Ostomy Memories of Overspill

In this discussion
Replies
Views
HenryM

SOMETIMES I FEAR there is overflow between the various compartments of my brain.  Little leaks open up, the walls weaken in places, and ego comingles with memory, there is an intrusive trickle of imagination, the emotional holding tanks of pride and desire contribute rivulets into the mix, self-doubt blows almost imperceptible gusts of soft dust over it all, and I am left to wonder about the accuracy of what I write.  "I never know," Bette Midler once said, "how much of what I say is true."  As a younger professional, my task was often to enhance certain aspects of my story, if I could do so without lying or violating ethical constraints.  But now, senescent retiree that I am, my interest often focuses upon simply being interesting or entertaining.  In any event, if I occasionally tell you that I meet golem or dead people, bear with me.  I'm not having a mental breakdown; it's just content overspill.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello HenryM.

One of the great things about writing in rhyming verse is that there is a recognised concept of ‘poetic licence’. This allows for most of the things you mention as being perfectly acceptable and indeed, as far as the emotional perspective, it is positively encouraged. As for being interesting or entertaining, this surely has to have as much to do with the audience as the performer. 

I always enjoy your renditions, so you have at least one appreciative member of your audience, and I hope you continue for many years to come.

Best wishes

Bill  

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Justbreathe

Henry and Bill - A thunderous applause to both of you for my morning entertainment!

TerryLT
Reply to Justbreathe

I second that motion!