Health Update and Temporary Goodbye

Replies
Views
SallyK
Reply to Bagface

You are welcome.

imsafanwa

Hey Bob, I hope you're comfortable and optimistic this afternoon. Going home soon!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,375 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

Hi gang!

Just got home from the hospital last night from my stoma revision surgery on Tuesday, and as usual I've got a bunch of new stories to tell. And it looks like I may have some time to write, as I refused all pain meds... so I need to take it easy for the next couple of days. They were able to move the stoma slightly, pull it out a few centimeters and snip off the strictured tip. While in there they noticed the beginning signs of a hernia forming, so they fixed that as well.

So far the incisions seem to be healing well, with a bit of drainage coming from the larger of the two, but fingers crossed... it'll be fine. From what I can see I've finally got a rosebud like the rest of you and not some Frankenstein's monster of a stoma. What I found most interesting is that what happened to my stoma is actually quite common, like 60% of ostomates experience it... yet I haven't heard anyone talk about it on here. Weird. And like most things in the medical world, if you drill down deep enough, you find that they have no idea why it happens or what causes it. So I'm expecting it to probably happen again, but next time I'll be ready for it.

Ok, got a lot of things to tend to, and will shout back later. Hope everyone is doing ok!!

;O)

Bill
Reply to w30bob

Hello Bob.
Thanks for the update and I look forward to reading the next instalment. 
It's good to hear when things go right as It lifts the spirit and provides hope for a brighter future for us all.

Best wishes

Bill

kmedup
Reply to w30bob

Nice to have you back, Bob. Keep up that positively awesome attitude. Looking forward to your stories :) K

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member
Reply to w30bob

Keep your head up Bob, you will be in my thoughts and prayers for a safe promising surgery, and thank you for letting everyone know. I am a hugger so, hugs to you Bob, you're going to be okay.