Finding Support: Embracing Life with a Stoma

Replies
Views
Andy ileostomy

Hi, I'm Andy from Dudley in the UK.

I accidentally found this site and I am pleased I did. I've felt like I am the only person in the world with a stoma, and now I can see there are others just like me. Can't wait to meet you all.

HenryM

Hiya, Andy from Dudley.  Welcome aboard.  You're now surrounded  by people with stomas, so you're not quite as unique as you once thought.  Stay well.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,454 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Andy ileostomy
Reply to HenryM

Thanks, Henry. Nice to meet you.

Abefroman1969

Welcome Andy,

You've found the right spot to be. I've only been here for about 7 months, but I find it a very supportive and honest bunch. You are definitely surrounded by people who know and understand what you are going and will go through.

Careful with Henry, his writings and musings are addictive and funny, often times with a lesson. He's how I start my day with his "Ostomy Memories" series!

Abe

aka

Paul

ron in mich

Good morning Andy, welcome to the site. If you have any questions, someone on here is sure to help answer them.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Caz67

Good afternoon Andy, welcome to the site. We are a great bunch from different parts of the world. XX

Homie With A Stomie NS

Morning Andy from Nova Scotia, Canada....You are definitely not alone....

Enjoy this awesome group. We are all in the same type of boat, whether we own a canoe or a yacht.

Happy Sunday.

Your Homie with a Stomie.

Tracy.

Andy ileostomy
Reply to Homie With A Stomie NS

Hello, homie. Great to hear from you ♥

Andy ileostomy
Reply to Caz67

Thanks Caz, great to hear from you. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, but I have to get my head around how the site works....so sorry if I miss anything.

Andy ileostomy
Reply to ron in mich

Thanks, Ron,

I've been to Michigan. That's where Detroit is, yes?

Good to hear from you.

WhirledPeas
Reply to HenryM

We're all unique. Just like everyone else ;)

WhirledPeas

Hi Andy,

I'm six months new. You'll find so much helpful information from genuinely nice people. Think you'll like it here!

SallyK

Hi and welcome.

Bill

Hello Andy.

Welcome!

I've been on here a while and tend to participate as and when I have something to contribute. Often that comes in the form of rhyming verse, so it's not everyone's cup of tea. 

Best wishes

Bill 

TerryLT

Welcome Andy! This is a great bunch, lots of knowledge, support, and some laughs too. Also, remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question and you can ask about anything. We have probably heard it all!

Terry

ron in mich
Reply to Andy ileostomy

Hi Andy, you're right. That's where Detroit is, but I live about 400 some miles north of Detroit. What's called the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Earth Angel

Welcome Andy!! It's always nice to make new friends - especially us ostomates! Hope you find comfort in knowing there are so many of us and we're all here for you!

lovely

Welcome, this site has a lot of good information.

Past Member

Welcome!

#Highlyfavored

Hi and welcome, Andy.

Doe1mama

Andy, this group is a wealth of information. My husband has an ileostomy. Believe me, they are a wealth of information, helpful hints, and reassurance that what you're going through is normal. His ostomy nurse in the hospital suggested finding a group. So glad I did. I'm a retired nurse, so I certainly knew some things about an ostomy, and it didn't scare me, as I have to do his care because he had a prior stroke. But this group is living it and has helped me more than I ever imagined.

Little Stinker

Hi Andy! Welcome! This is a great group of folks that come with help, humor, and questions! You will definitely enjoy it.