Favorite Albums & Concerts - Share Yours!

Replies
Views
eefyjig
Reply to Bees

Acoustic and electric!

eefyjig

Oh boy, Alex, I hope the way that I said that didn't come across weird. I just meant that fans call them, "HFT." I'm so used to it.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Dagger

I like a lot of the bands y'all have mentioned! If I had to pick a favorite, it just might be Nine Inch Nails because I grew up on Pretty Hate Machine and Trent is a musical genius. It definitely depends on the mood, and the older I get, the more I seem to enjoy "old people music."

Dagger
Reply to Abefroman1969

An acquired taste? Pshaw.. Even my mom loves the Beastie Boys

Abefroman1969
Reply to Dagger

Love NIN PHM, I'm hit or miss with the rest of the catalog but love the stuff he did with David Bowie and Gary Numan.
My taste went MIA for a few years in the last few years of the 90's but got back into NIN with With Teeth, Year Zero, and The Slip.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
CircleC
Reply to eefyjig

I checked out Hot Tuna today and liked them a lot!

Have you ever heard Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble? If not, try "Texas Flood"!

eefyjig
Reply to CircleC

I have and I love him!

Abefroman1969
Reply to CircleC

Saw him live, it was incredible. Blew the headliner right off the stage (Steve Miller Band). Also loved his guitar work on the David Bowie album Let's Dance. Gone way too soon.

eefyjig
Reply to Abefroman1969

I got to see him, too, around '84 at an outdoor jazz festival. He was one of a kind.

Bagface

Albums - Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" and "Hank Williams Jr. Greatest Hits". Concerts - Beach Boys 50th Anniversary Tour and Moody Blues.

mmcparland27

Excellent question! Albums for me would be Bob Dylan's 'Blood on the Tracks' and Bruce Springsteen's 'Greetings from Asbury Park' (Any Clash album honorable mention).

Concerts: Lollapalooza 2 - Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Ice Cube.
Bruce Springsteen (in LA with Mike Ness; coming out)

Renfromtexas
Reply to AlexT

Hehe. Body count!!! Evil comes to mind.

Renfromtexas

Albums. IDK. Favorite concerts

Santana and Steve Miller Band.. Both at the Texas State Fair.

Killarney
Reply to AlexT

Two favorite albums: Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon / Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous. Albums: Rod Stewart - Atlantic Crossing and Van Morrison - Astral Weeks.

Killarney

Concerts Daryl Hall and John Oates Thin Lizzy

papaboo

Favorite LP Fleetwood Mac LIVE AT BOSTON TEA PARTY 1969 and Tim Buckley  Goodbye and Hello ....... Favorite Concert Palm Springs Spring Break 1969 Tuesday night at the old drive in movie theater the line up was if my memory is still working #1 Flying Burrito Brothers #2 Lee Michaels and Frosty #3 John Mayall's Bluesbreakers #4 Procol Harum #5 The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

eefyjig

I love that this post is still going strong! 🎶

infinitycastle52777

I have been listening to Linkin Park lately. Best of and Hybrid Theory. And this may date me but Nirvana is another favorite. I was in my teens when Curt Kobain died. I have only been to one concert it was third eye blind when they came to my college. I was not as impressed with it as I could of been, Stephan Jenkin's voice was all horse and it was not as good as his singing voice on the cd's.

Lee

eefyjig

I just listened to Pink Floyd’s Brain Damage/Eclipse while driving home last week and burst into tears. Happening a lot more often as I get older…..

tmn68
Reply to eefyjig

I am Am a big fan of Pink Floyd and classic rock!

Tiffany

kittybou

OMG, I am SO old, Neil Diamond was my fav concert, 2nd would be Gordon Lightfoot, Harry Chapin... Love Gordon Lightfoot's Sundown album. 

kennybob94zz
Reply to AlexT

Train Train long train.  Do you feel like I do eag

kennybob94zz
Reply to HenryM

I listen to Tom petty day in out the last dg

eefyjig

https://youtu.be/GRqSpqDofCA?si=mAg217pJrbDZtHzo

I thought this was very fitting here given the subject matter.....

cbill59140

Let It Bleed