounded by people that know and understand what you are going and will go through.

Careful with Henry, his writings and musings are addictive and funny often times with a lesson, he’s how I start my day with his Ostomy Memories of series!

Abe

aka

Paul

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:54 am

Good Morning Andy welcome to the site if you have any questions someone on here is sure to help answer them.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:56 am

Good afternoon Andy, welcome to the site we are great bunch from different parts of the world. XX 

Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:03 am

Morning Andy from Nova Scotia  Canada....You are definitely not alone....

Enjoy this awesome group we are all in the same type of boat, we either own a canoe to yachts 😆 🤣...

Happy Sunday

Your Homie with a Stomie 

Tracy

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:07 am

Homie With A Stomie NS wrote:

Morning Andy from Nova Scotia  Canada....You are definitely not alone....

Enjoy this awesome group we are all in the same type of boat, we either own a canoe to yachts 😆 🤣...

Happy Sunday

Hello homie, great to hear from you ♥️👍

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:08 am

Caz67 wrote:

Good afternoon Andy, welcome to the site we are great bunch from different parts of the world. XX 

Thanks Caz, great to hear from you, I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone but I got to get my head around how the site works….so sorry if I miss anything 👍😊

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:12 am

ron in mich wrote:

Good Morning Andy welcome to the site if you have any questions someone on here is sure to help answer them.

Thanks Ron,

I’ve been to Michigan, that’s where Detroit is yes?,

good to hear from you 

Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:48 pm

HenryM wrote:

We're all unique. Just like everyone else ;) 

Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:52 pm

Hi Andy, 

I'm six months new. You'll find so much helpful information from genuinely nice people. Think you'll like it here! 

Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:01 pm

Hi and welcome. 😀

Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:00 pm

Hello Andy.

Welcome!

I've been on here a while and tend to participate as and when I have something to contribute. Often that comes in the form of rhyming verse, so it's not everyone's cup of tea. 

Best wishes

Bill 

Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:33 pm

Welcome Andy!  This is a great bunch, lots of knowledge, support, and some laughs too.  Also, remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question and you can ask about anything.  We have probably heard it all!

Terry

Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:17 am

Andy ileostomy wrote:

Thanks Ron,

I’ve been to Michigan, that’s where Detroit is yes?,

good to hear from you 

Hi Andy your right thats where detroit is but i live about 400 some miles north of detroit whats calle the upper penninsula of michigan.

Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:26 am

Welcome Andy!! It’s always nice to make new friends- especially us ostomates! Hope you find comfort in knowing there are so many of us and we’re all here for ya!

😇

Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:32 pm

Welcome, this site has a lot of good information.

Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:20 pm

welcome! 

Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:37 pm

Hi and welcome Andy.

Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:42 am

Andy, this group is a wealth of information. My husband has an ileostomy.  Believe me, they are a wealth of information, helpful hints and reassurance that what you're going thru is normal. His ostomy nurse in the hospital suggested finding an group. So glad I did. I'm a retired nurse so I certainly knew some things about an ostomy and it didn't scare me, as I have to do his care because he had a prior stroke. But this group is living it and have helped me more than I ever imagined. 

Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:11 am

Hi Andy! Welcome!  This is a great group of folks that come with help, humor and questions!  You will definitely enjoy it.  

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.